Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yeah, my Android version is 2.3.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Yeah, my Android version is 2.3.5
    HTC haven't updated mine which means I still have 2.2.1 Froyo. If only my warranty expire now, I can root my phone to CM7

(Original post by cRaZyChIcKeNfLu)
    HTC haven't updated mine which means I still have 2.2.1 Froyo. If only my warranty expire now, I can root my phone to CM7
    I rooted my phone about 2 days after I bought it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Anyone know when Gingerbread 2.3.4 officially comes out?
    Been out for quite a while, updated my S2 to 2.3.4. a while back. Battery life way better and swype is awesome now.

Some rooters have 2.3.6. already although it will soon be unnecessary which version you have when ice cream sandwich comes out
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    Anyone know much about the Orange Mote Carlo?
    Is it similar to the San Fran in that it's easily unlockable and less importantly rootable?

How much was your San Fran?
    Free on contract, £15 a month, unlimited texts, 500MB internet, 100 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Free on contract, £15 a month, unlimited texts, 500MB internet, 100 mins
    Oh, I thought you were PAYG

Thanks though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Been out for quite a while, updated my S2 to 2.3.4. a while back. Battery life way better and swype is awesome now.

Some rooters have 2.3.6. already although it will soon be unnecessary which version you have when ice cream sandwich comes out
    How do you update it? My S2 is still 2.3.3 and whenever I search for updates it says that it hasn't found any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    The S2 is far better than the sensation and it's GPS is flawless. It tells me which way I'm facing on a street! It's my first smartphone so maybe that's the same with all smartphones but regarding this GPS issue it works fine.

OS is brilliant and interface is great too. The back cover looks cheap but then you find out it will not scratch like other phones do.
    I was playing about with it in a carphone warehouse store. It wouldn't lock onto GPS. I really am hoping it was because it was indoors, because I would want to use the GPS alot. Would be utterly pissed if I bought it and have such a simple thing as GPS failing all the time, cos the rest of the phone is just jizzworthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    How do you update it? My S2 is still 2.3.3 and whenever I search for updates it says that it hasn't found any.
    I think you need to use KIES (Samsung software for PC).

Failing that, and if you're up with technical stuff, go on xda-developers and get a custom ROM. (Warning: rooting required.)
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    Oh, I thought you were PAYG

Thanks though
    Nah I send too many texts to ever be PAYG

I wish I had more people to text
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I wish I had more people to text
    I realised over this weekend that my phone battery can last 5 days when I'm not texting my bf...as opposed to 1 and a half...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    mine lasts 8hrs :\

ReputationRep:
    My phone easily lasts a day (all I need it to) if I don't have internet on at all, have brightness down and use it exclusively for texting.

Though if I do anything else or have internet on much then I'm lucky to get near 8 hours.

ReputationRep:
    The Tab 10.1 is a superb tablet :yy:

ReputationRep:
    My desire has been doing some really bad overheating recently, i think its coming to the end of its short life...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, need to ask: If I set up wifi - will my phone always try to use my wifi before using 3g internet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Hey guys, need to ask: If I set up wifi - will my phone always try to use my wifi before using 3g internet?
    As long as it's turned on (duh ), yes. You can always turn off mobile data if you don't want to use it.

(Original post by hassi94)
    Yeah, when I turn both on it always connects to Wi-fi first.

ReputationRep:
    Cyanogen 7.1 is now out of RC and stable. Huzzah. Now on Android 2.3.7 :sexface:

Upgraded during a lecture - entirely over wireless. Pretty slick...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.