Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Any SGS2 users in the UK updated to ICS today? Samsung has began rolling it out in Europe and other parts of the world. I can't get to Lies on my PC atm.
    Nothing on O2 yet. I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of debranding right now. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we get it here next week on the 19th. Booo! Got my hopes up.

Mine is unbranded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Yeah, it tends to happen when I use Flash-intensive websites or immediately after I load it and it reopens all of my tabs.
    Yeah, I think that may be the case

ReputationRep:
    ATM I've got Galaxy s 2. But I'm of selling it and buying the Evo3D. What do people think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    ATM I've got Galaxy s 2. But I'm of selling it and buying the Evo3D. What do people think?
    Isn't that a downgrade..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Isn't that a downgrade..?
    Don't think so, Both have same size screen, processor power and RAM. GS2 has 8MP camara and the E3D has two 5MP camara's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Don't think so, Both have same size screen, processor power and RAM. GS2 has 8MP camara and the E3D has two 5MP camara's.
    The processor speed may be the same but afaik Sammy processor >>>>>> old Qualcomms.

ReputationRep:
    Besides Sense it won't feel much different. Why the move sideways? Save up get the next gen coming up.

ReputationRep:
    Any recommendations for S2 cases?

ReputationRep:
    Video of the SGSII ICS update. I'm glad they got rid of the blue status bar icons, as blue + SAMOLED = burn-in. It seems a bit faster. The new Task Manager looks very good. The UI generally seems better. Ooh... a restart option when holding down the power button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Ooh... a restart option when holding down the power button.
    :lolwut:

That wasn't there before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Not on mine, but I'm still on Gingerbread 2.3.3. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

It is on custom ROMS but not on stock, we'll at least wasn't on my hero and s2 stocks

ReputationRep:
    It's been so long since I used a stock ROM I can't remember if it was there or not. Pretty sure it was on Desire S....

ReputationRep:
    Question about Orange... do you get a year warranty with their phones?

The speaker on my San Fran has become **** and I think it's broken. I'm going to revert to stock at weekend to see if it fixes anything but I doubt it.

The touch screen is also pretty bad compared to my dad's.

ReputationRep:
    Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy SII!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17352795

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobi...r-galaxy-s-ii/

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...pics-50007318/

ReputationRep:
    Yep, found out late last night. Roll on the 19th, although I'm reluctant because there's no Flash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Yep, found out late last night. Roll on the 19th, although I'm reluctant because there's no Flash.
    I thought Adobe had released an updated version with ICS support?

I thought Adobe had stopped developing Flash for Android?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakefish)
    I thought Adobe had released an updated version with ICS support?
    I read this back in December, but have any users actually got flash working on non-rooted ICS devices?

Looks like Sky Go doesn't work on ICS either. I think I'll pass on ICS for now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.