The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karma Charger
I dropped my S2 in water last year and got it replaced by my insurance company... It cost £25 though...

If you have insurance then yeah they'll probably pay out.

Though that is usually called insurance fraud.
Bricking a samsung is hard to do if you use the samsung toolkits released by the xda guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fraud, how? :beard:
Original post by + polarity -
Fraud, how? :beard:

Well assuming it doesn't cover 'purposeful damage' its the phone equivalent of having home insurance and committing self-arson to get them to pay out.
Hoping someone on here can help me out.

I ported my t-mobile no. over to Talkmobile on the fifth. Sim card arrived today and I've bumped it into My samsung Galaxy. However, there is a sim card icon with an exclamation mark in the top right hand corner. Anyone know what this means? I can't send texts etc so I'm guessing it's to do with a sim not recognisable or something?

Also, my galaxy is asking for a network code. I thought the phone is network unlocked when your previous contract runs out?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Water damage will not be covered by your warranty. There are tabs inside the phone (and battery I think) that indicate whether or not there has been substantial water present inside your phone.

For crying out loud, that sig is creepy. I might have to add it to adblockplus.
Original post by cowsforsale
I thought the phone is network unlocked when your previous contract runs out?

lol

What model is your phone? You should be able to get an unlock code from a website like unlocking.com (which I used for my venerable Hero), or from T-Mobile, but they'll most likely charge a lot.
lol

What model is your phone? You should be able to get an unlock code from a website like unlocking.com (which I used for my venerable Hero), or from T-Mobile, but they'll most likely charge a lot.

samsung galaxy s (I)

old network was t-mobile.

Just found out I should be able to get it done for free since my 2 year contract with them is over.. Will call them up tomorrow .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Who are EE :s-smilie:

Orange and T-Mobile, together. <3
Original post by G8D
Who are EE :s-smilie:

Everything Everywhere are Orange and T-Mobile's parent company. They're now renaming themselves whilst also releasing a new carrier; EE. This will sit alongside T mobile and Orange, though, I rather than replacing them with one big network.
Lovely Android people can you look at my post. I totally didnt see this thread.

Basically phone wont accept messages.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2119365

Any help?
According to Sammobile, the S3 is getting JB next month and the S2 in November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it definitely impossible with a dual core? I'm sure some of the S III variants are using the S4, which is definitely dual core.
Is it definitely impossible with a dual core? I'm sure some of the S III variants are using the S4, which is definitely dual core.

In America, the AT&T, Sprint etc... exclusives are dual core but have 2GB of RAM IIRC. The international version GT-19300 is a quadcore.
Reply 8076
Liking the look of the Note 2.
Have any of yous with 1 GB of RAM ever had apps close because you'd run out of it?
Nope, never.
Have any of yous with 1 GB of RAM ever had apps close because you'd run out of it?

Nor me. I do still clear the memory every now and then but that's when I get ANRs