Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok so i upgraded to the latest thingy....but it won't let me download ANY apps....says....download was unsuccessful please try again . Help?

ReputationRep:
    I do love being able to use TSR on my phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drAyaan)
    ok so i upgraded to the latest thingy....but it won't let me download ANY apps....says....download was unsuccessful please try again . Help?
    Reboot the phone.
    Check the time and date are correct.

I've no idea what "thingy" is though... Could be an official update, a custom ROM, a new version of the market... Bit more info probably needed, but the advice above usually works.

What language do you run your phone in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Reboot the phone.
    Check the time and date are correct.

I've no idea what "thingy" is though... Could be an official update, a custom ROM, a new version of the market... Bit more info probably needed, but the advice above usually works.

What language do you run your phone in?
    English. Its stared working now but i know somebody who has WhatsApp but he won't come up on my list! Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drAyaan)
    English. Its stared working now but i know somebody who has WhatsApp but he won't come up on my list! Any ideas?
    No idea, never used it. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I love the appearance of Android phones. But it is not so "user-friendly" i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goneMobile)
    I love the appearance of Android phones. But it is not so "user-friendly" i think.
    Depends on what phone you're using, which launcher you're using and which custom ROM (if any) you're using.

ReputationRep:
    Kindle Fire looks hot.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone fancy helping me?

I use the Advanced Task Killer and I 'kill' all of my apps every hour or so, maybe often and it kind of bugs me that all these apps keep opening despite not even connected to the Internet!

I also have apps like Maps or Facebook are green and never close and are using up my battery when I don't even want them open!

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goneMobile)
    I don't quite know where Android's reputation for being user unfriendly has come from. Andrid is generally speaking no harder to use than iPhones or iPod touches (and since I had to spend 3 hours just to get my wifi to work with my iPod touch whereas android worked effortlessly by just putting the code in I'd argue Android is actually easier). I say generally on the basis that I know Orange is notorious for preloading redundant software on it's android phones that could genuinely confuse new users. For whatever reason Orange insists on pre-installing Orange Maps (a paid for service vastly inferior to Google Maps), Orange App Shop (vastly inferior to and vastly more expensive than Android market) a seperate email app, redundant free trials of games it then nags you to buy etc etc. However that's not representative of all android phones and generally speaking vanilla android phones or HTC/Samsung phones are not too bad as far as new users are concerned (though there is obviously a learning curve with any smartphone).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)
    Anyone fancy helping me?

I use the Advanced Task Killer and I 'kill' all of my apps every hour or so, maybe often and it kind of bugs me that all these apps keep opening despite not even connected to the Internet!

I also have apps like Maps or Facebook are green and never close and are using up my battery when I don't even want them open!

Any suggestions?
    You're probably using more battery constantly killing them than if you just left them running. In the background they may not even be using any battery at all. Stop using the Advanced Task Killer and leave the OS to do its job.

ReputationRep:
    There's not been any need whatsoever for task killing apps since Froyo, and they were still the spawn of satan before then.

ReputationRep:
    Hello does anyone else have a problem with Fall down Clasic. It has a red ball with green platforms. Most of the time it doesn't work and the ball just goes to the left. I got it from android market on my Sony Ericson Xperi X8. Anyone experienced similar problems with the app.

ReputationRep:
    Ice Cream: http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/3293/

ReputationRep:
    Aperture Science logo used for Camera app. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Is there no TSR app for android phones?

I looked at the android marketplace and there's nothing.

If not, why don't TSR make one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    Is there no TSR app for android phones?

I looked at the android marketplace and there's nothing.

If not, why don't TSR make one?
    The mods, supermods and admin team have said watch this space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    The mods, supermods and admin team have said watch this space.
    Thanks, nice to know they're working on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    Thanks, nice to know they're working on it.
    They have been "working on it" for time.

Don't hold your breath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    They have been "working on it" for time.

Don't hold your breath
    Is there no chance of getting an update from them?

Isn't/shouldn't there be a thread dedicated to a possible TSR Android app where we can all discuss it and put forward ideas?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.