Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    when will ice cream sandwich be released for the sensation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craig_huggins)
    when will ice cream sandwich be released for the sensation?
    End of March.

ReputationRep:
    I am right to believe for the SGS2 it will be beginning of March?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqBAfMwCAc

ReputationRep:
    ^ seen it last week. CM want to have it as standard in their tablet builds apparently.

My HD2's screen appears to be working again :indiff:

It won't last, I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Already a CM based build of ICS with Cornerstone integrated out for the Touchpad and the Nook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Already a CM based build of ICS with Cornerstone integrated out for the Touchpad and the Nook.
    Anygood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Anygood?
    No idea, not used it, I'm still using gingerbread until there is a tweak to get the status/menu bar at the top instead of the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    No idea, not used it, I'm still using gingerbread until there is a tweak to get the status/menu bar at the top instead of the bottom.
    Why would you want that? Would it not be really awkward to use then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Why would you want that? Would it not be really awkward to use then?
    No, I find it unusable at the bottom. I only use my touchpad in bed or at a desk, which means I hold it at the top to support it, so having the buttons and notifications at the top is way easier. If I have to let go of the top to touch buttons at the bottom then it will fall over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    So does that mean you can only register two devices or that streaming is limited to two devices at once? I've got Netflix on several devices but streaming is limited to two devices simultaneously.

I wish the PS3 had Sky Go.
    Only have two devices registered at the same time. Can only change that once per month. :facepalm: Used to be different - you could change at will, which was great if a mate came over and you wanted to watch something as a one off...

Surpised Ps3 doesn't have it - until now, I'd have said it's by far the best media device of all the consoles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Only have two devices registered at the same time. Can only change that once per month. :facepalm: Used to be different - you could change at will, which was great if a mate came over and you wanted to watch something as a one off...

Surpised Ps3 doesn't have it - until now, I'd have said it's by far the best media device of all the consoles.
    To be fair, if they let you change at will that is practically the same as allowing unlimited devices (is this a bad thing?), a month seems extreme.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tface)
    To be fair, if they let you change at will that is practically the same as allowing unlimited devices (is this a bad thing?), a month seems extreme.
    Not really, because you can still only have one (or two) at the same time. The VPN service I use has that kind of rule - up to two simultaneous devices, but no restriction on which devices these are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

That's poor. If Netflix can do it, I'm sure Microsoft can.
    Agree, the PS3 is an awesome media device. It's a bargain for what it does.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i had my phone (htc wildfire s) for over a month and i still dont know how to import music (without paying). I have tried linking to the computer via USB, ripping and burning CD's onto the computer. Can someone help me please?? I tried making a new thread but no one has replied yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhogs001)
    Hey, i had my phone (htc wildfire s) for over a month and i still dont know how to import music (without paying). I have tried linking to the computer via USB, ripping and burning CD's onto the computer. Can someone help me please?? I tried making a new thread but no one has replied yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Just drag and drop files when you're connected to a computer..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Just drag and drop files when you're connected to a computer..
    I have tried that but it still doesnt work... I will try now again and tell you of the outcome....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Trying to update my S2 to 2.3.5, but Kies is saying that I have the latest firmware (even though my phone says it's 2.3.4). What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhogs001)
    I have tried that but it still doesnt work... I will try now again and tell you of the outcome....
    Are you copying to sdcard\music? Try PowerAMP if you want to test, that'll read everything no matter where it is.

ReputationRep:
    My CM7.1 has been doing an incredibly annoying thing with data. When you switch off WiFi, and it automatically switches to data, the 3g does not work.

Same problem when you switch off all network connections, and then switch data back on, 3g doesnt work. I have to reboot the phone.

Incredibly annoying. And I really cant be bothered to backup all my apps/data, then reflash the ROM. Any suggestions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.