Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    It's a leap year this year
    lol I totally forgot. I remember back on New Year's Eve I reminded everyone, "You do know it's a leap year right???" And now here I am not having a clue! My neighbour was born on 29 Feb, that makes her an 8 year old grown woman.

(Original post by hassi94)
    Yeah I was excited too but it's been so long I forget why. It seemed quite disappointing to me. My phone's unbranded too but I thought I'd just go for it.

I've now found CyanogenMod 9 for my SII and it works great - feels a lot 'newer' than ICS on its own did, and has many more improvements + rooted. I'm happy now
    You've put a dampener on things lol
    So far I've not rooted it. The only reason I rooted my older phones was to make them faster via custom ROMs. But I haven't experienced a hint of slowdown on stock so I haven't bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    So far I've not rooted it. The only reason I rooted my older phones was to make them faster via custom ROMs. But I haven't experienced a hint of slowdown on stock so I haven't bothered.
    Yeah same, I may root to get JellyBean next year or so but at the moment I'm happy keeping everything as it is with everything just working.

ReputationRep:
    Preorders already up for the HTC One X. Not a bad deal for the latest handset: http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/htc-on...phones-1154717

ReputationRep:
    I rang fonecare and canceled the agreement immediately the phone arrived.
    Where did you get fonecare's number?

I've ordered a mobile from affordablemobiles.co.uk and they add this insurance automatically. I want to get it cancelled as soon as I get my phone, but I just can't find a number I can call them on. In their T&C's it says to just cancel the direct debit but I don't want to risk messing up my credit history/rating.

TIA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el pollo diablo)

I've ordered a mobile from affordablemobiles.co.uk and they add this insurance automatically. I want to get it cancelled as soon as I get my phone, but I just can't find a number I can call them on. In their T&C's it says to just cancel the direct debit but I don't want to risk messing up my credit history/rating.

TIA!
    Their telephone number was on the Fonecare PDF on Affordable Mobile's site but it looks to have been removed. You can try this number: 08454753175 but keep an eye on your bank account as they seem to have a rep of reinstating the DD. Note the name, date and time of anyone you speak to.

ReputationRep:

TIA!
    http://www.fonesure.com/contactus.html

They were very polite and helpful about it, cancelling the insurance policy instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Their telephone number was on the Fonecare PDF on Affordable Mobile's site but it looks to have been removed. You can try this number: 08454753175 but keep an eye on your bank account as they seem to have a rep of reinstating the DD. Note the name, date and time of anyone you speak to.
    Yikes. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    http://www.fonesure.com/contactus.html

They were very polite and helpful about it, cancelling the insurance policy instantly.
    I think fonecare may be a different company with an unfortunately similar name! Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be interesting to see what The Galaxy s3 is like. Upto now the Galaxy's have been simiular sec to the top flagship HTC

ReputationRep:
    I really want the onex but I also can't get it on a long contract because I'm 99% going to be in Norway for a year come September.
    Also I may need a new laptop (Air or hires Transformer Prime I reckon) soon.

DECISIONS.

ReputationRep:
    I think fonecare may be a different company with an unfortunately similar name! Thanks anyway.
    Oh woops sorry. On affordable mobiles mine came with fonesure - didn't really pay attention. Sorry about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I really want the onex but I also can't get it on a long contract because I'm 99% going to be in Norway for a year come September.

DECISIONS.
    You going there for that nani?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

DECISIONS.
    Transformer Infinity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Transformer Infinity
    It's got 3G :zomg:

They lied :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Phone, Pad, Notebook. Stylus headset.

TAKE MY MONEY.

EDIT: the stylus headset is a but weird looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Phone, Pad, Notebook. Stylus headset.

TAKE MY MONEY.

EDIT: the stylus headset is a but weird looking.
    :sexface:

Do want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :sexface:

Do want.
    Issue: forward compatibility.

ReputationRep:
    What's better? Tegra 3 or S4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What's better? Tegra 3 or S4?
    Very good question, S4 pro Is Going To have an updated gpu as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Is it me, or just Go Launcher run alot smoother then Touch Wiz?
    It does, but then I wish Go Launcher would allow me to take off some of their animations to make it run even smoother/faster. The 'default' setting for the animation of the app draw is a somewhat slow fade in effect, which just seems annoyingly sluggish despite the fact that Launcher Pro has an instant pull up of the app drawer

Still love the features that Go Launcher has though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.