Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    When is the actual release date for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus? Is the GS2 price likely to drop?
    I've heard November 17, and I doubt it.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    The icons along the bottom.

In this image, the three "bars" are, top to bottom, the notification bar, action bar and system bar. The action bar contains functionality that was previously in the Menu, the notification bar is as before and the system bar will only appear on devices without hardware buttons.

A fourth button appears in the System bar to open a traditional menu if the app you're using isn't built to use the action bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    the galaxy s2 does have a search button, just long press the menu button
    Didn't know that On mine, long press on the menu brings up the keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, my market hasnt updated in like 6 months! The sooner i get rid of this desire the better! Everythings starting to go wrong!

(Original post by johnnn)
    Hmm, my market hasnt updated in like 6 months! The sooner i get rid of this desire the better! Everythings starting to go wrong!
    Aww, don't say that about the Desire!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Aww, don't say that about the Desire!
    Im sorry but having to take out the sim card atleast twice a week because its supposedly not there is annoying, my number pad has magicly got smaller than the box its ment to be in!! And having to turn off loud speaker when i answer my phone is really getting annoying!!

Im sorry but having to take out the sim card atleast twice a week because its supposedly not there is annoying, my number pad has magicly got smaller than the box its ment to be in!! And having to turn off loud speaker when i answer my phone is really getting annoying!!
    lmao

are you using a... standard ROM? Or a custom one? A custom one may give your phone a new lease of life.

That said, my phone has been a bit unstable the last couple of months, I think I'm due an upgrade tbh.

ReputationRep:
    lmao

are you using a... standard ROM? Or a custom one? A custom one may give your phone a new lease of life.

That said, my phone has been a bit unstable the last couple of months, I think I'm due an upgrade tbh.
    I'm using 2.3 standard rom. Im due an upgrade in january think i might just get a bloody nokia 3210!

I'm using 2.3 standard rom. Im due an upgrade in january think i might just get a bloody nokia 3210!
    Hmm yeah, in the meantime, I'd consider a different ROM

:hand:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah, in the meantime, I'd consider a different ROM

:hand:
    I think il just hold off, and hopefully it will some how work again. Only 3 months-ish to i can get a new phone. I'll just dream about getting a new phone till then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    yeah but when you type in something it will search, for example when you long press it in the market you can search for apps and when you long press the button on the home screen you can search the internet and i think maybe things on your phone too but i can't remember as i don't have my s2 on me

when i first got my s2 it was quite frustrating as i always used the search on my hero but as soon as i found it it was fine and i got used to the long pressing pretty quickly

there are some youtube videos with little tricks you can do with the s2, even though i had already worked out a lot of them there were a few that i had no idea about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    News to me too that!

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I always thought "why would I ever need to bring up the keyboard when I'm on a homescreen or menu?" I never once tried actually typing something. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    http://phandroid.com/2011/10/21/asus...sformer-prime/

There's also a teaser. It looks well slim.

I was considering a Macbook Air but I'll wait to see this before making up my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    http://phandroid.com/2011/10/21/asus...sformer-prime/

There's also a teaser. It looks well slim.

I was considering a Macbook Air but I'll wait to see this before making up my mind.
    I got an email from uni saying I'm getting my bursary again an hour before this teaser went up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I got an email from uni saying I'm getting my bursary again an hour before this teaser went up
    So I gather you will be spending that bursary on partying then. Good lad lol

Are they trying to scare us with cores. Android is only just starting to take advantage of two cores. What's the benefit of quad core?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    So I gather you will be spending that bursary on partying then. Good lad lol

Are they trying to scare us with cores. Android is only just starting to take advantage of two cores. What's the benefit of quad core?
    Have you seen the Kal-El demo video floating around?

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't my galaxy ace vibrate when I receive a message?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Why doesn't my galaxy ace vibrate when I receive a message?
    Check your settings.

ReputationRep:
    anybody use vignette ?

its a really good app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Check your settings.
    I go on Message-Settings but there is no option for vibration

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.