Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got a problem with Google Play/Android Market. Yesterday The Market updating to Google Play, no problems until today. I went yo go into Google Play and it wouldn't let me go on keep saying 'Cant access this app, restart Go Launcher." I did that, but its reset the market back to the market and when I go on it just sends me to a web page with T&C's, but let me accept them. Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Got a problem with Google Play/Android Market. Yesterday The Market updating to Google Play, no problems until today. I went yo go into Google Play and it wouldn't let me go on keep saying 'Cant access this app, restart Go Launcher." I did that, but its reset the market back to the market and when I go on it just sends me to a web page with T&C's, but let me accept them. Anyone got any ideas?
    I had this yesterday, just go into settings>applications>manage>all >market> clear all data and uninstall all updates. You'll probably end up on the old-old market, then wait a bit and it'll eventually update...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Is there any way I can have my phone on silent except for one number, which would be on ringtone and vibrate?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried the Sense ROM on the Nexus S??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Is there any way I can have my phone on silent except for one number, which would be on ringtone and vibrate?
    SemiSilent
    My VIP Calls
    Auto Ring

ReputationRep:
    Apple products/iOS is such a rip off! Your paying so much for so less.
    E.g.
    -You can't remove the battery simply from a iPhone? WTF?
    -No fileshare bluetooth? WTF?
    -No memory card slot...
    -Really expensive
    -No Flash support
    -Really limited - no real multitasking, no task manager, widgets etc
    -Too attached to itunes

It's too controlled by Apple and there's no freedom tbh.
    Thats why i prefer android/windows or any other.
    Apple products are ****!

ReputationRep:
    The best internet browser I've found for android is Opera, I use it on my phone and on my laptop because it's really fast - especially compared to the pre-installed android browser which is really slow and doesn't have a tab function!

Thought I'd just share that haha.

I've been using Dolphin since I got my phone, as well as Dolphin Mini for private browsing :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    I've only used Dolphin Mini for a long time. It's nippy.

I did really like the stock ICS browser but alas Gingerbread.

(Original post by G8D)
    I did really like the stock ICS browser...
    What was it like? Could you actually exit it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I've been using Dolphin since I got my phone, as well as Dolphin Mini for private browsing :innocent:
    To buy gifts for loved ones in case uhh...they borrow your phone and stumble upon your browsing history hidden behind those various menus, right?

Dolphin HD has never let me down. It feels like Firefox, which is a good thing I think.

(Original post by silent ninja)
    To buy gifts for loved ones in case uhh...they borrow your phone and stumble upon your browsing history hidden behind those various menus, right?

Dolphin HD has never let me down. It feels like Firefox, which is a good thing I think.
    Yeah my sister's always trying to get on my phone ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09042850)
    Apple products/iOS is such a rip off! Your paying so much for so less.
    E.g.
    -You can't remove the battery simply from a iPhone? WTF?
    -No fileshare bluetooth? WTF?
    -No memory card slot...
    -Really expensive
    -No Flash support
    -Really limited - no real multitasking, no task manager, widgets etc
    -Too attached to itunes

It's too controlled by Apple and there's no freedom tbh.
    Thats why i prefer android/windows or any other.
    Apple products are ****!
    Those are all negatives in my book but most people aren't aware of the limitations or don't care. Anyway, the only thing I dislike is the double standards. If phones other than an iPhone lack these features they inevitably get marked down and criticised but Apple is given a free pass. Look at the recent HTC or Nexus phones with irremovable battery and no memory card slot.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried any magic apps???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Yeah my sister's always trying to get on my phone ffs
    Ha I hate giving anyone my phone even if it's just to watch a quick video. They might rummage through my texts :ninja: there's gotta be a new social convention about that! It ain't okay to snoop on someone's PC but it is 'kinda' ok to do it on their phone?

I don't know how I lived without pattern lock.

Ha I hate giving anyone my phone even if it's just to watch a quick video. They might rummage through my texts :ninja: there's gotta be a new social convention about that!

Yeah, I'm always cautious about that, thankfully no-one wants to go on my phone

I used to have pattern lock on just Handcent SMS but it made the app really strange, so now I have one on the normal lockscreen and everything's great :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Ha I hate giving anyone my phone even if it's just to watch a quick video. They might rummage through my texts :ninja: there's gotta be a new social convention about that! It ain't okay to snoop on someone's PC but it is 'kinda' ok to do it on their phone?

Just download App Lock from Google Play. Then you can put a code whatever apps you want including messages and FB

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to get myself a HTC One X, pretty good phone

ReputationRep:
    i have had SGS2 for about 5 months now and gettin to love it after being a loyal apple fan for years...anyone know of any custom roms though to increase battery life and how to get that rom on the phone??

ReputationRep:
    According to Engadget, the SGS2 will get ICS on Saturday. But they think it won't have Flash or Bluetooth 3.0 support. Add the fact it won't look any different to the current stock ROM due to Touchwiz, is there any point in updating? What are the benefits?
    I think them saying it won't have flash was old information. Adobe have released an ICS update for flash. Multitasking, battery life and some other stuff too.

Meh personally I'm on Cyanogenmod 9 nightlies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.