Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Damn, that is very nice, son!

I may have to start paying for apps

I just have the standard CM7 one, ugly, but functional and smooth:

I really want to get a honeycomb-style circular one, or the ICS slider, which looks awesome.

Also,
    Thank you :hat2:

Well if you do decide to change you lockscreen, then I would recommend WidgetLocker; it comes with Honeycomb and ICS themes and you can get other themes, as I did :borat:

:laugh: forgetaboutit

(Original post by andy!)
    Honestly, probably not, I've yet to try VillianROM, and seeing as it was the first custom ROM out for the GS2 I'll probably give it a go
    That and PulserG2 is a beast
    I'm surprised you guys are getting custom ROMs on your GSIIs, your phone's already so powerful!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone could help...

Noticed my galaxy S2 had god awful battery life, a whole charge eaten in 7 hours. The cause is the screen, using a whopping 78%! what happens is randomly the screen will light up, showing the lock screen but then not going off again. There has been no notifications, even when I receive a text, the screen will light up and then go off as normal...

I've googled the problem and it is happening to other people aswel, but i've seen no answers to fix the problem.

For the record, it's rooted and got a custom rom (I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called). Nothing significant has changed and it wasn't happening when I first installed the rom.

Sorry for the essay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2593)
    Just wondering if anyone could help...

Noticed my galaxy S2 had god awful battery life, a whole charge eaten in 7 hours. The cause is the screen, using a whopping 78%! what happens is randomly the screen will light up, showing the lock screen but then not going off again. There has been no notifications, even when I receive a text, the screen will light up and then go off as normal...

I've googled the problem and it is happening to other people aswel, but i've seen no answers to fix the problem.

For the record, it's rooted and got a custom rom (I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called). Nothing significant has changed and it wasn't happening when I first installed the rom.

Sorry for the essay!
    Find out what the ROM is, please.

Settings > About Phone > Kernel Version and Build Number, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Find out what the ROM is, please.

Settings > About Phone > Kernel Version and Build Number, please.
    It's the litening rom V1.5.

Kernal version doesn't make any sense to me, 'I9100' is the model number but the rest seems like random numbers! It's: 2.6.35.7-I9100XXKF2-CL253204

ReputationRep:
    I've set up WidgetLocker but it doesn't remove my stock lockscreen. The only way to not go through 2 lockscreens is to remove my passcode lock

ReputationRep:
    is ICS available for the Samsung Galaxy S one yet?

(Original post by Rizzletastic)
    I've set up WidgetLocker but it doesn't remove my stock lockscreen. The only way to not go through 2 lockscreens is to remove my passcode lock
    ...LOL

:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    is ICS available for the Samsung Galaxy S one yet?
    No. It's not available for anybody yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    No. It's not available for anybody yet.
    I've got ICS running on my Desire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyR2811)
    I've got ICS running on my Desire.
    Yes, as an SDK port. Not quite the same as "available".

ReputationRep:
    wat a noob

ReputationRep:
    Samsung Galaxy S2... one of the best phones on the market right now? Cba with the iLiketothrowmoneyawayphone (hehe), way too expensive, plus all the reviews, even where people have had both an iphone and samsung galaxy S2,they always seem to prefer the galaxy, is it as good as it seems!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)
    Samsung Galaxy S2... one of the best phones on the market right now? Cba with the iLiketothrowmoneyawayphone (hehe), way too expensive, plus all the reviews, even where people have had both an iphone and samsung galaxy S2,they always seem to prefer the galaxy, is it as good as it seems!?
    It's the most powerful currently available. The Galaxy Nexus will trump it in power but only slightly. The Nexus will have a better screen though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It's the most powerful currently available. The Galaxy Nexus will trump it in power but only slightly. The Nexus will have a better screen though.
    Looking to buy this monster phone on payg, then just top up 10 every month, will work out cheaper, hopefully the nexus causes a drop in price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)
    Looking to buy this monster phone on payg, then just top up 10 every month, will work out cheaper, hopefully the nexus causes a drop in price
    Don't go PAYG :no:

Do a monthly rolling contract... much better value for money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Don't go PAYG :no:

Do a monthly rolling contract... much better value for money.
    Yeah yeah thats what i meant sorry, just no 24 month ting

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does skype work on the galaxy ace (non-3 mobile contract)

ReputationRep:
    I got Windows 95 running nicely on mah phone now :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I got Windows 95 running nicely on mah phone now :awesome:
    What the hell? How? What phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    What the hell? How? What phone do you have?
    Desire S.

And it's very, very, very easy!
    http://pocketnow.com/how-to/how-to-r...-android-video

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.