Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    If you wait a month for all the new phones to come out then you may be able to pick up some good deals on the current crop of phones. GSII which is still a stunning phone and will get ICS will definitely drop in price when the GS III is announced
    Transformer still good?

also out of curiosity: how **** does this look on a tablet? https://market.android.com/details?i...29saXRhaXJlIl0.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the sg2 will get an update for Android 4.0 (I think). I heard it was in June some time but I think you can do it yourself now?

ReputationRep:
    How can I stop pocket dialing? :3 /basics :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    How can I stop pocket dialing? :3 /basics :ninja:
    'Call Confirm Slider' should help.

Is it a touchscreen? How do you manage to unlock your phone in your pocket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    'Call Confirm Slider' should help.

Is it a touchscreen? How do you manage to unlock your phone in your pocket?
    Yeah I was looking at that, cheers.

Yeah. IDK, it always just calls the last person I've phoned....swear even once it phoned someone when it was sitting on the desk next to me. :lolwut: Just walking along with my headphones in and it started ringing...as in me calling.

ReputationRep:
    That works at least. Twice since installing it I have taken my phone out of my pocket and its been asking for call confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I downloaded Hanging with Friends, but when I tried installing it it said something alone the lines of 'file invalid'. It's really annoying because it's a massive file for my tiny htc desire, so it's clogging up space. I don't know how to delete it either because it's not actually an application yet which I can simply uninstall. I can't redownload it because I have no space left to do so!

Any help? Thanks people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP1)
    Hey, I downloaded Hanging with Friends, but when I tried installing it it said something alone the lines of 'file invalid'. It's really annoying because it's a massive file for my tiny htc desire, so it's clogging up space. I don't know how to delete it either because it's not actually an application yet which I can simply uninstall. I can't redownload it because I have no space left to do so!

Any help? Thanks people
    plug the phone into the pc and mount as drive. You can manually delete files there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    plug the phone into the pc and mount as drive. You can manually delete files there.
    I tried doing that, but I thought that only gave you access to the SD card? which the file isn't on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    That works at least. Twice since installing it I have taken my phone out of my pocket and its been asking for call confirmation.
    stupid question, but do you turn the screen off before you put it in your pocket? Only ask because my mum didn't with her iPhone for ages, then moaned about the battery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP1)
    I tried doing that, but I thought that only gave you access to the SD card? which the file isn't on.
    It should give you access to both the internal and external storage if you connect it in USB mass storage mode. Is your phone rooted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    It should give you access to both the internal and external storage if you connect it in USB mass storage mode. Is your phone rooted?
    Ah thanks! Any idea what folder it would be in? I did try, but maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

And nope, it's not rooted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHP1)
    Ah thanks! Any idea what folder it would be in? I did try, but maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

And nope, it's not rooted
    Hmm... I just installed it to check and it appears you will need to root your phone to access the directories. The .apk is stored in:

/data/app (presumably, the 15.47MB .apk is the problem)

And the data files are stored in

/data/data

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    stupid question, but do you turn the screen off before you put it in your pocket? Only ask because my mum didn't with her iPhone for ages, then moaned about the battery
    Yeah, the screen's off everytime I put it back in it's case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Transformer still good?

also out of curiosity: how **** does this look on a tablet? https://market.android.com/details?i...29saXRhaXJlIl0.
    Yeah its still so good. Used it so much more than I ever imagined. I can pull any documents off the uni intranet and then used for revision / work. iPlayer is brilliant apart from the speaker being on the back so I have to turn he volume up a bit more than I'd like, especially when watching it at nigt when everyone is asleep.

And that game looks awful but I do have a spider game which is really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Played with a mate's Nexus S today... Too big. Feels cheap. Stock ICS is lame. I hate the virtual buttons.

Mind you, I kinda was expecting all that anyway. Samsung phones just feel awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Played with a mate's Nexus S today... Too big. Feels cheap. Stock ICS is lame. I hate the virtual buttons.

Mind you, I kinda was expecting all that anyway. Samsung phones just feel awful.
    I was under the impression that phones with buttons don't get the virtual ones..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Repressor)
    I was under the impression that phones with buttons don't get the virtual ones..?
    The virtual buttons in ICS are on all devices. They're the ones that run along the bottom of the screen.

ReputationRep:
    More SGS3 rumours. They say it will be released in April.

Features include:

12mp camera
    quadcore cpu between 1.5-1.6GHz (bit far fetched I think)

http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_iii...-news-3712.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Like_A_G6)
    quadcore cpu between 1.5-1.6GHz (bit far fetched I think)
    Sounds reasonable to me. Tegra 3 is quad core, runs at 1.4Ghz.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.