Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Ooooh.... I don't know tbh. You'd be better off asking the guys who post in the related thread to your ROM over on XDA forums. Each ROM can be specced very differently and each version will have it's own foibles. Having never really used Cyanogen ROMs, I can't possibly comment on that.
    Okay..
    So basically nandroid backs up EVERYTHING
    and titanium backup does backup apps+data+settings etc.
    Correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Okay..
    So basically nandroid backs up EVERYTHING
    and titanium backup does backup apps+data+settings etc.
    Correct?
    Yup. It also only restores EVERYTHING.
    Titanium is really useful for taking apps from one ROM to another.

Yes, that's all correct though!

ReputationRep:
    Ignore my earlier message......

I'm now on CM7..working like a charm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yup. It also only restores EVERYTHING.
    Titanium is really useful for taking apps from one ROM to another.

Yes, that's all correct though!
    One more, I'm using new ROM now and I don't see Titanium back up app there so I need to download from market again right?

ReputationRep:
    One more, I'm using new ROM now and I don't see Titanium back up app there so I need to download from market again right?
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    How do I know if A2SD+ is working in my phone and if it's working does the apps are being stored in SDcard automatically??

ReputationRep:
    How do I know if A2SD+ is working in my phone and if it's working does the apps are being stored in SDcard automatically??
    Menu > Settings > Storage

Make a note of how much internal and SD storage is available.

Install a relatively large app (Dropbox is a nice 27MB), check storage again.

Also, try going Settings > Apps and see if there is a tab for "On SD Card" or an SD card icon next to apps. If there is, it's on the SD card. Finally, when you select one of the apps in this menu, you should have an option to "move to SD".

ReputationRep:
    http://phandroid.com/2012/01/12/firs...veryone-video/ WANT SO BAD

ReputationRep:
    For that price, it'll sell like a fast selling thing sells. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of an idiots guide to installing Android on the Touchpad? Think this one looks okay: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1305891?
    Which version/ROM is the best/least buggy atm?

ReputationRep:
    What launchers do you people us? I'm using Touchwiz on Galaxy 2. I'm tempted to have go with the others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    What launchers do you people us? I'm using Touchwiz on Galaxy 2. I'm tempted to have go with the others
    GO Launcher EX.

ReputationRep:
    I've used ADW and Launcher Pro. LP was good for pre GB Android, but feels a bit dated now.

Currently, I'm using NOVA or Trebuchet, but that's for ICS only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Anyone know of an idiots guide to installing Android on the Touchpad? Think this one looks okay: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1305891?
    Which version/ROM is the best/least buggy atm?
    I've now done this via a YouTube video.
    It runs pretty well but isn't smooth like WebOS. Also the Netflix video playback is just about SD quality and is slightly pixelated-- watchable but my phone puts it to shame. At least I can now tab browse with dolphin!

Go Launcher EX. It's got too many features though! lol

ReputationRep:
    And if I install custom ROM but later on want to use original one, is that possible?
    If you are still uncertain as to whether A2SD is working trying downloading this: https://market.android.com/details?i....a2sdGUI&hl=en and seeing what it says.

You may not have that particular script though.

ReputationRep:
    just a quick question, when you download a game in which you have to instal an additional pack to play it, will it then remove this when you uninstal the programme and when you uninstal an app will it remove everything associated with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    just a quick question, when you download a game in which you have to instal an additional pack to play it, will it then remove this when you uninstal the programme and when you uninstal an app will it remove everything associated with it?
    Doubtful. The extra stuff you download will likely be in a folder on your SD card with a name similar to the game.

ReputationRep:
    Which browser would you guys recommend me to use??

ReputationRep:
    Dolphin. I use Mini but I hear HD is good too.

ReputationRep:
    I primarily use Opera Mini (accustomed to it from previous phones, is the best for data compression on mobile networks, and has RSS feeds and Speed Dial), and secondarily, Opera Mobile (same layout, but with Flash and Javascript).

The only problem is that the sessions don't reload after it is cleared from memory like they do in Dolphin and Firefox.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.