Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    How / where?
    https://market.android.com/movies

Your market app will get updated on the sly right about now; you'll know when it's updated because you'll have to re-accept the market terms of use.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh. Nice. (That I've just got torrents working on my phone might go against this though...)

ReputationRep:
    Need something like that for my HP Touchpad.

ReputationRep:
    So, have the menu and search buttons gone the way of the dodo?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15400984

Wow, Steve Jobs really had some attitude problems. :indiff:

!!! :erm:

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    I was wondering that! Surely they could put a couple more icons on that bar or whatever it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15400984

Wow, Steve Jobs really had some attitude problems. :indiff:
    His book should be quite interesting I think. I'll read it if I get the chance. I think that it'll really give us a good insight in to the core of Apple. It'll certainly be interesting to see where they go post iPad3/iPhone5 without him being the mad man he was.

ReputationRep:
    ..:curious:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    His book should be quite interesting I think. I'll read it if I get the chance. I think that it'll really give us a good insight in to the core of Apple. It'll certainly be interesting to see where they go post iPad3/iPhone5 without him being the mad man he was.
    Core of Apple :teehee:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what they're doing there, to be honest. I'd rather have a search button than an always-there search bar at the top of the screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

:awesome:

Sometimes you just gotta go with the pun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Dunno what they're doing there, to be honest. I'd rather have a search button than an always-there search bar at the top of the screen.
    Yes they have.

The Menu button will appear if you run an app which wasn't developed with Honeycomb or ICS in mind, and will just open a typical menu.
    Going forward, the Menu has been functionally replaced by the action bar, and anything which was previously in the menu will appear up there. Which makes sense, because it's a much better interface.

The search button was removed because it was functionally redundant in any of the vast numbers of apps that had no need to implement search, and it expected that any apps that /do/ want to implement it can add it into the action bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I was wondering that! Surely they could put a couple more icons on that bar or whatever it is?
    From the presentation it seems that commonly used items will be in a bar at the bottom. That's kind of a waste of screen real estate. Also, how the hell are you supposed to get to the settings in apps etc. I hate iOS's on screen buttons.

(Original post by AugustWestie)
    Yeah, I used a friends SGS II, and I don't know how he lives without a search button, I use it all the time in the contacts, gmail etc.

edit: ^ Just saw your post. Fair enough explanation I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that phones with physical buttons that get upgraded to it don't need this action bar.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that phones with physical buttons that get upgraded to it don't need this action bar.
    They will.

What are you thinking of when I say "action bar"?

ReputationRep:
    When is the actual release date for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? Is the GS2 price likely to drop?

ReputationRep:
    From the presentation it seems that commonly used items will be in a bar at the bottom. That's kind of a waste of screen real estate. Also, how the hell are you supposed to get to the settings in apps etc. I hate iOS's on screen buttons.

Yeah, I used a friends SGS II, and I don't know how he lives without a search button, I use it all the time in the contacts, gmail etc.

edit: ^ Just saw your post. Fair enough explanation I guess.
    the galaxy s2 does have a search button, just long press the menu button

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    They will.

What are you thinking of when I say "action bar"?
    The icons along the bottom.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.