Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InTomsWonderland)
    Stupid question, but is there a way to set the Mail widget up with my gmail account?
    Why would you want to? THere is a gmail app mate.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cz100)
    I added a few videos to my Sensation, they are in the .avi format and are over 100mb each and I play them using the MX video player from the market. The pictures lag badly and doesn't keep up with the sound, is there any way to get around this?
    The decoder for HTC's are usually crap, I use Vplayer (probably the best imo), but Rock Player is also good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    Why would you want to? THere is a gmail app mate.
    Yes, I am aware of that - and I'm using it, but I was just wondering if there was some obvious reason you couldn't use the widget also/instead.

Yes, I am aware of that - and I'm using it, but I was just wondering if there was some obvious reason you couldn't use the widget also/instead.
    On a phone or browser? On google chrome use the app store and get the gmail app It looks neat.

REPLY: OMG who doesn't like chrome! Shame on you! :crazy:

I don't think there is.

Also Google recently severely restricted outside access to the Gmail app (Launcher Pro can no longer show you the number of new emails on it's icon, for example) so I don't think you'll see a gmail widget unless Google adds one itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I don't think there is.

Also Google recently severely restricted outside access to the Gmail app (Launcher Pro can no longer show you the number of new emails on it's icon, for example) so I don't think you'll see a gmail widget unless Google adds one itself.
    ahh okay, thank you. I'll just stick to the app then.

Hey guys, how much do you think I could get a Nexus One for? Pre-owned of course! I have had my Hero for just over a year, and today in particular I feel that I should upgrade lol

I like the trackball and the fact that I can stick with my current favourite dev and my Hero is still in really good condition, so maybe I could make most of my money back

Thanks in advance!

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Hey guys, how much do you think I could get a Nexus One for? Pre-owned of course! I have had my Hero for just over a year, and today in particular I feel that I should upgrade lol

I like the trackball and the fact that I can stick with my current favourite dev and my Hero is still in really good condition, so maybe I could make most of my money back

Thanks in advance!
    Look on eBay for completed listings for both phones...

(Original post by G8D)
    Look on eBay for completed listings for both phones...
    Will do :ahee: I was on my phone earlier and eBay was hard to use on there but I'm on a computer now so I can :gangster:

I think I'll get one when I come back from holiday, after September's rent has been paid. :excited:

/coolstory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    The decoder for HTC's are usually crap, I use Vplayer (probably the best imo), but Rock Player is also good.
    Thanks. I found one on the market called MoboPlayer and it's working a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    Rock Player has worked well for me on the few times I have used it.

ReputationRep:
    So looking forward to being able to watch videos
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Does anyone have a guide for rooting the htc desire s runing android 2.3.3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Does anyone have a guide for rooting the htc desire s runing android 2.3.3
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1031 - See the threads in here, it happily gives you the tools needed to unlock the bootloader if your device is S-ON.

EDIT: More specifically: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1186401 - you'll need to S-OFF BEFORE root if not done already.

EDIT 2: Just be warned about the eMMC chip frying on you - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1225064
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tathrim)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1031 - See the threads in here, it happily gives you the tools needed to unlock the bootloader if your device is S-ON.

EDIT: More specifically: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1186401 - you'll need to S-OFF BEFORE root if not done already.

EDIT 2: Just be warned about the eMMC chip frying on you - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1225064
    Yer i got S-Off but my phone will not load recovery from bootloader it just comes up with a red triangle with a exclamation mark in it, rommanger says it doesnt have prvilages and gingerbreak flat out doesnt work :\

ReputationRep:
    Yer i got S-Off but my phone will not load recovery from bootloader it just comes up with a red triangle with a exclamation mark in it, rommanger says it doesnt have prvilages and gingerbreak flat out doesnt work :\
    You may be best off going to them with your issues in a new thread, stating vital stats for the phone. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

ReputationRep:
    ARrgh I remember having his problem after doing S-off. I fixed it but can't quite remember how . It was something to do with the phone/card being mounted on the computer?

Basically I've decided I'm going to unlock my HD2, move to a £10 3 rolling contract and wait for the next big thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    ARrgh I remember having his problem after doing S-off. I fixed it but can't quite remember how . It was something to do with the phone/card being mounted on the computer?
    had to flash another recovery rom to get beyond it currently testing roms and aint impressed by battery life so far. so far running android 2.3.5 and sense 3.1

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.