Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh and my favourite browser that works (no Chrome on CM9 at the moment it seems) is the default ICS one - it's a massive improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    i have had SGS2 for about 5 months now and gettin to love it after being a loyal apple fan for years...anyone know of any custom roms though to increase battery life and how to get that rom on the phone??
    ICS should be out officially this month. Beyond that there's loads of sites dedicated to rooting and flashing. XDA forums is pretty popular.
    I've rooted a San Fran and my Toichpad using idiot guides and YouTube vids. I don't know what I'm doing in all honesty lol but I haven't rooted my SGS2 though.

(Original post by hassi94)
    I think them saying it won't have flash was old information. Adobe have released an ICS update for flash. Multitasking, battery life and some other stuff too.

Meh personally I'm on Cyanogenmod 9 nightlies
    Sounds good!
    My other reason for not rooting is that Sky Go won't work. Good to hear flash is coming. I still think it's necessary. Nova launcher looks cool so I'm sold.

Had to reboot my phone after 918 hours :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    ICS should be out officially this month. Beyond that there's loads of sites dedicated to rooting and flashing. XDA forums is pretty popular.
    I've rooted a San Fran and my Toichpad using idiot guides and YouTube vids. I don't know what I'm doing in all honesty lol but I haven't rooted my SGS2 though.
    is ICS gonna improve battery life and just the general fastness or am i better off flashing a custom ROM like CheckROM?

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 in May for my birthday; I can't wait! :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    is ICS gonna improve battery life and just the general fastness or am i better off flashing a custom ROM like CheckROM?
    I don't think it will be much faster as it's quite a fast phone but it's hard to tell as there is no official Samsung (optimised) ROM out there. ICS has better multitasking and it will be more future proof so I guess that's reason enough to upgrade? I'd love a battery improvement. It's very average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I don't think it will be much faster as it's quite a fast phone but it's hard to tell as there is no official Samsung (optimised) ROM out there. ICS has better multitasking and it will be more future proof so I guess that's reason enough to upgrade? I'd love a battery improvement. It's very average.
    i know the battery life is the only thing i'm annoyed about...barely lasts me a day without charge

ReputationRep:
    p.s. it seems variable but the last cm9 nightly's battery life is twice as good as stock rom for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Had to reboot my phone after 918 hours :emo:
    I think the longest I've lasted was about 750 hours.

(Original post by mevidek)
    I'll probably be getting a Samsung Galaxy S2 in May for my birthday; I can't wait! :party:
    The S3 may be out by then

(Original post by hassi94)
    Oh and my favourite browser that works (no Chrome on CM9 at the moment it seems) is the default ICS one - it's a massive improvement.
    Agreed, ICS stock browser is really quite good

(Original post by wizard710)
    :tong:

ReputationRep:

The S3 may be out by then

Agreed, ICS stock browser is really quite good
    I still want the S2 as it'll probably be cheaper
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm due for an upgrade in two or three weeks to replace my Desire. What would you lot go for if you were me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I'm due for an upgrade in two or three weeks to replace my Desire. What would you lot go for if you were me?
    I'd move to a rolling contract for a few months and wait for the OneX or Galaxy S3.

This is assuming you want to best/"future-proof".

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Desire S ics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    One X or wait for the S3 or S2 plus
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'd move to a rolling contract for a few months and wait for the OneX or Galaxy S3.

This is assuming you want to best/"future-proof".

One X or wait for the S3 or S2 plus
    Hmm, thanks for the advice, guys. That One X does look good.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find that dolphin hd just randomly closes, going Back to the home screen taking all my tabs with it. No hang or fc message just quits. It's starting to do my head in.

I think it happens if you have loads of heavy tabs open and you run out of RAM. I can't remember the last time it happened with HD, but it happens with Mini sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Any SGS2 users in the UK updated to ICS today? Samsung has began rolling it out in Europe and other parts of the world. I can't get to Kies on my PC atm.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find that dolphin hd just randomly closes, going Back to the home screen taking all my tabs with it. No hang or fc message just quits. It's starting to do my head in.
    Yeah, it tends to happen when I use Flash-intensive websites or immediately after I load it and it reopens all of my tabs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.