Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Welcome!

Fraid I can't help you there dude. You're looking at around £300 for an Android phone on PAYG at the moment. I'm not aware of a budget Android phone yet... but I'd guess they'll come sooner rather than later.

Cheapest I know of (new) will be the HTC Tattoo.
    Thanks ohh 300 pounds:eek: might have to consider a contract for that then.

How about the t-mobile pulse does that fall into the category of android phones or not ? isit any good ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    Thanks ohh 300 pounds:eek: might have to consider a contract for that then.

How about the t-mobile pulse does that fall into the category of android phones or not ? isit any good ?
    T-Mob Pulse runs Android, so yes it is an Android phone

It also costs £180 on PAYG I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    T-Mob Pulse runs Android, so yes it is an Android phone

It also costs £180 on PAYG I think.
    http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...es/allowances/

Well I have found it for £137, but according to the reviews its a complete disaster for long calls and the quality is rubbish as well, might have to consider one of the other phones on contract :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...es/allowances/

Well I have found it for £137, but according to the reviews its a complete disaster for long calls and the quality is rubbish as well, might have to consider one of the other phones on contract :confused:
    Call quality and being a "phone" generally is no something that any smartphone is good at doing.

They are more centred around being an all rounder than a good conventional phone..

I can vouch for the HTC Hero and I know the MILESTONE is good. But I would steer clear of the Tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Call quality and being a "phone" generally is no something that any smartphone is good at doing.

They are more centred around being an all rounder than a good conventional phone..

I can vouch for the HTC Hero and I know the MILESTONE is good. But I would steer clear of the Tattoo.
    Yeah the G2 sounds like a good deal, I like the phone too just hope its not to big.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...h/price-plans/

The combi 35 mega deal seems like a good deal

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the G2 sounds like a good deal, I like the phone too just hope its not to big.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...h/price-plans/

The combi 35 mega deal seems like a good deal
    Definiately a good deal for the Hero.

You will not be disappointed with the phone. But over the next 24 months Android phones are gonna get alot better in terms of specs. HTCs have the best software though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know then the 2.0 firmware version is out for Android ? I think Flash will be released on that version of Android OS.

ReputationRep:
    im going to buy a htc hero , but , are t-mobile any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Anyone know then the 2.0 firmware version is out for Android ? I think Flash will be released on that version of Android OS.
    2.1 is out. It does not contain full flash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kooljoe128)
    im going to buy a htc hero , but , are t-mobile any good?
    I think at the moment they are probably the best that give you good value for your money, i.e you get loads of minutes, unlimited texts and internet, none of the others can match their deals. Their service used to be quite appaling a few years back but now they are giving quite a lot of decent deals with decent packages.

But bear in mind they can be quite horrible as well so make sure your finances are sorted before you get into a 18 month contract not just t-mob but with any network provider.

I myself personally would love to get a HTC but I might just go for a solo sim instead as it gives me the option to cancel it any time I like, but then again I dont get a phone.

I am sure somebody on here must be with t-mob and they will be able to tell you more of their service etc,

ReputationRep:
    I think at the moment they are probably the best that give you good value for your money, i.e you get loads of minutes, unlimited texts and internet, none of the others can match their deals. Their service used to be quite appaling a few years back but now they are giving quite a lot of decent deals with decent packages.

But bear in mind they can be quite horrible as well so make sure your finances are sorted before you get into a 18 month contract not just t-mob but with any network provider.

I myself personally would love to get a HTC but I might just go for a solo sim instead as it gives me the option to cancel it any time I like, but then again I dont get a phone.

I am sure somebody on here must be with t-mob and they will be able to tell you more of their service etc,
    alot of my mates ended up telling me there service is pants, i ended up with a better deal with orange though suprisingly, even though its 24 months, which will probably be a hassle here by wednesday the man said

ReputationRep:
    alot of my mates ended up telling me there service is pants, i ended up with a better deal with orange though suprisingly, even though its 24 months, which will probably be a hassle here by wednesday the man said
    So what deal have you got with them ? In terms of minutes, texts and internet.

ReputationRep:
    So what deal have you got with them ? In terms of minutes, texts and internet.
    i think it was 800 minutes and unlimited texts, unlimited internet, free phone

ReputationRep:
    i think it was 800 minutes and unlimited texts, unlimited internet, free phone
    For how much? I got 900/unlimited/500MB internet for £25 (+ bloody VAT!) with orange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    For how much? I got 900/unlimited/500MB internet for £25 (+ bloody VAT!) with orange

like 24.87 or something :P basically 25 . I hope that was including VAT, he didnt say it wasnt, and he was alright to talk to.

is unlimited data the same as the 500MB ? and is the 500MB a limit , or just like a fair usage guideline?

ReputationRep:
    I think 500MB is just that, 500MB. The fair usage is normally ~1GB on cheapest unlimited plans.

I'm sososososo tempted to get the Milestone :/

ReputationRep:
    I got 700 mins/unlimited texts/2GB Internet for 21.50 a month

Nice to join you fellow Android users.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    I think 500MB is just that, 500MB. The fair usage is normally ~1GB on cheapest unlimited plans.

I'm sososososo tempted to get the Milestone :/
    Do it! Looks :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamz0770)
    I got 700 mins/unlimited texts/2GB Internet for 21.50 a month

Nice to join you fellow Android users.
    Thats quite good and who are you with and how long is the contract ?

ReputationRep:
    Thats quite good and who are you with and how long is the contract ?
    T-Mobile and 24 months

Aw well I have a few friends on T-Mobile and they say its got alot better in recent times and I don't pay the contract so 24 months doesnt bother me too much.

In preperation I have a case, screen protectors and micro SD card but looking for apps is hard work. The marketplace is so unorginized?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.