Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Because Flash 10 isn't yet released yet (October), but you can use a third party app. Beebplayer even though the quality isn't excellent but is do-able!
    What happens when Flash 10 is released?

ReputationRep:
    How does HTC Hero update. Is it like the iphone where you plug it in and it updates itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArkhamAsylum)
    What happens when Flash 10 is released?
    Then more flash videos will work e.g. BBC iPlayer

ReputationRep:
    How does HTC Hero update. Is it like the iphone where you plug it in and it updates itself?
    I think you have to download it from either the network providers website or if you're sim only then HTC's website... I've heard rumours it's out tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about an HTC update but with android it's even easier than an iphone, you literally just receive the updates on your phone and you accept to install it, hopefully HTC will do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    Not sure about an HTC update but with android it's even easier than an iphone, you literally just receive the updates on your phone and you accept to install it, hopefully HTC will do the same.
    I have a feeling that this is not the case. I'm sure I read that somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I have a feeling that this is not the case. I'm sure I read that somewhere...
    How do you do it then? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How do you do it then? :confused:
    I don't know. I'm quite worried about it tbh. If it requires the sync software, I'm screwed, as I haven't yet go it working with Win7 (though I believe I can).

I'm hoping you just download the update straight to the phone from a website then install it, much as you'd do with an application from the market place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I don't know. I'm quite worried about it tbh. If it requires the sync software, I'm screwed, as I haven't yet go it working with Win7 (though I believe I can).

I'm hoping you just download the update straight to the phone from a website then install it, much as you'd do with an application from the market place.
    Hey Mike, can you do me a favour and get rid of Skype from the list
    because after using it for a few days I've noticed that it causes a lot of lag everytime I boot it up, and I've also just found out that it charges for Skype-to-Skype calls and uses your mobile number in instead as a way of charging you.... so it's basically mobile-to-skype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Hey Mike, can you do me a favour and get rid of Skype from the list
    because after using it for a few days I've noticed that it causes a lot of lag everytime I boot it up, and I've also just found out that it charges for Skype-to-Skype calls and uses your mobile number in instead as a way of charging you.... so it's basically mobile-to-skype.
    Done!

Cheers for the update.

ReputationRep:
    i really can't decide whether or not to get this or the iphone........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    i really can't decide whether or not to get this or the iphone........
    If you have the money then I'd say get the iPhone. Remember though the maximum text allowance you can get is 500. I send at least 2,000 a month. That would mean an extra £150 on top of the £35 a month for me.

The HTC hero comes with unlimited texts.

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money then I'd say get the iPhone. Remember though the maximum text allowance you can get is 500. I send at least 2,000 a month. That would mean an extra £150 on top of the £35 a month for me.

The HTC hero comes with unlimited texts.
    i have the money, but the money isn't the problem. The problem is value for money. I don't mind paying more for the iphone or hero if and only if they offer great functionality and convenience once the oooooh novelty factor wears off.

I mean one thing which i can think of at the top of my head to demonstrate this is the keyboard. Sure it's a small thing, but when you overlook the novelty of the iphone (ie the games and apps) you're left with a keyboard which is quite flimsy as opposed to the hero keyboard where everything is on the keyboard as you need it unlike the iphone where you need to switch keyboards.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really unsure about getting a Android phone... It seems like some companies won't take them seriously and help develop apps for them. Facebook's unofficial reason for not creating an app was that the platform was worthless and the BBC (no iPlayer) seem to agree...

Why should I get one?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really unsure about getting a Android phone... It seems like some companies won't take them seriously and help develop apps for them. Facebook's unofficial reason for not creating an app was that the platform was worthless and the BBC (no iPlayer) seem to agree...

Why should I get one?
    It's open source so does that not mean anybody can make aps?

and i think they're making an iplayer one soon although they have a simpler one atm

and i heard the facebook ap atm is quite good

ReputationRep:
    It's open source so does that not mean anybody can make aps?

and i think they're making an iplayer one soon although they have a simpler one atm

and i heard the facebook ap atm is quite good
    Its not the official app. The Facebook cheifs actually criticised Android and were heard saying it is an irrelevant platform. BBC failed to cater to it despite making Blackberry/iPhone apps and there are a few other occassions of developers ignoring Android.

ReputationRep:
    Its not the official app. The Facebook cheifs actually criticised Android and were heard saying it is an irrelevant platform. BBC failed to cater to it despite making Blackberry/iPhone apps and there are a few other occassions of developers ignoring Android.
    http://www.allfacebook.com/2009/08/f...k-for-android/

ReputationRep:
    what is the 500mb data limit like for orange? does it run out quickly and can you get a hero with unlimited internet?

ReputationRep:
    what is the 500mb data limit like for orange? does it run out quickly and can you get a hero with unlimited internet?
    T mobile.

ReputationRep:
    T mobile.
    but you get the gay tmobile logo instead of htc

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.