Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Basically I've decided I'm going to unlock my HD2, move to a £10 3 rolling contract and wait for the next big thing.
    I'm going to wait for next weeks Samsung/HTC announcements then decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I'm going to wait for next weeks Samsung/HTC announcements then decide
    Samsung may be announcing Nexus Prime and HTC are apparently announcing new Windows (:puke:) phones.

We'll see though. Had a play with the Sensation today and I really loved it :daydreaming:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whats the most stable & best modded rom ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    For which phone?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    For which phone?
    Desire S
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Desire S
    Have a look here on xda-devs.

ReputationRep:

MIUI is my absolute favourite (after having tried Sense, stock, CM6 and CM7..). It takes a bit of getting used to because there are some differences to stock Android, but it is definitely the most polished ROM I've found.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unlock code for my phone and it isn't working.

I think it might be either Android or Gingerbread (downloading froyo atm) as any code entered presents a "SIM unlock successful" screen.

I may have to revert to WM6.5 in order to unlock.. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    New Android user here- got myself Orange Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    Got it unlocked.

But I have to pay for a 25th month of my contract :/

Then on to 3 and waiting for the next wave of Android

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Samsung may be announcing Nexus Prime and HTC are apparently announcing new Windows (:puke:) phones.

We'll see though. Had a play with the Sensation today and I really loved it :daydreaming:
    Ooer we can hope

ReputationRep:
    Every Android phone looks same nothing good about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Yeah, because iOS has such variety. At the moment there's the iPhone 4 and... the white iPhone 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Every smartphone looks the same because the interface has proven popular.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to work out how to get data while roaming from T-Mobile on to Orange. It is very nice now

ReputationRep:
    I managed to work out how to get data while roaming from T-Mobile on to Orange. It is very nice now
    Isn't it laid out on their sites?

I set it up the day after they announced it

ReputationRep:
    Can you get proper 3G connectivity? Do you know if it works vice versa (from Orange to T-Mobile)? I signed up for the service a while back but it only worked if I set my phone to GSM only.

I'm on Orange but find I usually get a much better signal when I choose T-Mobile from the list of networks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Can you get proper 3G connectivity? Do you know if it works vice versa (from Orange to T-Mobile)? I signed up for the service a while back but it only worked if I set my phone to GSM only.

I'm on Orange but find I usually get a much better signal when I choose T-Mobile from the list of networks.
    You get full usage of both networks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You get full usage of both networks.
    Not for me. When I choose Orange T-Mobile as my network and select "WCDMA only" as my network type I get "Selected network (Orange T-Mobile) unavailable" and it switches back to GSM auto.

I just found this on the Orange site:
    http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/su...ersonal/518041

No indication of any dates or when the article was published or anything though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Not for me. When I choose Orange T-Mobile as my network and select "WCDMA only" as my network type I get "Selected network (Orange T-Mobile) unavailable" and it switches back to GSM auto.

I just found this on the Orange site:
    http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/su...ersonal/518041

No indication of any dates or when the article was published or anything though.
    You shouldn't have to select T-Mobile. Once set up correctly you phone will jump between Orange, Orange-T-mobile and T-mobile where it sees fit.

Just found this... though I swear I've had 3G/H on T-Mobile so this may only be one way: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-a..._ORANGE_SIGNAL

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.