Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Having an Android OS is great. Except that I am not very familiar how to manage its apps, settings, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyApple)
    Having an Android OS is great. Except that I am not very familiar how to manage its apps, settings, etc.
    What phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think, will Galaxy S2 be updated for ice cream sandwich? I need a new phone now but i'm unsure whether i should go for the gs2 or wait a bit longer for the nexus prime? i'm guessing i'll just have to wait for the 11th to find out..!

(Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    What do you guys think, will Galaxy S2 be updated for ice cream sandwich? I need a new phone now but i'm unsure whether i should go for the gs2 or wait a bit longer for the nexus prime? i'm guessing i'll just have to wait for the 11th to find out..!
    More or less guaranteed to be updated, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if theres new htc coming soon? Im due an upgrade in january (planning ahead eh? :laugh: ). Im thinking of moving over to nexus but i love sense

(Original post by johnnn)
    Anyone know if theres new htc coming soon? Im due an upgrade in january (planning ahead eh? :laugh: ). Im thinking of moving over to nexus but i love sense
    Well HTC just released the Sensation XE (Beats rebrand/upgrade to the normal Sensation) , but beyond that I reckon we'll hear something before Xmas.

I never did buy myself that Nexus One :moon:

ReputationRep:
    :party: It's my four hour anniversary with my shiny new HTC Sensation :party:
    :ahee: :love: :ahee: :awesome: :ahee: :woo: :ahee:

(Original post by Vixen47)
    :party: It's my four hour anniversary with my shiny new HTC Sensation :party:
    :ahee: :love: :ahee: :awesome: :ahee: :woo: :ahee:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I have a HTC Legend and was just wondering if there was a way to back up my text messages on my computer? I have HTC Sync installed but doesn't seem like there is an option for it... Sure there must be a way to do it as I could transfer my text messages from my old samsung soul to my computer. It is just that last time my phone started filling up with messages it deleted all my messages from all my contacts completely randomly without warning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    Hi there, I have a HTC Legend and was just wondering if there was a way to back up my text messages on my computer? I have HTC Sync installed but doesn't seem like there is an option for it... Sure there must be a way to do it as I could transfer my text messages from my old samsung soul to my computer. It is just that last time my phone started filling up with messages it deleted all my messages from all my contacts completely randomly without warning.
    Download sms backup from the android market

ReputationRep:
    My very first android phone should be arriving tomorrow. Bought the Galaxy S2 after eyeing it up for months waiting for my contract to end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    My very first android phone should be arriving tomorrow. Bought the Galaxy S2 after eyeing it up for months waiting for my contract to end!
    Welcome to the group!

Would TSR work with Tapatalk?

ReputationRep:
    So ice cream sandwich and nexus prime have been postponed for a few weeks.. i guess this means i'm ordering the galaxy s2 then, probably couldn't have afforded the nexus on release day anyway :p:

So ice cream sandwich and nexus prime have been postponed for a few weeks.. i guess this means i'm ordering the galaxy s2 then, probably couldn't have afforded the nexus on release day anyway :p:
    Postponed? The proposed announcement event isn't til next week, is it?

Just checked phandroid. Ignore me.

ReputationRep:
    you're better off waiting a few weeks and seeing what the prices are like, or get one of the new htc beats phone. I was working at the launch for the htc sensation xl and it looks so nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    you're better off waiting a few weeks and seeing what the prices are like, or get one of the new htc beats phone. I was working at the launch for the htc sensation xl and it looks so nice
    haha too late i just bought it on amazon! my old phones been dying on me and im desperate for a shiny new replacement.. i think this will keep me happy for a while

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here have the s2? What's it like? Have samsung rectified the problem's that appeared in the first one regarding the slow OS and GPS not working?

I'm so close to getting an S2. I was torn between that and the Sensation but the S2 is just more aesthetically pleasing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.