Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    I was wondering, I'm trying to find out how I can put all my contacts on my SIM for if/when I get a new phone... is that possible? I went to export contacts and it only gave the options of to/from SD card and from SIM... any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    And that would get rid of touchwiz, rather than just keep it 'hidden'?
    It won't get rid of it as Touchwiz extends beyond merely the launcher (though it's not as intrusive as Sense). For example, the music app, the dialer, camera and a few other apps are all part of Touchwiz, and it also comes with Social Hub, Music Hub, Reader Hub and Gaming Hub which are all pretty much useless in my opinion which is why my phone has a custom ROM on it that removes most of the Samsung extras.

If you're asking whether Touchwiz will stay in memory, then in response to that the Touchwiz launcher won't.

ReputationRep:
    On a side-note I thought I'd share this as some people may be interested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1294108

The new music app from Android Ice Cream Sandwich has been leaked as an APK. The interface is much more modern than the old AOSP one and I haven't noticed any issues but use it at your own risk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Hi guys.
    I was wondering, I'm trying to find out how I can put all my contacts on my SIM for if/when I get a new phone... is that possible? I went to export contacts and it only gave the options of to/from SD card and from SIM... any ideas?
    Uhh, is there any reason you aren't syncing the contacts over Google? One of the best things about Android is how it will store your contacts with your Google Account which can then be resynced with any new phone you get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Hi guys.
    i agree with the above, just make sure all your contacts are saved as google ones unless you are planning on switching to a non android phone

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anyone help me? I have an Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy Ace but I am having problems with it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post34413805

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...d-roaming.html

ReputationRep:
    I'm due a upgrade in December and i'm thinking the HTC Sensation EX. I've seen These websites like Dialaphone offering top phones for like £26 a month, are these websites genuine and trustworth? And do people know if Vodafone do good retenion deals?

ReputationRep:
    About to flash CM7.1 to my phone. This is my first time doing this, I am excite :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    So will Ice Cream have hardware acceleration?

ReputationRep:
    I find 2.3.7 alot faster on my San Fran than 2.3.3 was. The market especially is a lot less jerky.

Anyone seen the new Music app? Or even installed the .apk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    I'm due a upgrade in December and i'm thinking the HTC Sensation EX. I've seen These websites like Dialaphone offering top phones for like £26 a month, are these websites genuine and trustworth? And do people know if Vodafone do good retenion deals?
    Pretty sure it's owned/run by Phones4U so I'd guess it's reliable, but if you do a quick Google it's got mixed reviews.

(Original post by silent ninja)
    So will Ice Cream have hardware acceleration?
    Presumably. Afaik Honeycomb has it, so seeing as Ice Cream is the next iteration it should also have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    And do people know if Vodafone do good retenion deals?
    Used to, not any more. The best you can get is their internet prices with first 3 months half price and a small discount from upfront costs.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I can pick some of your brains for a sec. I installed CM7.1 a few hours ago, but have had consistent problems with the dialer. Calls work fine.

Basically, when the call ends, I feel the vibration, but the screen does not wake when I take the phone away from my ear. It doesn't wake with the power button either, the screen just stays off. The only way out of it is to pull the battery, or plug it in to charge (the phone wakes once it's plugged in).

Wat do? This is pretty damn annoying, I cant keep pulling the battery every time I make a call. Should I try reinstalling the CM7.1 zip? Did I accidentally the whole thing?

Edit: nvm, sorted it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Maybe I can pick some of your brains for a sec. I installed CM7.1 a few hours ago, but have had consistent problems with the dialer. Calls work fine.

Basically, when the call ends, I feel the vibration, but the screen does not wake when I take the phone away from my ear. It doesn't wake with the power button either, the screen just stays off. The only way out of it is to pull the battery, or plug it in to charge (the phone wakes once it's plugged in).

Wat do? This is pretty damn annoying, I cant keep pulling the battery every time I make a call. Should I try reinstalling the CM7.1 zip? Did I accidentally the whole thing?
    Well, which phone do you have? Did you do a full wipe in CWM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Well, which phone do you have? Did you do a full wipe in CWM?
    Motorola Defy, it's the official 7.1. I did 'wipe data/factory reset' (i think that's what it said), then did wipe cache, then installed the .zip. After that I rebooted, and installed the google apps .zip, and booted up properly.

I dont think it was a bad install, everything else is working flawlessly (apart from maybe it seems to be charging awfully slowly).

edit 2: Maybe wiping the dalvik cache will do something?

edit 3: Negatoro, wiping dalvik did nothing.

ReputationRep:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1300148

ReputationRep:
    indeed.

It's only legal on a wireless network you operate though, so like a mobile phone signal blocker that schools sometimes use- it's only legal in a premises owned by the school. But who cares.

Got confirmation of the dispatch of my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play xD

ReputationRep:
    ICS announce now Wednesday 3AM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    ICS announce now Wednesday 3AM.
    Yeah I read that last night and was like "When's 10AM HKT in BST" and when I worked it out I was like "**** that, I have a 9 am, I can read the news over breakfast/get up a little bit earlier and watch it" :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.