Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

(Original post by silent ninja)
    http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-go/?r...efererIs=skyid

The neg reviews on the Marketplace are funny. It says in the description which devices are compatible.
    I've seen that happen before! :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sky-go/?r...efererIs=skyid

The neg reviews on the Marketplace are funny. It says in the description which devices are compatible.
    It annoys me that it won't run on my Desire S due to having a custom ICS ROM. *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    It annoys me that it won't run on my Desire S due to having a custom ICS ROM. *******s.
    Lol yeah. *******s @ the two device limit too. You should be able to play your content everywhere -- we own lots of media enabled devices!

I hear there's something on XDA to get around the fact it doesnt work rooted phones?

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah. *******s @ the two device limit too. You should be able to play your content everywhere -- we own lots of media enabled devices!

I hear there's something on XDA to get around the fact it doesnt work rooted phones?
    Yeah I understand the 2 at a time limit with things like Netflix but 2 at a time and one change per month maximum is a bit much. Plenty of people have sky downstairs, an xbox in their room and a phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Honestly guys, just sit tight and wait for ICS :nothing:
    Any news on when ICS will be out for the Galaxy SII?

They're taking their sweet arse time about it

Also, would you recommend rooting and installing a custom ROM like Cyanogen Mod for my SII? I'm really looking to make using my Galaxy a lot more responsive like an iPhone, I'm currently using Go Launcher, but both Go Launcher and Touchwiz feel sluggish and somewhat unresponsive :/ But then maybe I'm just complaining about a feature that Android doesn't provide...

(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

Also, would you recommend rooting and installing a custom ROM like Cyanogen Mod for my SII? I'm really looking to make using my Galaxy a lot more responsive like an iPhone, I'm currently using Go Launcher, but both Go Launcher and Touchwiz feel sluggish and somewhat unresponsive :/ But then maybe I'm just complaining about a feature that Android doesn't provide...
    Sometime this quarter I think.

Tbf they're not taking that long considering the track records of some other manufacturers in the past.

I'd say CM7 would offer minimal improvements. When there's a good version of CM9 available I'd certainly use it. ICS gave new life to my HD2, much better/smoother/sexier than CM7.

(Original post by G8D)
    ICS gave new life to my HD2
    Is it still working?

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Is it still working?
    Yeah. I'm not using it at all but I've got it set up to turn the screen on with volume buttons and am using Button Saviour to move about the UI.

If I use the bottom row of buttons the screen risk dying again. It's a shame because it's so much better than the San Fran :sad:

(Original post by G8D)
    If I use the bottom row of buttons the screen risk dying again. It's a shame because it's so much better than the San Fran :sad:
    :/

Whoa really? I'd have thought they'd be pretty similar. Is it the screen that makes it better or what?

(Original post by + polarity -)
    :/

Whoa really? I'd have thought they'd be pretty similar. Is it the screen that makes it better or what?
    It's faster. Plus the screen size is massively beneficial to me. Sausage fingers :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

Believe it's 1 March for ICS but don't hold your breath. The networks will customise it (=delay) before rolling out. I'd say sometime Q2.

ReputationRep:
    Got a slight problem. I've recently changed from Touchwiz to Go Launcher. I replaced the text message icon at the bottom with the the stock text message app, but for some reason when I get a text there is no notifaction on it. Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Got a slight problem. I've recently changed from Touchwiz to Go Launcher. I replaced the text message icon at the bottom with the the stock text message app, but for some reason when I get a text there is no notifaction on it. Can anyone help?
    And you have 'GO Launcher EX Notification' installed and enabled (Preferences > Advanced Settings > GO Launcher EX Notification > Tick all that apply)?

ReputationRep:
    I have what I think could be a very stupid question...

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. A few days ago it was acting very strangely - kept saying it was plugged into the USB when it was and vibrating at strange times. Then at one point, this screen appeared. I've never seen it before and I haven't been able to find it to get it to appear again - anyone have any ideas of what it might be?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolh5000)
    I have what I think could be a very stupid question...

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. A few days ago it was acting very strangely - kept saying it was plugged into the USB when it was and vibrating at strange times. Then at one point, this screen appeared. I've never seen it before and I haven't been able to find it to get it to appear again - anyone have any ideas of what it might be?
    It's the Desk Clock available in the Clock application. At the top where it says 'Alarm', 'World clock', 'Stopwatch' and 'Timer', slide to the right and press 'Desk clock'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    It's the Desk Clock available in the Clock application. At the top where it says 'Alarm', 'World clock', 'Stopwatch' and 'Timer', slide to the right and press 'Desk clock'.
    Brilliant - thank you! I knew it would be something obvious, I just couldn't figure out what!

ReputationRep:
    Trying out Zeam. 'tis nice, but I miss scrollable widgets :/

ReputationRep:
    Need some help with poweramp if anybody has it:

I have all my music organised into folders by artist then album. A lot of my songs come up as unknown on poweramp, I seem to have to change each song individually. Is there some way I can select all songs in one folder and change the artist/album for all of them?

ReputationRep:
    what's all this news about htc revealing something today? ice cream sandwich 4.0 for some htc phones?

ReputationRep:
    Also, wondering about Wolfram Alpha. The website allows you to input equations using a camera, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it on the android app. Anyone know if it's coming soon or anything?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.