Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I root my phone and install Cyanogen Mod will it remove any of my apps, files or settings? Will they remain installed etc or will it start afresh? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    If I root my phone and install Cyanogen Mod will it remove any of my apps, files or settings? Will they remain installed etc or will it start afresh? Thanks.
    Settings will die. You can backup apps though.

Once rooted use Titanium Backup (will save apps/app data/SOME settings) then install a ROM and restore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Settings will die. You can backup apps though.

Once rooted use Titanium Backup (will save apps/app data/SOME settings) then install a ROM and restore.
    Thanks. And regular saved files remain the same i.e. pics, videos, music etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. And regular saved files remain the same i.e. pics, videos, music etc.?
    Those should be on your SD card so won't get deleted.

Though I don't know how it works if it's internal storage..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Those should be on your SD card so won't get deleted.

Though I don't know how it works if it's internal storage..
    They're on my 16gb of internal storage

ReputationRep:
    They're on my 16gb of internal storage
    Is there a system partition? I'd look at rooting methods and see what it says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Its not that i wouldn't root or anything. I just prefer the build quality of a htc and the smoothness of senseUI.
    The reviews of the Galaxy Nexus have commented on it it being well–built, and as I said, you're more than likely going to be able to put the Sense UI on it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm running Gingerbreak 2.3.7 Cyanogenmod 7 alpha 3 on my HP Touchpad. Running great, really well. Very pleased with it.

Another note, my dad's got a Galaxy S2, Generic UK model from CPW, stuck on 2.3.3, but I know there are official updates for 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 but KIES just says it's already upto date. Any ideas?

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm a 3.7 advocate. 4.3 is too big for me.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123450)
    The reviews of the Galaxy Nexus have commented on it it being well–built, and as I said, you're more than likely going to be able to put the Sense UI on it.
    I will probably go into the shop and get a bit of a feel for it, and yeah you would be able to put sense on it, just need to wait and see what kind of deal vodafone can offer me...

ReputationRep:
    So my obtaining of the Air has been thrown off a little time wise.

I'm thinking more about the Prime and liking it again. Anyone who spies a review/hands on or actually gets one then let me know.

ReputationRep:
    3 days until I get Fifa 12 for free on my play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    So my obtaining of the Air has been thrown off a little time wise.

I'm thinking more about the Prime and liking it again. Anyone who spies a review/hands on or actually gets one then let me know.
    I'll get mine at sometime after Christmas and do a review when I get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123450)
    I doubt that.

Sense requires HTC's framework to be in place. Even with phones that come with Sense, I've never seen somebody put it on to a build that started life as AOSP, it's always wither been direct tweaking of an official ROM for the phone or a port from another Sense ROM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I'll get mine at sometime after Christmas and do a review when I get it
    Good stuff.

If anyone has a Honeycomb tablet (and doesn't mind maybe installing some cracked apps) could you please quote/PM me. I'm just trying to get an idea of the state of note taking apps for Android tablets

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone know if the TP will have a full sized keyboard or is it scaled down to fit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I doubt that.

Sense requires HTC's framework to be in place. Even with phones that come with Sense, I've never seen somebody put it on to a build that started life as AOSP, it's always wither been direct tweaking of an official ROM for the phone or a port from another Sense ROM.
    The Nexus S was also made by Samsung, and the Sense ROM was ported. I expect that if HTC update Sense for ICS that the same thing will happen with the Galaxy Nexus.

ReputationRep:
    The main problem I have with getting the TP is that EVERY app that I wish to connect to flexaccess/eduroam needs to support proxy scripts, and thus far all I've found that does this is Opera :/

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as we only have eduroam I can't really help but at least eduroam works

ReputationRep:
    who thinks android is a fake iOS...

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.