Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekay1)
    Hmm not fair lol what would be the best budget Android phone with root capabilities?
    Probably the ZTE Skate, or as it's known over here, the Orange Monte Carlo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Probably the ZTE Skate, or as it's known over here, the Orange Monte Carlo.
    how much are they, sorry Ima pain lol and where are they known as the zte skate lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekay1)
    how much are they, sorry Ima pain lol and where are they known as the zte skate lol
    £150 as the Orange Monte Carlo.

China at the mo, but I think it's getting sold as that by other networks in the UK soon.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Okok might have tp consider one then if there any good

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when the galaxy s2 will get 2.3.4 update. I have it on o2 but its not got all the o2 branding as i got it from the carphone warehouse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    anyone know when the galaxy s2 will get 2.3.4 update. I have it on o2 but its not got all the o2 branding as i got it from the carphone warehouse
    I think we are all waiting for the official 2.3.4 TBH =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Apparently their rolling it out in countries via Kies as we speak...

Although there won't be a major change or difference from the current 2.3.3 most likely improved battery life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Apparently their rolling it out in countries via Kies as we speak...

Although there won't be a major change or difference from the current 2.3.3 most likely improved battery life.
    I've heard improved battery life and better signal which are two things that id really like because tbh the signal for internet and wifi is pretty poor, its a bit hard to compare from my hero as i switched from t-mobile to o2 but the wifi definitely seems worse as does gps

also is that updating it straight from the phone or doing it via a computer?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. My phone wont let me sign in to the android market even tho I've got a google account Any suggestions as to whats wrong ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    I've heard improved battery life and better signal which are two things that id really like because tbh the signal for internet and wifi is pretty poor, its a bit hard to compare from my hero as i switched from t-mobile to o2 but the wifi definitely seems worse as does gps

also is that updating it straight from the phone or doing it via a computer?
    Yeah both of those two should definitely be in it.

I think it would most likely be via Kies. It should be out by the end of this month, people who flashed their phone have 2.3.6. already :rant:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    people who flashed their phone have 2.4.6. already :rant:
    :eek: :zomg:

Here I am waiting desperately for 2.3.4...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :eek: :zomg:

Here I am waiting desperately for 2.3.4...
    will it be available for the Galaxy S??

ReputationRep:
    Phone decided not to boot anymore.

Having to restore to almost a month a go

ReputationRep:
    I like the look of this: Phandroid

Reminds me of the Hero a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Looks more HD2 like to me tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've been trying for a few days to install whatsapp on my htc:
    1.Cannot find whats app in the market...random things appear on the search
    2. So I ended up downloading an apk file of whatsapp to my laptop and transferred it to my phone (and downloaded astro manager to open it) I went through all the stages but at the end it says that whatsapp couldn't be installed on this phone.
    3. I tried to download it from the android market from my laptop but it says there is no phone associated with my principal google account (altho I have put in the phone number etc). It is the same account I have on the phone etc

how do i resolve the issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drAyaan)
    Ok I've been trying for a few days to install whatsapp on my htc:
    1.Cannot find whats app in the market...random things appear on the search
    2. So I ended up downloading an apk file of whatsapp to my laptop and transferred it to my phone (and downloaded astro manager to open it) I went through all the stages but at the end it says that whatsapp couldn't be installed on this phone.
    3. I tried to download it from the android market from my laptop but it says there is no phone associated with my principal google account (altho I have put in the phone number etc). It is the same account I have on the phone etc

how do i resolve the issue?
    What phone do you have and what version of Android is it running? According to a quick search WhatsApp needs at least Android 2.1 to run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    What phone do you have and what version of Android is it running? According to a quick search WhatsApp needs at least Android 2.1 to run.
    htc hero

no idea what I'm running...how do u find that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drAyaan)
    htc hero

no idea what I'm running...how do u find that out
    Menu > Settings > About phone > Software information (or Android version or similar).

If it's 1.5 then you'll need to update to 2.1 to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I like the look of this: Phandroid

Reminds me of the Hero a bit.
    Looks good.

When the hell is the UK going to get 4G?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.