Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    ICS announce now Wednesday 3AM.
    Cyanogen Nightlies up on Thursday by 3AM... hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Cyanogen Nightlies up on Thursday by 3AM... hopefully!
    Uhh, the ICS announce probably won't coincide with the release of the source.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Uhh, the ICS announce probably won't coincide with the release of the source.
    :sad: You're probably right there.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for ICS

ReputationRep:
    I have found it very, very hard to resist the temptation of pressing "all" on more than one occasion today .....

What's new in ICS? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    I was playing about with it in a carphone warehouse store. It wouldn't lock onto GPS. I really am hoping it was because it was indoors, because I would want to use the GPS alot. Would be utterly pissed if I bought it and have such a simple thing as GPS failing all the time, cos the rest of the phone is just jizzworthy
    That is strange like I said mine works great especially when I am on the motorway it tells me which way im going exactly and helps me redirect the routes sometimes.

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    How do you update it? My S2 is still 2.3.3 and whenever I search for updates it says that it hasn't found any.
    Just like Xero said above. Samsung Kies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    What's new in ICS? :ahee:
    Well, from what I've heard:
    It's a unification of Honeycomb and Gingerbread, and they're bringing the design paradigms from Honeycomb straight onto the mobile platform. I'd interpret this (supported by those leaked videos) as Holo getting an overdue handset port.

This will probably mean moving away from physical buttons altogether; having much more awesome and dynamic homescreen and notification bar widgets; support for the awesome APIs Honeycomb has added.

Oh, since I'm here, what phone do you think I should get next? I don't want to spend more than £150 :ahee:

I was originally considering the Nexus One so I could still use Cronos Ginger, but I'm not really bothered any more. I think the HD2 might be too big for me...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, since I'm here, what phone do you think I should get next? I don't want to spend more than £150 :ahee:

I was originally considering the Nexus One so I could still use Cronos Ginger, but I'm not really bothered any more. I think the HD2 might be too big for me...
    What about the Xperia Play: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sony...-co-uk-1036473 ?

(Original post by estel)
    What about the Xperia Play: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sony...-co-uk-1036473 ?
    Wow, I didn't expect it to be that 'cheap'! Hmm, the specs seem okay, but I think it's a bit thick for me, I don't think I'll be using the slide-out bit much And I'd have to get it unlocked

Any other suggestions? Anything I can get on eBay is fine

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I didn't expect it to be that 'cheap'! Hmm, the specs seem okay, but I think it's a bit thick for me, I don't think I'll be using the slide-out bit much And I'd have to get it unlocked

Any other suggestions? Anything I can get on eBay is fine
    Desire S, Desire HD (maybe on eBay at that price... Maybe). Both damn fine phones. DS has official Sense 3.0 now (like sensation does)... Has easier root than HD too. Granted screen is much smaller, but the colour is much better. I personally think mine is fantastic.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Desire S, Desire HD (maybe on eBay at that price... Maybe). Both damn fine phones. DS has official Sense 3.0 now (like sensation does)... Has easier root than HD too. Granted screen is much smaller, but the colour is much better. I personally think mine is fantastic.
    The Desire S :sogood: I'll have a look on eBay once I've hung up all my clothes :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    The Desire S :sogood: I'll have a look on eBay once I've hung up all my clothes :ahee:
    Careful though if you plan to use a ROM that isn't stock, it's very fragile (because of a cheap/nasty eMMC chip).

check XDA Dev Forums for more info.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty impressive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Uhh, is there any reason you aren't syncing the contacts over Google? One of the best things about Android is how it will store your contacts with your Google Account which can then be resynced with any new phone you get.
    Because my backup phone is an old Nokia xD. But yes. Can I access my contacts from the web?

(Original post by estel)
    Pretty impressive
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Pretty impressive
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Pretty impressive
    Awesome

ReputationRep:
    when do you reckon we are likely to see flexible AMOLED phones hit the market? I know it's early stages, but things move on quickly....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.