The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7340
Original post by tinytadpoletim
Why 'oh no' ? :holmes:

Because it might well nom my life.
People having trouble playing games due to screen resolution...

Root phone, install this. Problem solved.
Well done T-Mo, you've been beaten by yet another network with ICS for the S2
Reply 7343
Original post by wizard710
Well done T-Mo, you've been beaten by yet another network with ICS for the S2

Pft, who needs network ROMs when you have the CyanogenMod 9 nightlies? :biggrin:
Original post by ebee
Pft, who needs network ROMs? :biggrin:

Fixed.
Reply 7345
Still no ICS on S2 for orange - I disappoint
Some interesting shots of my battery life here, usually leave it in airplane mode and lose 1-2% overnight, charged it till 100% finished at 11pm, light use till 11:30ish then put it in airplane mode, heres the results when i woke up around 7:15am

Heres my device details
phone info.png

during the night i have two titanium backup schedules one at 2am one at 3am
the batt usage roughly after them was
ti backup schedules.png

another time during the night when should be deep sleep i presume
woke up.png

then during the night and just after i woke up and began checking batt and take screen shots it looked like
woke upp.png

heres some batt infoscreenshot-1334383941796.pngbatt usage.png

as you can see even with high batt drain during sleep and airplane mode and with the titanium schedules running after almost 9hrs on battery, almost all i slept through the batt was still 100% :s-smilie: lol, i dont know whether to believe the app readings or not. with in 20mins of taking the screenshots and downloading xda app and signing up etc i had dropped to 92% batt. right now im on 11hrs 20mins and 83% battery.

Just wondering if my batt stats sounds real, seems weird to me, usually i use Juicedefender to put the phone in airplane mode and get about -6ma drain. i stopped JD from running, manually put it in airplane and its -20ish lol
Reply 7347
Onto ICS, experiencing a few freezes and lags but other than that it's good.
Reply 7348
Are you using any underclocking settings for sleep mode? It might help! Try to see if you can configure them within the Reaper Control built in app.

Batteries take a while to calibrate immediately after a ROM flash. Battery will need to calibrate itself to give nore accurate readings. Give it some Time:smile:
Original post by lohoj
Are you using any underclocking settings for sleep mode? It might help! Try to see if you can configure them within the Reaper Control built in app.

Batteries take a while to calibrate immediately after a ROM flash. Battery will need to calibrate itself to give nore accurate readings. Give it some Time:smile:

yup underclocked at 307200 i used to have it at the bare minimum then remembered i have back up schedules running, do you think they'd work at the lowest UC ?

i was using conservative while asleep, would reaper be better for power saving

and i thought so, ive gone through so many different roms in two weeks lol i havent let my battery settle and adjust fully to one yet smh
is it worth buying the anker battery upgrade for the sensation?
Original post by craig_huggins
is it worth buying the anker battery upgrade for the sensation?

depends on how much batt life you need and are getting currently and how you use the phone, i'd say no imo, good custom rom and the right apps and usage and you can get days, some people even say 5 days :eek: although it depends on how you use your phone and what for
Plan for tomorrow:

See how much I can drop current contract to per month (12m remaining).

If it's then less than 180 quid to pay it off, sign new contract, get HTC One X, put Desire S on eBay (unless some body here wants for 150), pay off old contract.

Thoughts?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7353
Original post by mikeyd85
Plan for tomorrow:

If it's then less than 180 quid to pay it off, sign new contract, get HTC One X, put Desire S on eBay (unless some body here wants for 150), pay off old contract.

Thoughts?

:eek: your selling the Desire S? :eek: why??

That's why I never go with 24 month contracts :wink:
I only have a couple more months, then I'm going to a Galaxy Nexus or One S!
Original post by G8D
He clearly said he'd be getting the One X so presumably that has something to do with his intention to sell it...

Got it in one. :smile:
They won't let me drop down my contract.:sad:

But they gave me a fiver off for the next 6 months... so not too bad! :biggrin:
They won't let me drop down my contract.:sad:

But they gave me a fiver off for the next 6 months... so not too bad! :biggrin:

did you try and move on to a lower tariff?
Plan for tomorrow:

Thoughts?

Didn't you say you're not a fan of big screens/phones? :K:
Original post by youngzwavey
depends on how much batt life you need and are getting currently and how you use the phone, i'd say no imo, good custom rom and the right apps and usage and you can get days, some people even say 5 days :eek: although it depends on how you use your phone and what for

well currently i get a day (if lucky) so anything more than that would be good. I use my phone for games mainly temple run, fb, twitter (general browsing)
Original post by youngzwavey
did you try and move on to a lower tariff?

Yeah, they weren't having any of it.

Original post by whyumadtho
Didn't you say you're not a fan of big screens/phones? :K:

I'm not convinced entirely, but a friend recently got the One S which is nice to hold, is very thin and doesn't feel cheap like some Samsung phones do.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending