Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    I go on Message-Settings but there is no option for vibration
    Go to settings for the sound on your phone not messages

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to have applications running simultaneously which can be switched between while running? Would launchers do this or do they just provide multiple home screens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Is there any way to have applications running simultaneously which can be switched between while running? Would launchers do this or do they just provide multiple home screens?
    Do you mean as in have for example angry birds then open the internet but when your bored of browsing go back to angry birds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cgvince)
    anybody use vignette ?

its a really good app
    How good is your camera tho?

I don't see much use in getting (paid) photo apps when you dont have the megapixels to do them justice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Do you mean as in have for example angry birds then open the internet but when your bored of browsing go back to angry birds?
    Yes, but I was thinking it would be more useful for scenarios involving switching between browser and notepad for example rather than angry birds lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I was thinking it would be more useful for scenarios involving switching between browser and notepad for example rather than angry birds lol.
    Lol that is true, what phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Lol that is true, what phone do you have?
    Motorola Atrix 4G. I find it pretty pointless having a dual core processor if it can't multi-task in the very real sense of the word.

ReputationRep:
    Two options that I can think of:

1) Hold the home button to see selection of previously used apps.
    2) download "Swipe Pad" : https://market.android.com/details?i....android&hl=en

ReputationRep:
    Motorola Atrix 4G. I find it pretty pointless having a dual core processor if it can't multi-task in the very real sense of the word.
    Agree with G8D.

I have an S2 so just touch one of the previously used apps since one of them is the one I need then just switch between them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Two options that I can think of:

1) Hold the home button to see selection of previously used apps.
    2) download "Swipe Pad" : https://market.android.com/details?i....android&hl=en
    Thanks. I guess option 2 is the closest Im going to get to what I want, but it looks like a easier way of switching between apps the way you can do with a stock android kit, rather than swiping between active apps at a the flick of a finger. As much as I hate to say it, this does make me appreciate windows lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I guess option 2 is the closest Im going to get to what I want, but it looks like a easier way of switching between apps the way you can do with a stock android kit, rather than swiping between active apps at a the flick of a finger. As much as I hate to say it, this does make me appreciate windows lol.
    There is what you are looking for in ICS, btw.

Just might take a while to reach you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    There is what you are looking for in ICS, btw.

Just might take a while to reach you.
    Sorry? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry? :confused:
    ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich = Next version of Android.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich = Next version of Android.
    oh. dammit, im still lingering on froyo! when's the next one expected to come out?

oh. dammit, im still lingering on froyo! when's the next one expected to come out?
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    ICS is Novemberish.

Though when Moto bring it to you is anybody's guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Wow.
    Hey someone I know is still on 2.1 only found out today

Just got them to update their phone now.

(Original post by G8D)
    ICS is Novemberish.

Though when Moto bring it to you is anybody's guess.
    Do you think Samsung will be quick?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Samsung will be quick?
    Considering they've had ICS for a while now, I'd hope so.

But you never know. Might be better for sales of the Galaxy Nexus if they hold back on updating the SGS/2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Considering they've had ICS for a while now, I'd hope so.

But you never know. Might be better for sales of the Galaxy Nexus if they hold back on updating the SGS/2.
    That's what I'm thinking, still I think the other nexus phones will get it first then Samsung then HTC

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm thinking, still I think the other nexus phones will get it first then Samsung then HTC
    It's all speculation at the moment anyway.

Don't expect an update until the second quarter at the earliest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.