Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

(Original post by ~style)
    Has any of you guys tried this out?

It works quiet well actually, I'm really amazed by Google, now you can actually search by text, voice and images and all work very well.

edit: Don't forget to watch the tutorial video when you download the app, kinda useful.
    Android 1.6 and above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Android 1.6 and above
    Damn, I didn't realise. Network providers really should push forward the update soon after HTC polishes it for their UI.

I should've mentioned I was using the visual search app on HTC's Dream (T-mobile G1).

ReputationRep:
    http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/12/dolphin-browser/ I've done a new blog post and put my thoughts on the Dolphin browser, some may want to download it

In other news, I started the android tutorial today and managed to get hello Android working.

(Original post by wizard710)
    http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/12/dolphin-browser/ I've done a new blog post and put my thoughts on the Dolphin browser, some may want to download it

In other news, I started the android tutorial today and managed to get hello Android working.
    As in programming? If so, link me.

ReputationRep:
    They need to do more for the Mail App in my opinion. It was a pain setting up my Hotmail account. I personally prefer the HTC browser over the Dolphin - there is less space used up by the UI in the default browser in comparison. Having said that, I'm fairly chuffed with my Hero.

Will there be any major key additions in the next major firmware update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    As in programming? If so, link me.
    http://developer.android.com/guide/t...llo-world.html

(Original post by Meus)
    Yeah directions in google maps get voiced over so it becomes in effect a satnav

ReputationRep:
    http://developer.android.com/guide/t...llo-world.html

Yeah directions in google maps get voiced over so it becomes in effect a satnav
    Are you on T-mobile? Sorry if I've asked this before but could you time how quick you can load up TSR on your mobile mate

ReputationRep:

Looks good. Will download later!

(Original post by Meus)
    They need to do more for the Mail App in my opinion. It was a pain setting up my Hotmail account. I personally prefer the HTC browser over the Dolphin - there is less space used up by the UI in the default browser in comparison. Having said that, I'm fairly chuffed with my Hero.

Funny, all I did was enter my username and password and it got my Hotmail right off.

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you guys having problems with wi-fi whilst using the hero? I don't own one yet, but I've heard it can be an issue (which sucks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Are any of you guys having problems with wi-fi whilst using the hero? I don't own one yet, but I've heard it can be an issue (which sucks).
    Nope!
    Works fine in several places for me, range is OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    No problems what to ever.
    I have to wait till the end of this week that I can top up and receieve my internet. Hopfully it will work well via o2

ReputationRep:
    WiFi is still kinda slow on the phone in comparison to the speeds on my desktop (also on WiFi)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    WiFi is still kinda slow on the phone in comparison to the speeds on my desktop (also on WiFi)
    Bear in mind the processing power in your desktop is much greater than the Hero's, thus increasing the amount of time needed to render the page.

ReputationRep:
    First post via hero
    I'm living it after. a few days of having it:. Best phone ever

ReputationRep:

I really like Dolphin. It's a good interface. Been using it over the default one and it works well.

Also, don't know how many of you guys are aware of it, but touch.facebook.com is better than the Android Facebook app, is very quick to load and reminds me of the good old Facebook days, where everything was so simple!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I really like Dolphin. It's a good interface. Been using it over the default one and it works well.

Also, don't know how many of you guys are aware of it, but touch.facebook.com is better than the Android Facebook app, is very quick to load and reminds me of the good old Facebook days, where everything was so simple!
    Yeah, I always use that one now. I think the short url is http://x.facebook.com

ReputationRep:
    Getting my Hero replaced tomorrow. The buttons became depressed into the phone whereas the button I used the least, the ON/OFF, was still fine. Getting my new Hero tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    Not been on here in a few weeks.

1) Bloody HTC with Eclair! Why can they not just provide a simple answer. It's needed above their current OS, which has too much lag and far too many quirks, hence why I dumped it and installed Modaco's effort with wavesecure. That pissed me off no end with syncing all names and reinstalling all my apps.

Yes there has been rumours that it will be out possibly this week or next, but I can't see it being offered until the first handset has gone on sale with this platform (contract reasons perhaps?).

2) Loved the ADC and the winning apps were fantastic. Maverick is fantastic, as is FxCamera.

I know it's painful, but I do recommend Modaco ROM. It sped up my OS no end. Dropped calls? - Nope. Button light failure? restored.

But can't wait to do all this again when HTC managed to get their ass off the seat.

(Original post by Né Stig)
    Not been on here in a few weeks.

1) Bloody HTC with Eclair! Why can they not just provide a simple answer. It's needed above their current OS, which has too much lag and far too many quirks, hence why I dumped it and installed Modaco's effort with wavesecure. That pissed me off no end with syncing all names and reinstalling all my apps.

Yes there has been rumours that it will be out possibly this week or next, but I can't see it being offered until the first handset has gone on sale with this platform (contract reasons perhaps?).

2) Loved the ADC and the winning apps were fantastic. Maverick is fantastic, as is FxCamera.

I know it's painful, but I do recommend Modaco ROM. It sped up my OS no end. Dropped calls? - Nope. Button light failure? restored.

But can't wait to do all this again when HTC managed to get their ass off the seat.
    Do you mean éclair or sense on éclair?

I was quoted.. But then.. I wasn't

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.