Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    How are you finding the bottom 3 buttons (Back, home, options)? They feel a bit weak and not sturdy, I'm scared I might break them, since they're the most used buttons.

Same thing happened with my ipod touch, one day ended up damaging the little home button
    Not had a problem with them at all, or even crossed my mind that they might break! I've been braving it without a case too, living on the edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello oh)
    Not had a problem with them at all, or even crossed my mind that they might break! I've been braving it without a case too, living on the edge.
    they feel a bit flimsy don't you think, just not solid enough.

The button's only have one point of connection (in the middle of the buttons) and when you press either side of any of those 3 buttons, you see the other side lifting up, because the central point acts as a pivot.

Don't know if that made sense

And you are brave, I've ordered a case but hasn't been delivered yet, so I take my old phone out and about until the case comes in

ReputationRep:
    Guess what's come I'm so happy and it's so nice. I'm awful at writing reviews as it starts off detailed and just goes downhill so it's probably best to ask me questions

ReputationRep:
    When I'm back on my laptop I'll ask a couple.

ReputationRep:
    Android marketplace has been updated. Looks pretty good, sort of windows phone 7 esque. You can now buy books and movies too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Android marketplace has been updated. Looks pretty good, sort of windows phone 7 esque. You can now buy books and movies too
    Does it happen automatically? Or do you need to do it yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I have a galaxy s2, and Ive deleted some apps that I previously downloaded, but rather than moving everything along, there are gaps where the apps used to be, any new apps I download just get put on the end. I've tried turning the phone on and off, and I can't manually move them. Is there anyway to get them to fill the gaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Guess what's come I'm so happy and it's so nice. I'm awful at writing reviews as it starts off detailed and just goes downhill so it's probably best to ask me questions
    RIGHT.

The keyboard: is it good enough for long use? I plan to use it for lectures etc so need to be fast for hour stints.

How's your GPS without WiFi? (I don't plan to use it but curious)

How's your WiFi (distance and speed wise)?

Could you look at this and try about some Office apps and see what's good? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1416220

I may think of more later.

Could you install this and tell me if it's any good? https://market.android.com/details?i...3dzZXIucGFkIl0.

could you test wired tethering to your phone? I doubt it'll work but it'd be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylaleigh)
    I have a galaxy s2, and Ive deleted some apps that I previously downloaded, but rather than moving everything along, there are gaps where the apps used to be, any new apps I download just get put on the end. I've tried turning the phone on and off, and I can't manually move them. Is there anyway to get them to fill the gaps?
    Press the Menu button, then Edit, then long press an app and drag it across the page (hold your finger at the side or tilt the phone sideways) to fill the gaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Does it happen automatically? Or do you need to do it yourself?
    Automatically.

ReputationRep:
    Why do some well known applications require the ability to make calls for me to be able to download it, for example CoPilot which is a GPS programme?

Some permissions put me off downloading apps. Don't want you calling premium rate numbers thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    My Transformer Prime should be arriving tomorrow. It has cleared customs in UK.. Super excited.. Nice to have a powerful device running Stock Android with genuinely useful OS additions by ASUS...

Time to get ripping some blu-rays. Those train journeys will never be the same again

ReputationRep:
    Subscribing. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Prime is getting official bootloader unlock. :creep:

ICS starting rollout on the 12th :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Prime is getting official bootloader unlock. :creep:

ICS starting rollout on the 12th :jiggy:
    Sorry, an update has bricked my device so I'm waiting for the battery to die then I can hopefully reset it (well that's what people on XDA have been saying) when it's working again and I have a bit of time in between revision then I'll have a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Sorry, an update has bricked my device so I'm waiting for the battery to die then I can hopefully reset it (well that's what people on XDA have been saying) when it's working again and I have a bit of time in between revision then I'll have a try
    ****, I hope it gets sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea to buy a branded screen protector, or will the one that came with my phone (supplied in the box by Sony Ericsson) do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Is it a good idea to buy a branded screen protector, or will the one that came with my phone (supplied in the box by Sony Ericsson) do?
    You can try the one in your phone and see how it goes, if it's meant to be it will stay on

I've been using protectors from eBay for as long as I remember (which isn't that long ) and they've worked really well so far. You can get a few for about a quid =)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got the Xperia Arc S??

My Sensation broke about 12 hours ago (see here -.-) and if my warranty doesn't cover it for some stupid reason I'm considering getting the Arc S as it's £25 less and apparently the battery life is better than the Sensation :confused:

If anyone has any experience with both phones, let me know what you think/which you would recommend please..thanks!
    (I've had the Sensation for almost 3 months and I like it but the battery is a bit ****. I need good battery life! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    You can try the one in your phone and see how it goes, if it's meant to be it will stay on

I've been using protectors from eBay for as long as I remember (which isn't that long ) and they've worked really well so far. You can get a few for about a quid =)
    So ****ty screen protectors can't cause any damage to the screen at all? Even the adhesive? I know I might be being a bit paranoid but better safe than sorry

(Original post by Vixen47)
    Has anyone got the Xperia Arc S??

My Sensation broke about 12 hours ago (see here -.-) and if my warranty doesn't cover it for some stupid reason I'm considering getting the Arc S as it's £25 less and apparently the battery life is better than the Sensation :confused:

If anyone has any experience with both phones, let me know what you think/which you would recommend please..thanks!
    (I've had the Sensation for almost 3 months and I like it but the battery is a bit ****. I need good battery life! )
    I have the Arc S, bought it a week ago. Battery life is so-so, lasts about a day, maybe 2 at a push. Apparently, it was worse before the update (i think its on 2.3 now) but I got it on the latest firmware straight out of the box. It is quite fast for a single core, saying that I've only installed a few apps/games on it, haven't put it under much stress.

Hope you get it fixed though, rather that than having to spend more money on another phone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.