Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxbridge.Potential)
    To be honest I think this guy has a point. I mean unless you're a geek why bother with android? Why not take the easy of use of iOS? It also looks a lot sexier. Dealll with it
    You made an account to post that?

Honestly the only thing iOS looks is boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

haha well this thread was the first that popped up on the discussions bit to the side

iOS boring? Sure if you're a geek/technology guy. That is what I mean, only geeky people want the customisation android brings, which is why most are better off with the sleeker, prettier and easier to operate iOS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

haha well this thread was the first that popped up on the discussions bit to the side

iOS boring? Sure if you're a geek/technology guy. That is what I mean, only geeky people want the customisation android brings, which is why most are better off with the sleeker, prettier and easier to operate iOS.

ReputationRep:

Be gone imbecile. Drown in your ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Be gone imbecile. Drown in your ignorance.
    wow, geeks get touchy... No need for that horrible insult

Just cause I get da girls with my iphone 4s bro

ReputationRep:

Another issue I hold with the iPhone (beyond not enjoying the aesthetics, both in looks and UI) is the fact that everyone seems to have them now. I feel much better not conforming if I'm honest.

And pulling girls as a result of your iPhone, chatting m8 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    wow, geeks get touchy... No need for that horrible insult

Just cause I get da girls with my iphone 4s bro
    okay BRO. Only someone who can't get girls would say that :lol: :facepalm:
    Unfortunately I have to rely on my wit and handsome looks.

Anyway, back to Android. Sky Go is coming next month. Woohoo! Finally. I'll probably never use it but nice to know it will exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Another issue I hold with the iPhone (beyond not enjoying the aesthetics, both in looks and UI) is the fact that everyone seems to have them now. I feel much better not conforming if I'm honest.

And pulling girls as a result of your iPhone, chatting m8 :rolleyes:
    Well that's fair enough, i respect your opinion but at the end of the day I can't agree. There's a reason everyone has them....

because they're good.

Like I said earlier, android os is tons more flexible but for the vast majority iOS is the superior operating system.

Well all I can say is I doubt you know the pulling power of an iphone seems as you're so anti-apple :2euk48l::2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    Well that's fair enough, i respect your opinion but at the end of the day I can't agree. There's a reason everyone has them....

because they're good.

Like I said earlier, android os is tons more flexible but for the vast majority iOS is the superior operating system.

Well all I can say is I doubt you know the pulling power of an iphone seems as you're so anti-apple :2euk48l::2euk48l:
    You say that they are popular because they are good. Why did everyone have Blackberries 2 and 3 years ago??? Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You say that they are popular because they are good. Why did everyone have Blackberries 2 and 3 years ago??? Just curious.
    Blackberry's are awful, to that I agree. Little kiddies thinking bbm is the best thing since sliced bread. However I know my stuff when it comes to tech and quite frankly iOS is leaps and bounds ahead of android when it comes to your average user. It makes multi-tasking efficient and easy, everything is quick to access etc. Android is to the iphone what linux is to internet explorer simply put. :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:

because they're good.

"Everyone" seems an odd choice, given it's well established that more people have Android devices than iPhones.

I for one wouldn't claim that that's necessarily indicative of the quality of the OS (it's probably much more because the range of android devices are sold at a much broader range of prices), but it's quite incorrect to claim that iPhone is more popular than Android.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    "Everyone" seems an odd choice, given it's well established that more people have Android devices than iPhones.

I for one wouldn't claim that that's necessarily indicative of the quality of the OS (it's probably much more because the range of android devices are sold at a much broader range of prices), but it's quite incorrect to claim that iPhone is more popular than Android.
    I was responding to the other guy who said he didn't want an iphone due to 'conforming to the normal' or something like that. Have a read before you comment.

Although I agree, 'everyone' is factually incorrect. iPhones are indeed expensive and if they were competitively priced against android, I'm sure we would more likely be in a situation where 'everyone' has one.

ReputationRep:
    I was responding to the other guy who said he didn't want an iphone due to 'conforming to the normal' or something like that. Have a read before you comment.

Although I agree, 'everyone' is factually incorrect. iPhones are indeed expensive and if they were competitively priced against android, I'm sure we would more likely be in a situation where 'everyone' has one.
    Android takes many forms. It's less pretentious and ****y.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Android takes many forms. It's less pretentious and ****y.
    well lets agree to disagree. Looks like I'm not getting anywhere with you. Maybe one day you'll see my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Is that meant to be an insult? I take 'geek' as a compliment. :yep:
    who takes geek as a compliment?

besides, i see android devices (and OS) as the poor mans iphone.

JUUSTSAYYIINNGGG

ReputationRep:
    Literally making dupes for the purpose of posting in this thread it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbervonflubber)
    who takes geek as a compliment?

besides, i see android devices (and OS) as the poor mans iphone.

JUUSTSAYYIINNGGG
    Poor man's iphone that is actually out performing the iphone in many aspects lol

Who CARES what OS you like? Cos I don't. You act like we've never used iOS before. I know how to use one pretty much inside out thanks, unfortunately I prefer not to. I don't know why people enjoying Android are getting on your tits. Go make your own thread as this is a user's thread; you can sing iOS's praises as much as you like there.

And stop making multiple accounts. Loser lol (i think that language works in your circles )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Poor man's iphone that is actually out performing the iphone in many aspects lol

Who CARES what OS you like? Cos I don't. You act like we've never used iOS before. I know how to use one pretty much inside out thanks, unfortunately I prefer not to. I don't know why people enjoying Android are getting on your tits. Go make your own thread as this is a user's thread; you can sing iOS's praises as much as you like there.

And stop making multiple accounts. Loser lol (i think that language works in your circles )
    multiple accounts?????????????????????? wtf lol!

i use both mate, all i know is that i regret buying my android device. i've realise it is google increasing its monopoly throught its overrated reputation and lack of deliverance technologically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbervonflubber)
    ...overrated reputation and lack of deliverance technologically
    :rolleyes:

I think you're talking about the wrong company...

(Original post by Repressor)
    :rolleyes:

I think you're talking about the wrong company...
    :giggle:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.