Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dadd)
    who thinks android is a fake iOS...
    Not the best thread to be posting that in.

ReputationRep:
    ummm.... the thread is about android, im asking about android ://
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dadd)
    ummm.... the thread is about android, im asking about android ://
    OK, then the answer is no - I don't think Android is a fake iOS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Seeing as we only have eduroam I can't really help but at least eduroam works
    It doesn't, that's the problem. I still need to use the proxy script regardless of what connection I opt for.

Anyone in this thread have a Galaxy Nexus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123450)
    The Nexus S was also made by Samsung, and the Sense ROM was ported. I expect that if HTC update Sense for ICS that the same thing will happen with the Galaxy Nexus.
    Where is that?

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I can't play .avi on android devices

I'm on the verge of switching back to WM but the only thing stopping me is android has more and better apps at non extortionate prices and it supports flash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Like_A_G6)

I'm on the verge of switching back to WM but the only thing stopping me is android has more and better apps at non extortionate prices and it supports flash.
    I can play avi files, what are you using to play them? I use MX Video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I can play avi files, what are you using to play them? I use MX Video
    MixZing. I'll try MX Video. Thanks

Didn't work

The video shows up but when I click on it, it prepares to be played and then skips onto the next video which isn't avi file format. Could the file size be an issue? It's 701mb and an hour and half long.

ReputationRep:

Didn't work

The video shows up but when I click on it, it prepares to be played and then skips onto the next video which isn't avi file format. Could the file size be an issue? It's 701mb and an hour and half long.
    AVI is a container format. More relevant is the codec that your video was encoded with.

ReputationRep:
    Having problems with my HTC Legend. Some of The apps on my homescreen hadn't come up fully so I removed them off my homescreen and went to put them back, but for some reason they'd disappeared off my phone. When I try and redownload the apps I get a error message saying 'Application cannot be installed in the default installation location' Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:

What you can play is dependent on the file formats your phone supports. The SGS and SII support pretty much everything. What phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    What you can play is dependent on the file formats your phone supports. The SGS and SII support pretty much everything. What phone do you have?
    xperia play so not as good as the two you mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    xperia play so not as good as the two you mentioned.
    Try MX Video Player and install the codecs it asks for.

ReputationRep:

Didn't work

I use mvideoplayer sometimes...maybe that'll work? or rockplayer?

ReputationRep:
    I love this Galaxy Nexus phone but specs wise would you not be better off with something like the SGSII or SGnote? Dunno if they'll be update to ICS though:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmonkey7)
    I use mvideoplayer sometimes...maybe that'll work? or rockplayer?
    mvideoplayer only plays what is natively supported by the phone

I love this Galaxy Nexus phone but specs wise would you not be better off with something like the SGSII or SGnote? Dunno if they'll be update to ICS though:confused:
    SII has been confirmed to be getting ICS and pretty soon I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Other than the camera's sensor resolution, the Nexus has the same or slightly better specs than the SGSII in almost every respect (especially the screen, which is perhaps the most important). Whether that's worth an extra £100 is a judgement call...
    I'm not sure about the Note (though it's incredibly smooth), but it's size is the deal-breaker on that for most people.

ReputationRep:
    As a result of: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post19840090 I've kind of decided I'd need a 3G TP in order to justify it :/

ReputationRep:
    I gotta say, ics is rather nice, even though im on a very alpha ROM...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I gotta say, ics is rather nice, even though im on a very alpha ROM...
    Can you possibly have a look at the link I posted above and see if you can see anything in settings that could help me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.