Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    hey guys,

Not been on this for a while so not been keeping up with android updates...does anyone know the exact data for the 2.5 android OS release? Got told it was in november sometime...
    There is no Android 2.5.

Android 4.0 is being released on its first devices on November 17. Other phones and the source (and therefore CM9) will follow in the month or so thereafter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    There is no Android 2.5.

Android 4.0 is being released on its first devices on November 17. Other phones and the source (and therefore CM9) will follow in the month or so thereafter.
    An SDK port is already available on some phones like the Nexus S as far as I'm aware. No such luck for the S II though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    An SDK port is already available on some phones like the Nexus S as far as I'm aware. No such luck for the S II though!
    Yes, but SDK ports are a waste of time and space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Yes, but SDK ports are a waste of time and space.
    Believe it or not, the Nexus S port is actually quite good and almost everything works on it. Check out the XDA thread for it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1313337

ReputationRep:
    Slightly funny.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft. Already have it on my kindle (for free) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Just tryna make monies it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Just tryna make monies it seems.
    I like the spoiler in the reviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I like the spoiler in the reviews.
    Ruined the whole book for me. It's like saying Harry bangs Ginny at the end of Harry Potter

ReputationRep:
    K so got my dad to buy a San Fran and he's already complaining about all the "Orange ****e" on it so I'm gonna root/install custom ROM before he gets accustomed to anything.
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I presume you're knowledgeable on this :beard:

Is there a worthwhile 2.3 ROM available? I'm lost in this whole TFT/LCD Gen1/Gen2 stuff. I know this one is Gen1 but the 2.3 ROMs I see all say Gen2... I'm really quite confused by the distinction and whether it's a bad thing to "convert to Gen2".
    If you don't think 2.3 is worth it... what's the best 2.2 ROM in your opinion?

Sorry for noob questions. I usually quite good at this.

ReputationRep:
    d/w worked it out.

Dad is now on CM7.1 Gen2.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, any ideas. On my S2 I set allow auto updating in the market then as soon as it has updated it forgets that the option is checked so I have to recheck it. Any ideas why it is doing this?

Sorted out everything on my SD card :borat:

But my new one isn't here yet... How will I transfer things in both partitions, onto the new card? Would I have to take an image? Would Titanium Backup take care of the EXT side? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Sorted out everything on my SD card :borat:

But my new one isn't here yet... How will I transfer things in both partitions, onto the new card? Would I have to take an image? Would Titanium Backup take care of the EXT side? :dontknow:
    I'd take a nandroid (including EXT).

Then just partition new card, wipe phone, restore nandroid.

You'll have to manually move normal files over though.

(Original post by G8D)
    I'd take a nandroid (including EXT).

Then just partition new card, wipe phone, restore nandroid.

You'll have to manually move normal files over though.
    :king1: Will do! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Question:

Everytime I turn off/turn on or restart my Sensation any apps I have in folders lose their own icon and default back to the android standard symbol. Only corrected by deleting them and then readding them.

Any idea why and if it can be prevented?

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking, could Android be turned into a Computer/Laptop OS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Just thinking, could Android be turned into a Computer/Laptop OS?
    Yes

Yes again

ReputationRep:
    Man, I like LP but it hasn't been updated in ages, and scrollable widgets dont really work too well.

Put on GoLauncher, and it seems OK, but I dunno, it feels more 'mushy' than LP, with more lag, but the scrollable widgets work perfectly.

ADW lags like hell for some reason.

What y'all using?

(Original post by Drewski)
    Question:

Everytime I turn off/turn on or restart my Sensation any apps I have in folders lose their own icon and default back to the android standard symbol. Only corrected by deleting them and then readding them.

Any idea why and if it can be prevented?
    Restarting the launcher will fix that. It happens to me too sometimes.

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Man, I like LP but it hasn't been updated in ages, and scrollable widgets dont really work too well.

Put on GoLauncher, and it seems OK, but I dunno, it feels more 'mushy' than LP, with more lag, but the scrollable widgets work perfectly.

ADW lags like hell for some reason.

What y'all using?
    I use LauncherPro Plus :ninja:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.