Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You shouldn't have to select T-Mobile. Once set up correctly you phone will jump between Orange, Orange-T-mobile and T-mobile where it sees fit.

Just found this... though I swear I've had 3G/H on T-Mobile so this may only be one way: http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-a..._ORANGE_SIGNAL
    It does jump as it sees fit, but I just selected T-Mobile manually for testing purposes.

There's a thread on another forum discussing it with updates from a guy that works at Orange/T-Mobile. Apparently there's been legal action postponing the 3G network share.

(Original post by AugustWestie)
    It does jump as it sees fit, but I just selected T-Mobile manually for testing purposes.

There's a thread on another forum discussing it with updates from a guy that works at Orange/T-Mobile. Apparently there's been legal action postponing the 3G network share.
    Antitrust :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    Oops, forgot to link the other forum. In case anyone's interested:
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...453047&page=11

ReputationRep:
    <Shameless plug>http://banksybristoltourapp.co.uk/</Shameless plug>

Given we'd already established what avid app purchasers you all are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Isn't it laid out on their sites?

I set it up the day after they announced it
    Yeah I didn't think it was ANY data but I can get 2G data on orange

ReputationRep:
    The Sony S is a sexy sexy thing, but I don't think it can compete at €479

ReputationRep:
    Samsung Note anybody? Looks nice, but for me, too big for a phone. And this is coming from someone who had a HTC Advantage. Some of the stuff looks good, but I got puled in by marketing with my DHD only to realise its a HD2 with 720P. My next phone will not just be a whim buy haha

5.3 inch high res screen :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Every Android phone looks same nothing good about it.
    Damn I never realised how much the Xperia Play looked like the Galaxy S2 looked like the HTC ChaCha...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    My phone keeps on not receiving texts (although lighting up as tho it has) or receiving half of a text and making the second half, half of an old text...any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    My phone keeps on not receiving texts (although lighting up as tho it has) or receiving half of a text and making the second half, half of an old text...any ideas?
    Try installing Handcent and see if the texts appear correctly on there?

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Happens to me from time to time, not consistently though.

I thought it was a network issue:iiam:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by estel)
    Try installing Handcent and see if the texts appear correctly on there?
    Might try

(Original post by G8D)
    Happens to me from time to time, not consistently though.

I thought it was a network issue:iiam:
    It happens to me pretty much every day for a few weeks now :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else having a problem with the latest Youtube update? I have a HTC Desire and ever since I installed the update the app just doesn't work at all. It installs correctly, but when I try to open the app it says 'the linked program is no longer installed on your phone'
    So I have deleted all updates from manage apps, and it works fine but it is the very basic and old version which is really buggy and ****. I have installed the new update several times but encounter the same problem each time.
    Any way of maybe installing an older update? (Previous one worked fine)

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's galaxy S II comes tomorrow:^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Guess who's galaxy S II comes tomorrow:^_^:
    Nick Clegg's?

ReputationRep:
    Soon to be getting a DHD for dirt cheap. Not the most modern but for the price im not going to complain
    Still miss my HD2 like crazy though, it was so much fun to mess around with wp7 and android all at once

(Original post by lonelykatana)
    Soon to be getting a DHD for dirt cheap. Not the most modern but for the price im not going to complain
    Still miss my HD2 like crazy though, it was so much fun to mess around with wp7 and android all at once
    How?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I have netcounter installed on my new S2 but something is consuming vast amounts of data and as I'm on wifi its ok but I'm worried that when I switch to 3G it will still do it. Are there any apps that monitor how much data each app is using

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Guys, I have netcounter installed on my new S2 but something is consuming vast amounts of data and as I'm on wifi its ok but I'm worried that when I switch to 3G it will still do it. Are there any apps that monitor how much data each app is using
    3G watchdog is very accurate and works brilliant on my S2

Do you have many apps installed? Some apps that ask for network access basically connect to the internet and update or whatever without you knowing.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.