Turn on thread page Beta

Think I could phone up about the text and be like... "Look, I don't want to get a Windows phone. I want Android. I also want the best. If you can't offer me a stonker of a deal on the SGS2 then I'm probably going to unlock my phone and move to a rolling Tesco contract."
    and see how they react?

My uncle managed to get the SE Neo on a £15 a month contract with Virgin o.O, so I guess anything is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Think I could phone up about the text and be like... "Look, I don't want to get a Windows phone. I want Android. I also want the best. If you can't offer me a stonker of a deal on the SGS2 then I'm probably going to unlock my phone and move to a rolling Tesco contract."
    and see how they react?

My uncle managed to get the SE Neo on a £15 a month contract with Virgin o.O, so I guess anything is possible.
    Well o2 are doing a deal on the SGS2, £27 quid for 300 minutes unlimited texts, 500mb and the phones free! Could always say that, and see if they can match or better it or you will leave the...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know that somebody else posted about this but I'm not sure if it's normal... My SGS2 keeps heating up. Not like ridiculously hot, but still quite noticeable!

(Original post by johnnn)
    Well o2 are doing a deal on the SGS2, £27 quid for 300 minutes unlimited texts, 500mb and the phones free! Could always say that, and see if they can match or better it or you will leave the...
    Too expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I know that somebody else posted about this but I'm not sure if it's normal... My SGS2 keeps heating up. Not like ridiculously hot, but still quite noticeable!
    I know what you mean when I first got mine I thoguth it was messed up but it is natural with all the S2's. Apparently the 2.3.4. update should cool it down a bit. It's not broken it's just normal but if you feel it's getting to hot to touch you can exchange it like I did, the new one is much cooler :]

(Original post by G8D)
    This isn't Australia
    Didn't they get an EU ban?

ReputationRep:
    Bans been lifted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Have you tried both the 2.29 and 2.36 RUUs?
    Ur a genius mate! Thanks a lot for ur help. CM7 all up and running!!! Cheers!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    Ur a genius mate! Thanks a lot for ur help. CM7 all up and running!!! Cheers!
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Never had an android before... are they easy to adapt to?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Zionic)
    Never had an android before... are they easy to adapt to?
    I think so - I had no problem going from my old Nokia to the Desire.

ReputationRep:
    I think so - I had no problem going from my old Nokia to the Desire.

Thanks.

Im on an old LG phone and I might be getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 soon. Never had a smartphone/android phone before.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome.
    Ru running cm7 as well (jus outa interest)?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    Ru running cm7 as well (jus outa interest)?
    Nah, I like HTC Sense so I'm running LeeDrOiD's HD port with Sense 3.0 add-on.

ReputationRep:
    Are the apps from http://www.appbrain.com/ there able to work on every android?

Sorry for the stupid question lol.

Are the apps from http://www.appbrain.com/ there able to work on every android?

Sorry for the stupid question lol.
    No.

Power/screen resolution and even brand can affect whether and app works or not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whats the benefits of rooting my phone and what exactly does it do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    No.

Power/screen resolution and even brand can affect whether and app works or not.
    I see.

Thanks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks.

Im on an old LG phone and I might be getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 soon. Never had a smartphone/android phone before.

I had never had an Android/smartphone before getting the SGS2 and found it slightly overwhelming at first, but I've gotten used to it quite quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    I had never had an Android/smartphone before getting the SGS2 and found it slightly overwhelming at first, but I've gotten used to it quite quickly.
    I see. Sounds good then. Howver, have you experienced any over hearing of the SGS2? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I like HTC Sense so I'm running LeeDrOiD's HD port with Sense 3.0 add-on.
    Icccc. Howz the battery life like relative to the original branding rom?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.