Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I had the galaxy s one, and now the galaxy s 2,and also the sensation.

The galaxy s 2 is better, it's more pleasing. The sensation just works better tho its more functional.

I'd still get the galaxy to coz its just sexier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Anyone on here have the s2? What's it like? Have samsung rectified the problem's that appeared in the first one regarding the slow OS and GPS not working?

I'm so close to getting an S2. I was torn between that and the Sensation but the S2 is just more aesthetically pleasing
    The S2 is far better than the sensation and it's GPS is flawless. It tells me which way I'm facing on a street! It's my first smartphone so maybe that's the same with all smartphones but regarding this GPS issue it works fine.

OS is brilliant and interface is great too. The back cover looks cheap but then you find out it will not scratch like other phones do.

(Original post by F_shakeey)
    It tells me which way I'm facing on a street
    lol, my Hero does that. Comes in handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    lol, my Hero does that. Comes in handy.
    Indeed it does :yes:

Like I said new I was new to the whole smartphone thing so for me it was like :awesome: when I was in the middle of oxford street

ReputationRep:
    The S2 is far better than the sensation and it's GPS is flawless. It tells me which way I'm facing on a street! It's my first smartphone so maybe that's the same with all smartphones but regarding this GPS issue it works fine.

OS is brilliant and interface is great too. The back cover looks cheap but then you find out it will not scratch like other phones do.
    really because my one never seems to lock on or just takes forever to do it

in fact the gps seems better on my hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)

Maybe it's just your phone? I don't know but honestly my phone's GPS is the thing it helps me so much :awesome:

I traded my first S2 in since it got so damn hot for no apparent reason and my second one seems to be perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)

I've never had that problem with GPS on my S2 works prefect for me

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just your phone? I don't know but honestly my phone's GPS is the thing it helps me so much :awesome:

I traded my first S2 in since it got so damn hot for no apparent reason and my second one seems to be perfect

(Original post by FinalMH)
    I've never had that problem with GPS on my S2 works prefect for me
    maybe its because i tend to use gps in london where there are tall buildings but it just seems to take ages to lock on

my s2 gets really hot when playing some games, for some reason one of the worst is tetris

(Original post by st_23)
    for some reason one of the worst is tetris
    It can be a very taxing game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    maybe its because i tend to use gps in london where there are tall buildings but it just seems to take ages to lock on

my s2 gets really hot when playing some games, for some reason one of the worst is tetris
    I live in London.... and i use it mostly in central London ?

and yeah the battery does get hot I have experience that :laugh: playing games .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalMH)
    I live in London.... and i use it mostly in central London ?

and yeah the battery does get hot I have experience that :laugh: playing games .
    maybe its just my phone, i have to send it off anyway as the screen is cracked so maybe i will mention them to check that too

mine gets really hot just below the camera

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)

Well I used mine right in the middle of Oxford street yet it worked perfect

Yeah thats normal, lol is it the gameloft Tetris?

ReputationRep:
    For some reason my HTC Legend keeps crashing and being general slow. I've only just factory reset it and I don't have obessive amounts of apps, texts ect. Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know much about the Orange Mote Carlo?
    Is it similar to the San Fran in that it's easily unlockable and less importantly rootable?

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    How much was your San Fran?

ReputationRep:
    Minecraft for android has been released

ReputationRep:
    Turns out the last Ice Cream video I posted was likely faked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Turns out the last Ice Cream video I posted was likely faked.

There was also a guy who bought a Nexus S off e-bay only to find out it had ICS but then google remote locked and wiped it. i wouldve been smarter and turned on airplane mode or smth just to keep it.

Very clever, Google. :smug:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone know when Gingerbread 2.3.4 officially comes out?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Anyone know when Gingerbread 2.3.4 officially comes out?
    its been out a while aint it?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.