Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Installed ICS. Nothing I restore from Titanium appears in the launcher :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Quite a tricky question I think, so let me explain the scenario to you guys first:

My HTC Desire HD thinks it's connected to a wired headset at all times. I've had it checked out and such, but it's apparently water damaged (though I have no idea how). This means that the phone always wants to output sound through the headset which is not actually connected, ergo I couldn't hear a thing. Owing to the fact that I really can't be bothered getting into a complaints procedure with HTC directly (third year uni is hectic enough as it is), I've been getting around this by downloading an app that lets me manually block sound coming through a headset. The only thing is that I have to speak on speakerphone, so it's not a complete fix. And speakerphone on even the lowest volume is still quite loud and annoying.

So what I'm asking is if through rooting the phone there would be a way to re-trick the phone into thinking that a headset isn't connected (though technically there is, and physically there isn't)? This would solve all of my problems.

ReputationRep:
    TSR android folks, learn me on replacing the screen/digitizer on an i9000. Where can you buy that stuff for cheap?

[reps for life]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    TSR android folks, learn me on replacing the screen/digitizer on an i9000. Where can you buy that stuff for cheap?

[reps for life]
    easier to replace whole screen, new one will set you back about £90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt9XN...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    easier to replace whole screen, new one will set you back about £90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt9XN...eature=related
    Ouchies. Thanks bro.

Look at the nails on the bro in the video O_o

ReputationRep:
    Ouchies. Thanks bro.

Look at the nails on the bro in the video O_o
    I did the same thing! Look so feminine

ReputationRep:
    Not impressive specs, but good lord the Toshiba Excite is gorgeous:

Spoiler:
    Show

Now, when will we see Win8 slates that look like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    What launchers do you people us? I'm using Touchwiz on Galaxy 2. I'm tempted to have go with the others
    CM7 Ring Lock modified:

Go Launcher themed to ICS:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. Well I'm actually running ICS :pierre:

shame I don't have working A2SD yet though :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with my HTC desire after I installed MIUI_Au yesterday.

Problem is whenever I charge the phone with socket charger the phone is not being charged AT ALL and the led light is green.

When I switched off the phone and charge with socket charger it gets charged properly with orange led and the led turns green when it is fully 100% charged.

Then i tried charging with computer, the phone gets charged properly in running mode BUT the led is green colour all the time.

I have tried battery wipe reset as MIUI_Au website suggests but i see no change

Any idea what is wrong with my phone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Yeah.. Well I'm actually running ICS :pierre:

shame I don't have working A2SD yet though :emo:
    ICS is still in pre-alpha for mine :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    ICS is still in pre-alpha for mine :cry2:
    Still some issues with my ROM of choice ("ICS MOD") but I should have A2SD after my phone is done flashing.

ICS is so smooth and nice :sogood:
    Shame about the 4.0.3 drawer lag tho :erm:

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between D2EXT X-Part and A2SD??

i just don't get it

ReputationRep:
    So the general consensus is that rooting but not unlocking the bootloader doesn't cause the warranty to become void? I've asked this on XDA forums but with so many users from so many different countries I just want to make sure by asking you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    So the general consensus is that rooting but not unlocking the bootloader doesn't cause the warranty to become void? I've asked this on XDA forums but with so many users from so many different countries I just want to make sure by asking you guys
    I'm pretty sure if a manufacturer can detect you've rooted they won't honour it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'm pretty sure if a manufacturer can detect you've rooted they won't honour it.
    How about if it's rooted, a few apps get deleted and then unrooted again?

ReputationRep:
    How about if it's rooted, a few apps get deleted and then unrooted again?
    I honestly don't know how a company would go about checking if your phone was rooted or not so I really have no idea.

I just know that if they can tell the phone has been modified at all they will not honour the warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I honestly don't know how a company would go about checking if your phone was rooted or not so I really have no idea.

I just know that if they can tell the phone has been modified at all they will not honour the warranty.
    Not necessarily, send my DHD away for a repaid and it was h-off, and this is probably the easiest way to tell if something is messed with, you go to boot loader and it says h-off rather than h-on. Also had CWM recovery installed, and they sent me a replacement no problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Not necessarily, send my DHD away for a repaid and it was h-off, and this is probably the easiest way to tell if something is messed with, you go to boot loader and it says h-off rather than h-on. Also had CWM recovery installed, and they sent me a replacement no problems.
    Newbie language please

Just out of curiosity, did you send it off for a hardware or a software fault?

ReputationRep:
    Newbie language please

Just out of curiosity, did you send it off for a hardware or a software fault?
    repaid should have been repair haha

Sorry, just realised its s-off and s-on rather than h. Its basically if the boot loader is unlocked. At first it was the only way to flash a custom recovery, before they worked out unlocking the radio (the cellular part of the phone).

CWM is a custom recovery that allows you to flash unsigned images and loads of other stuff. The normal recovery only lets you flash the images downloaded from the manufacturer website.

It was sent away for a broken digitiser, but they didn't fix it, just replaced it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.