Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to get Beautiful Widgets to actually show up in the widget drawer on ICS? :erm:

NVM, reboot sorted it

ReputationRep:
    I think my digitizer is broken.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, not really been on TSR for any long stretch for the past week with revision
    (Original post by G8D)
    Tell us how it's better :puppyeyes:
    It just overall just feels snappier although over honeycomb there aren't many noticeable UI improvements. One downsite though is on Honeycomb FF had a nice big tablet UI but now it has reverted to it's mobile UI which is really small and ugly.

Stock ICS browser is nice and the chrome bookmark syncing is very nice. Plus there is the added benefit that if you visit a google site with stock browser, it will lift your credentials from android and log you in straight away which is neat.

(Original post by silent ninja)
    Got Netflix US rocking on my phone. Awesome! Glad I got the SGS2 now, I can just about watch something on the puney screen.
    I'm going to get the trial in a few weeks when my exams are over

I did think that 7" tablets were the sweetspot in terms of size but 10.1 is actually a good size and isn't massive

(Original post by TheCasual)
    What launchers do you people us? I'm using Touchwiz on Galaxy 2. I'm tempted to have go with the others
    Go Launcher EX. Means I can have a grid of 5 x 4 which on my GSII it makes really good use of the screen real estate

(Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Which browser would you guys recommend me to use??
    Dolphin HD on GB on my phone and Stock on ICS

ReputationRep:
    Recommend me a good video player? One that can play most formats, but is light on battery?

ReputationRep:
    ****. Digitizer is being a ***** D:

ReputationRep:
    Hey got a new app called positive thinking and love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Recommend me a good video player? One that can play most formats, but is light on battery?
    MX Video Player.

Probably not light on battery, but it'll play anything you like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for anti-SOPA but XDA can **** right off

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the HTC Incredible S? Or used it before? How was/is it in general??
    My two previous phones were the Desire and Sensation. I really need a new phone and can't fork out the money for a Sensation (which is what I had before). I paid £365 for it in October and it broke 2 weeks ago :rant: So I want anything close to it but still cheapish (I can get the Incredible for £220ish second hand)

I'm also considering the Xperia Arc S? Any advice??

Really, the only things I'm looking for are a pretty good battery life and and the phone to run on/have the official update for Gingerbread. My Sensation lasted about 6-7 hours with pretty heavy usage, so anything better than this is what I really need :innocent:
    I read a review yesterday which said the Incredible lasts 10-12 hours with moderate-heavy usage, so I'm hoping that that's not an exaggeration!

EDIT: Forget the Xperia, I'm leaning toward the Incredible coz of the battery life. Any objections? Advice? Anything?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah I need to log onto XDA too.

Someone recommend me a good Music player app? The default player on my arc s does the job, but functionality wise it's a bit annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah I need to log onto XDA too.

Someone recommend me a good Music player app? The default player on my arc s does the job, but functionality wise it's a bit annoying.
    PowerAMP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    PowerAMP.
    +1

I've been using it since it was in beta on my Hero running Android 1.6. It's still by far the best out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    PowerAMP.
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    +1

I've been using it since it was in beta on my Hero running Android 1.6. It's still by far the best out there.
    Is it very ram/battery hungry?

ReputationRep:
    Is it very ram/battery hungry?
    Nope.

It can be - depends how many after effects you want to put on your music. EQ + DolbyHD + Tone Controls tend to hammer battery a bit but you'd never need all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'm all for anti-SOPA but XDA can **** right off
    Contradicting yourself a little bit? I think it's fantastic. Although I am having reddit withdrawal symptoms

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a HTC desire S and my phone just updated to HTC sense 3.0. I like most of the features apart from the homescreen animations when scrolling left or right.

Looked everywhere, but cant find a way of removing it to have normal sliding, instead of the '3D' animation.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliteDNA)
    Hi,

I have a HTC desire S and my phone just updated to HTC sense 3.0. I like most of the features apart from the homescreen animations when scrolling left or right.

Looked everywhere, but cant find a way of removing it to have normal sliding, instead of the '3D' animation.

Thanks in advance.
    IIRC, there's nothing that can be done about that. Rosie just ain't that configurable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliteDNA)
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    Settings->display->change those settings? I have turn 3d off on mine

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a Xoom or Touchpad, or even a playbook? Considering getting one and wondered if they're actually any good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Anyone got a Xoom or Touchpad, or even a playbook? Considering getting one and wondered if they're actually any good
    I got a Touchpad, also got it set up to dual boot either Web OS or Android. It is good as a portable media device but since I got my SGS2 I use it less and less (this phone is faster in general). I paid £85 for mine, I certainly wouldn't pay anything more than £200 for a tablet. They're too limited and functionality overlaps too much with a phone. I get online streams (such as iPlayer, Netflix) on my TVs anyway so there's little point in me having a tablet. I would not read a book on one either. Browsing the web is nicer on a bigger screen than my phone, but my phone is always in my pocket. You can't do anything productive on a tablet either.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.