Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I really want the onex but I also can't get it on a long contract because I'm 99% going to be in Norway for a year come September.
    Also I may need a new laptop (Air or hires Transformer Prime I reckon) soon.

DECISIONS.
    Deeeefinately wait for the Galaxy SIII before committing yourself to the HTC One-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Deeeefinately wait for the Galaxy SIII before committing yourself to the HTC One-x
    I can't imagine it exceeding the HTC by any great amount tbh and I prefer HTC aesthetics (hard and soft).

Besides it's not out until April so I really have no choice in waiting for Samsung assuming they are announcing soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I can't imagine it exceeding the HTC by any great amount tbh and I prefer HTC aesthetics (hard and soft).
    I get what you mean. It depends on whether Samsung have a desire to return to a 'premium feeling' handset like they did with the original S, or whether they're going to push again for the 'thinnest smartphone title' (which I can't see them doing since the S2 was razor thin anyhow). That said, I really do see the S3 becoming the flagship Android phone being that they're announcing it at a separate event.

ReputationRep:
    I think the One X is actually this year going to be a very good competitor to the SIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I think the One X is actually this year going to be a very good competitor to the SIII
    Yeah, I'm not sure what they can do to one-up the specs unless they had prior knowledge of the S4 Pro...

ReputationRep:
    CyanogenMod 9 for Galaxy SII is now on nightly builds for those who are interested

ReputationRep:
    It does, but then I wish Go Launcher would allow me to take off some of their animations to make it run even smoother/faster. The 'default' setting for the animation of the app draw is a somewhat slow fade in effect, which just seems annoyingly sluggish despite the fact that Launcher Pro has an instant pull up of the app drawer

Still love the features that Go Launcher has though.
    Can't say i've ever noticed that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the big fuss HTC makes about 25GB Dropbox.. I got 50GB free from Box.com just for installing the Android app...

Also: can anyone tell me exactly what processor is in the onex? I'm seeing Tegra 3 and S4 in different places so I can't tell.

EDIT: is is just the LTE one that goes with S4? http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4572

EDIT2: Is S4 dual or quad core ffs? :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    The dropbox functionality doesn't detract from the fixes onboard storage. It makes no sense to shoot about 25gb online storage as though it is somehow part of the phone. No 3g = no access. It's only a bonus feature.

I don't know how good dropbox is but I imagine it's similar to box.net-- that is, very SLOW. There is also 100mb file size limit so you can't store videos. Online storage has a long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I don't get the big fuss HTC makes about 25GB Dropbox.. I got 50GB free from Box.com just for installing the Android app...

Also: can anyone tell me exactly what processor is in the onex? I'm seeing Tegra 3 and S4 in different places so I can't tell.

EDIT: is is just the LTE one that goes with S4? http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4572

I think the S4 is dual core.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    I think the S4 is dual core.
    I thought so too but... http://youtu.be/s9hQD6ddhDw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

I remember seeing 50gb free from box.com but I remember it being very limited? Like that 50gb was for photos only or something?

Also anyone who's in support of Android Open Source Project, please sign this petition from the CyanogenMod team over at XDA:

http://www.change.org/petitions/sams...chased-devices

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I thought so too but... http://youtu.be/s9hQD6ddhDw
    Upon further investigation, it seems that S4 is a group of chips: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...specifications

If you scroll down to S4 there are a number of variants, with the "krait" being a quad core model.

ReputationRep:
    http://direct.asda.com/HTC-Evo-3D-An...fault,pd.html?

Great deal for a great phone if anyone's interested (as long as you'e not itching to get one of the next line of phones i.e. quad cores).

ReputationRep:
    Awesome price for a solid phone. 3D sucks but I assume you can switch that off.

Where's the S2 Ice Cream update? I hear it's been skinned so much that it doesn't feel like an upgrade at all. Booo to Touchwiz! I want the official Samsung ROM minus the Touchwiz, which I presume should be arriving some day...?

ReputationRep:
    Man, I paid like £200 for my HD2 and now it would get me that?

Gonna hole up with my San Fran and assess whether I can justify the X later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Where's the S2 Ice Cream update? I hear it's been skinned so much that it doesn't feel like an upgrade at all. Booo to Touchwiz! I want the official Samsung ROM minus the Touchwiz, which I presume should be arriving some day...?
    March 15th apparently (according to Samsung Israel ).

Also Temple Run on March 27th woo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Once they release the sources it should be a matter of a week or two before CM9 is good enough to use as a daily ROM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Once they release the sources it should be a matter of a week or two before CM9 is good enough to use as a daily ROM.
    Which brings me to my earlier post:

(Original post by hassi94)
    Also anyone who's in support of Android Open Source Project, please sign this petition from the CyanogenMod team over at XDA:

http://www.change.org/petitions/sams...chased-devices

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had enough money to start a company that makes mobiles phones. I'd get Cyanogen to build the OS and it'd be the best phone ever. Unlocked bootloader. Root out the box, always up to date OS, nightly builds for the real geeks out there and as much customisation as you could shake a stick at. Whack Gapps, Beautiful Widgets and Android Pro Widgets on there as a bonus and the geek tech world would be a beautiful place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.