Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Repressor)
    Eduroam at 6am? Madman :P

Yeah, sometimes on CM7 Eduroam will stop working if you unlock your phone under an odd set of circumstances. Which can be solved by retyping in your Eduroam password and resetting the security type. Just incase anyone passing by wanted to know....Took me a few hours of fiddling to work out .
    I had to put my mate on a train at half 5 this morning after RHCPs gig and so I was sat in a 24hr charity lecture marathon but got bored

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Really? I had no problem with CronosFroyo and CronosGingerbread at all!
    Actually thinking about it, the only thing that didn't really work was updating apps. Of 10 apps to update at a time 3 would fail to update. I'm not sure whether that was something to do with the market links from Titanium

ReputationRep:
    went to see the Prime in Phones4U today, it's HUUUUGGGEEEE. Having second thoughts, I want to go bigger, but that seems a tad excessive.

ReputationRep:
    I also tried out a Prime in Phones4U, but the size seems fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    To be fair, I did just have a quick glance over the dummy model, didn't get a chance to hold or see the real thing as I was in a rush. I'll go take a proper look another time. But at first glance, it looked bigger than I expected.

ReputationRep:
    So what do you all make of I'm Watch? (it's an Adnroid powered watch).

I think the design is nice, the concept is kinda there. I think it has too much functionality-- you don't want smartphone functions on a watch really, do you? It should've stuck to time, date, world time zones, alarms etc but with a nice interface. They need to nail down what is needed on a watch and stick to that. For some things, a watch just isn't practical. The battery on this thing is gonna suck-- who the heck is gonna charge THEIR WATCH? Who's gonna plug earphones in to a watch?

Anyway, nice idea but I'm not convinced.

On related note, why are Italians so good at designing stuff. Panerai, Ferrari, Lamborghini, not to mention fashion. They may not be the best engineers but they churn on style.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm a 3.7 advocate. 4.3 is too big for me.
    Me too. 3.7-4" is perfect.
    It's one reason I got one eye on the Lumia.

I'm a bit late to the party but Joshua's review of the Galaxy Nexus, and of ICS in particular, is very favourable. He's always been a bit biased in favour of the iPhone too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Prime? Do you mean The Glaxy Naxus?

ReputationRep:
    Guys is there a gamecube emulator for android?

Really could do with one for my xperia play.

Also, Nokia Lumia 800 was announced mobile of the year, somehow beating the HTC Sensation XE and the galaxy note...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Yes, sorry :/ I was discussing the Transformer Prime elsewhere at the same time...
    (Original post by Like_A_G6)
    Also, Nokia Lumia 800 was announced mobile of the year, somehow beating the HTC Sensation XE and the galaxy note...
    I think I could understand that decision...

ReputationRep:
    Is there a good gameboy emulator for Android atm?

I ued to have MEboy on my nokia like 5 years ago but when i searched the market the other day i couldn't find anything and when i tried getting an emulator over summer i think that' what caused my phone to epically crash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Is there a good gameboy emulator for Android atm?

I ued to have MEboy on my nokia like 5 years ago but when i searched the market the other day i couldn't find anything and when i tried getting an emulator over summer i think that' what caused my phone to epically crash.
    Have you tried GameBoid. I'm not sure whether it is still available though

ReputationRep:
    ICS for Galaxy S been released yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    The Galaxy Nexus is also known as the Nexus Prime, that's what I was referring to when I said it earlier anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Was going to wait and get the next new htc out, but the nexus just looks to good. Think im going to have to get it!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Like_A_G6)
    Guys is there a gamecube emulator for android?
    The last time I checked, you needed a rather powerful PC to emulate the GameCube at a playable speed.

ReputationRep:
    ooohh gamecube ----> Metroid Prime awsomeness

ReputationRep:
    Turns out we do have eduroam as well as the cisco network...

http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/it/eduroam/android/

Now just trying to find a browser (downloading Opera Mobile) that supports proxy scripts.

ReputationRep:
    eduroam works on laptop no problem
    but I just keep getting "Disconnected" bellow the network when I try on phone..

Got email working though :woo:
    (only been trying for like a year and a half..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    but I just keep getting "Disconnected" bellow the network when I try on phone..
    Yeah, this is the problem I had.

802.1x EAP
    PEAP
    MSCHAPV2
    ()
    ()
    Username
    ()
    Password

They're the details for eduroam and when it does the disconnect on you, reselect MSCHAPV2 and retype your password and then it magically works again....

You may also have to make a manual network called eduroam rather than selecting it from a list your phone has picked up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Repressor)
    Yeah, this is the problem I had.

802.1x EAP
    PEAP
    MSCHAPV2
    ()
    ()
    Username
    ()
    Password

They're the details for eduroam and when it does the disconnect on you, reselect MSCHAPV2 and retype your password and then it magically works again....

You may also have to make a manual network called eduroam rather than selecting it from a list your phone has picked up.
    :adore:

ReputationRep:
    What's the app to play PS1 and N64 games on my S2 again?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.