Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    For you GS2 users, this case is pretty good:
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/pho...LS2-BARELY-BLA

Anyone?
    Why not just Wifi tether it? Plenty of apps that let you do it on the market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Because his other phone probably doesn't have wifi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    Because his other phone probably doesn't have wifi
    :sad:

I'm hoping he's got an Android phone just with Wifi tethering removed...

ReputationRep:
    Because like I said, my phone can't do wifi tethering, otherwise I'd use that?

It can't only share the internet via usb or bluetooth. The phone does have wifi (Sony Ericsson Elm), but it can't be a hotspot and it can only run crappy java apps, so none to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Because like I said, my phone can't do wifi tethering, otherwise I'd use that?

It can't only share the internet via usb or bluetooth. The phone does have wifi (Sony Ericsson Elm), but it can't be a hotspot and it can only run crappy java apps, so none to do it.
    See, I was hoping that you just had an Android phone that had had tethering disabled by the phone company... That can be worked with. With the SE Elm though, I'm not so sure...

ReputationRep:
    So, who's been playing with Iris?
    Any good rebuttals yet?

"Do you hate the iPhone" was responded with "I don't hold grudges".
    I even have it singing me a song in that android voice of hers!

Then, the predictable: "What is your favourite food?" comes "Ice Cream Sandwich!"

I can never get bored with this....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I'm with 3 on SIM only monthly, so only a '30 day contract.' I'll be cancelling it as soon as I've put the new SIM in and tested the phone.

Edit: looks like this deal has expired. Now £121 up front.
    Deal back on.

Did you have any problems with the company setting up a DD and taking out money for insurance or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Deal back on.

Did you have any problems with the company setting up a DD and taking out money for insurance or something?
    Not that I can see. I rang fonecare and canceled the agreement immediately the phone arrived.

ReputationRep:
    Slight problem. I have blocked my phone by entering the the lock pattern in to many times wrong and can't remember my gmail account details. Anyone got any ideas?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Slight problem. I have blocked my phone by entering the the lock pattern in to many times wrong and can't remember my gmail account details. Anyone got any ideas?
    Take battery out, put it back in, see if it works?

Or plug it into computer and reboot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    did you set up a secret question or alternative email etc. for your gmail account? If so, you could go to gmail.com and try to reset your password.

Otherwise, maybe try a hard factory reset?

ReputationRep:
    As of tomorrow, I will be the proud owner of a new HTC Sensation. A welcome change from the Hero I've had for the last 2 years.

Decided to go with the Sensation because I wasn't prepared to give up Sense for the Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy Nexus was a little large and expensive for me.

I got a pretty decent deal though:

600 mins
    Unlim texts
    500 mb Data
    2gb BT openzone wireless
    18 month contract

£27 with free handset

Very happy with that. Only problem is I can't get my hands on the phone for another few days as I'm going away for a while. Still, it's worth waiting for

ReputationRep:
    Not too shabby at all that, 'specially on an 18 monther. Good work.

ReputationRep:
    Not too shabby at all that, 'specially on an 18 monther. Good work.
    That's what I thought. I was expecting to have haggle a lot more, but the first offer was £36 and I said that was too expensive and lied about a made up deal from T-mobile at £27. They matched it and threw in the 2gb wireless for me.

I'm hoping 500mb data will be enough for me though. I barely use any on the Hero, but I think that's mainly because the browsing and video playback is so slow that it's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    That's what I thought. I was expecting to have haggle a lot more, but the first offer was £36 and I said that was too expensive and lied about a made up deal from T-mobile at £27. They matched it and threw in the 2gb wireless for me.

I'm hoping 500mb data will be enough for me though. I barely use any on the Hero, but I think that's mainly because the browsing and video playback is so slow that it's not worth it.
    Well, I went from Hero to Desire S and in the last fortnight, I've downloaded about 46mb on 3G/H. I only really use my phone for an hour tops of browsing a day when not connected to WiFi.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I went from Hero to Desire S and in the last fortnight, I've downloaded about 46mb on 3G/H. I only really use my phone for an hour tops of browsing a day when not connected to WiFi.
    yeah that's probably about the same usage I get now. I just thought that if watching youtube videos etc. was smoother and less frustrating on the Sensation, I might use a little more.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's probably about the same usage I get now. I just thought that if watching youtube videos etc. was smoother and less frustrating on the Sensation, I might use a little more.
    Yeah, the Sensation is nice for YT. Honestly though, I don't much rate the ROM that comes with the Sensation. A Sense 3.5 ROM on Desire S is soooo much smoother.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the Sensation is nice for YT. Honestly though, I don't much rate the ROM that comes with the Sensation. A Sense 3.5 ROM on Desire S is soooo much smoother.
    Fair enough. To be honest, after owning the Hero for 2 years this thing will feel like lightning. Can always install a custom ROM anyway

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. To be honest, after owning the Hero for 2 years this thing will feel like lightning. Can always install a custom ROM anyway
    True and true!

I sold my Hero to a friend after I got my Desire S... going back to it every now and then for support purposes is just painful! Haha!

ReputationRep:
    True and true!

I sold my Hero to a friend after I got my Desire S... going back to it every now and then for support purposes is just painful! Haha!
    Yeah my GF has the Desire S, I'm always looking at it longingly haha.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.