Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Sounds reasonable to me. Tegra 3 is quad core, runs at 1.4Ghz.
    Surely the performance benefits vs battery life doesn't add up yet for a quad core phone. Even the Galaxy Nexus is limited to increase battery life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Surely the performance benefits vs battery life doesn't add up yet for a quad core phone. Even the Galaxy Nexus is limited to increase battery life!
    Depends really. They've put a 5th core on there which (IIRC) is an Arm v7 chip running at 500Mhz for basic sys ops / idle. I'd imagine the code then only brings on 1 core at a time until all 4 are used, so unless you're doing something really heavy (GTA3 / the upcoming release of Resident Evil 4 etc...) I shouldn't think it'd be that bad. It's the monster sized screen that I'd be worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Basically everything that can go wrong with the HD2 has or is in the process of going wrong, sans bad blocks :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Fairly sure the touchscreen is totally dead now. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww. It lasted well tbf!

:rip:

Does anyone know of a cache cleaner that lets me choose apps to ignore? My phone has been very well-behaved since I stopped using WidgetLocker (it used to die at about 84 hours, but it's been 226 hours without it dying or me dropping it, and it's still going strong! :thumbsup:). Anyway, I clean the cache every couple of days to keep it fresh, but then my wallpaper forgets which picture it's meant to be displaying and then it reverts to the first one in the folder and it's irritating me.

TIA

P.S. I'm using this one atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Does anyone know of a cache cleaner that lets me choose apps to ignore? My phone has been very well-behaved since I stopped using WidgetLocker (it used to die at about 84 hours, but it's been 226 hours without it dying or me dropping it, and it's still going strong! :thumbsup:). Anyway, I clean the cache every couple of days to keep it fresh, but then my wallpaper forgets which picture it's meant to be displaying and then it reverts to the first one in the folder and it's irritating me.

TIA

P.S. I'm using this one atm
    I use that, but i've never had that problem. You tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it again?

(Original post by TheCasual)
    You tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it again?
    No, I shall try this when I am with my phone again. :emog:

ReputationRep:
    The virtual buttons in ICS are on all devices. They're the ones that run along the bottom of the screen.
    Huh? Phones with hardware buttons (like the Nexus S) don't get virtual buttons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Huh? Phones with hardware buttons (like the Nexus S) don't get virtual buttons.
    This is a good thing. I don't know what I was thinking before...

(Original post by TheCasual)
    I use that, but i've never had that problem. You tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it again?
    :nope:

ReputationRep:
    This is a good thing. I don't know what I was thinking before...
    Well, the Nexus S does have capacitive hardware buttons, rather than things that go click?

I'm on the other side of the fence though: hopefully within a few months we won't see any new phones coming out with hardware buttons, they should rot in the past.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when ICS will be coming the the HTC Sensation XE ? They said early 2012 :eek:

I'm sorry but android is for geeks. At least that's what it is like at my school.

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mass.Debater)
    I'm sorry but android is for geeks. At least that's what it is like at my school.

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS
    Is that meant to be an insult? I take 'geek' as a compliment. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Well, the Nexus S does have capacitive hardware buttons, rather than things that go click?

I'm on the other side of the fence though: hopefully within a few months we won't see any new phones coming out with hardware buttons, they should rot in the past.
    I quite like the soft buttons on the Desire S. Wouldn't change them for the strip on ICS for the world.

(Original post by dignityinclay)
    Anyone know when ICS will be coming the the HTC Sensation XE ? They said early 2012 :eek:
    I'd imagine early 2012.

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS
    Yah, that's why I've got one... You too cool for Android? Rocking BBOS per chance?

Edit: Since going ICS, I really don't know why I was so happy with Sense...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly not sure whether I like the action bar tbh. The Hero was my favourite phone in ways because of the buttons it had. I find it massively helpful/sensible to have call/endcall buttons and I also don't see the issue with the menu button.. I thought it was great to have that instead of cluttering the bottom/top/both of the screen with menu bars (like on iOS)...

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who isn't bothered about ICS at the moment? The main reason I upgrade an OS or flash is for speed (second would be new features). But the stock OS on the SGS2 is very fast and I can't say it's missing any features that I want, so why would I upgrade? If it ain't broke...

Also, what about all the apps on the Market? I can imagine many are not fully compatible. I'm happy not upgrading to ICS for several more months.

ReputationRep:

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS
    To be honest I think this guy has a point. I mean unless you're a geek why bother with android? Why not take the easy of use of iOS? It also looks a lot sexier. Dealll with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.