Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Yeah my GF has the Desire S, I'm always looking at it longingly haha.
    She must feel left out! lol

I've had my SGS2 for 3 days now. This thing is lightening fast. Loudspeaker is relatively crap and tinny, phone gets a little hot too but overall with a decent launcher and keyboard to replace the crappy samsung one, it's awesome. This phone comes to life as a media device. Browsing the net is incredibly fast including Flash. I haven't got used to Swype but it still looks innovative as ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

I've had my SGS2 for 3 days now. This thing is lightening fast. Loudspeaker is relatively crap and tinny, phone gets a little hot too but overall with a decent launcher and keyboard to replace the crappy samsung one, it's awesome. This phone comes to life as a media device. Browsing the net is incredibly fast including Flash. I haven't got used to Swype but it still looks innovative as ever.
    It looked like a pretty decent phone, smoother and faster than the Sensation. I almost got it, but just decided I liked Sense too much to switch.

ReputationRep:
    It looked like a pretty decent phone, smoother and faster than the Sensation. I almost got it, but just decided I liked Sense too much to switch.
    Touchwiz is not for me either but there are so many launchers out there so it's not a deal breaker for me. The HTC keyboard is miles better than the default Samsung one, but I'm happily on my 10p copy of SwiftKey the screen is gorgeous and smooth and possibly too sensitive!
    There's not much between the phones. I'm only paying £20 a month for 900 mins, phone included, so I have little to complain about

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait to get a new phone, holding out for the next htc. Hopefully around feb time, I can get a 6 months early upgrade with vodafone, think im going to use it as my desire is starting to fail on all accounts. I still love the desire though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Agreed. 3 months on from when I got mine and I'm still loving it

ReputationRep:
    I want need a Galaxy S2! The price needs to come down ASAP! I've been eyeing it up for quite some time

ReputationRep:
    Just updated my Samsung Galaxy S to android 2.3.5.

Can't imagine how late I am.

Quite smooth though.

ReputationRep:
    GetJar are doing a shed load of free apps for the next two days. Get 'em whilst they're hot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    GetJar are doing a shed load of free apps for the next two days. Get 'em whilst they're hot!
    Sweet thanks a lot! I've just opened tabs of 24 of them to download A lot of them I bought when they were down to 10p on the Market

Any news on ICS SGSII release date anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Sweet thanks a lot! I've just opened tabs of 24 of them to download A lot of them I bought when they were down to 10p on the Market

Any news on ICS SGSII release date anyone?
    Q1 '12

Also, Duke Nukem 3D is currently free on the market.

ReputationRep:
    The GetJar apps seem mostly rubbish

Good tip though :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The GetJar apps seem mostly rubbish

Good tip though :top:
    Yup - still, there's a couple of apps in there and the odd game that I wanted to play!

ReputationRep:
    just got my Sensation delivered this morning, I am absolutely loving it

ReputationRep:
    just got my Sensation delivered this morning, I am absolutely loving it
    You didn't describe it as sensational... :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I updated my Galaxy S2 from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 and it seems like the font has changed. However, when I look at the font options it says that it is set to default.

ReputationRep:
    Can I pick your brains on why CWM isnt working on my bros wildfire?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, I followed the method here:
    http://theunlockr.com/2011/08/02/how...ionary-method/

To get S-OFF, flash a custom recovery (Revolutionary CWM v4.0.1.4), and got root.

Now, when I go into the CWM (it seems to work):

And then select anything (e.g. backup and restore), it just displays the background:

And doesnt do anything. Pressing the power button simply brings it back to the previous screen (shown above).

Funny thing is, I did manage to install the root zip through CWM earlier, then used Titanium backup, rebooted, and now this happens :confused: What's going on. Should I try flashing recovery again?

Will rep for eternity if anyone can figure this out.

Edit: Got it to work for a bit, flashing rom nao. Hope it works.

Edit2: All good

ReputationRep:
    Saw a Samsung Note on the bus today. It's ****ing masssssif :zomg:

Also looked laggy as.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for you guys. My mobile internet and wifi were both off last night on my HTC Sensation. However, I managed to receive an email at 3.20 in the morning which woke me up! How does it do this? On my hero, it only synced the data when you had wifi or mobile internet on.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:

How can a phone receive data when it has no data connection.

Regarding the Note, and plenty of other Android phones; It's a shame that in order to get a smooth Android experience you've got to go down the custom ROM route.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.