Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else hooked on this game "Defender"?

I've gotten pretty far on it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Anyone else hooked on this game "Defender"?

I've gotten pretty far on it...
    Played it a bit, but I prefer my defense games to be more like Nexus Defense.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...

The gf has a samsung Galaxy Ace on v2.3.5 and she can't get the keyboard to vibrate when using it.
    I've googled it and they all say to go to some "langauge & keyboard" setting that is not there...
    http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/ti...en-you-type-8/

ou can see the people in the comments section are equally as lost as mee/her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Hey guys...

The gf has a samsung Galaxy Ace on v2.3.5 and she can't get the keyboard to vibrate when using it.
    I've googled it and they all say to go to some "langauge & keyboard" setting that is not there...
    http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/ti...en-you-type-8/

ou can see the people in the comments section are equally as lost as mee/her...
    I've got a Galaxy S II on v2.3.3 so the settings may be slightly different, but:

Menu > Settings > Sound > Ensure 'Haptic feedback' is ticked and the 'Vibration intensity' is turned up. That seems to toggle the vibration on and off on my keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having problem connecting with Kies, it says that I cannot connect in this mode (pc suite)

I've tried just connecting it and in file transfer mode. It's a samsung S2 and running litening rom V1.5. Reading these posts about ICS makes me want to check if I can get it

EDIT: problem fixed, damn USB de-bugging mode

EDIT 2: One problem fixed but now got another, it now says my device does not support software upgrading via kies, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2593)
    I'm having problem connecting with Kies, it says that I cannot connect in this mode (pc suite)

I've tried just connecting it and in file transfer mode. It's a samsung S2 and running litening rom V1.5. Reading these posts about ICS makes me want to check if I can get it

EDIT 2: One problem fixed but now got another, it now says my device does not support software upgrading via kies, any advice?
    Just find an ICS ROM and flash it, it doesn't sound like you are using stock

ReputationRep:

It's because you're running a custom ROM. Either flash the official ICS ROM yourself or an official GB ROM THEN update through KIES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    How does this affect, if at all, CM9 for Galaxy Nexus? Will Samsung have to release the same thing for the GN before CM can be put on GN?
    Sorry for never replying to this until now, but it won't have any effect. As far as I knew, all the source files for the Nexus are already out. If CM9 isn't out on Nexus yet it's just due to the CM team wanting to focus on different phones (mostly the ones with a crap ICS experience I'd guess).

ReputationRep:
    My brother got this error with his SGS2 but he's not using a custom ROM. Bizarre. It's something to do with the drivers I think.

I connected mine to Kies and it says I have the latest firmware. So it looks like Samsung are slower than Three to roll out a firmware update. How is that even possible, it's their goddamn phone?! I'm on a stock and unbranded phone and no update (not that I want it mind you, I'll be waiting until Sky Go is ICS compatible, but it would be nice to know it's available).

ReputationRep:
    Kies is awful.

Bear in mind that Sky Go will not run on a rooted / custom ROM device.

ReputationRep:
    Samsung are useless. Three has already released their network-approved version of ICS and yet unlocked phones bought sim-free are still waiting on Samsung who seem reluctant to give us the update when we should in theory be the first. No excuses!

In theory, practice is the same as theory. In practice, it differs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know how Samsung allowed it to go ahead, they gave ICS to the network yet can't release it for unbranded phones.

ReputationRep:
    I posted this elsewhere regarding the SGS2 but may work on others:

Learnt another shortcut with stock (2.3.4 here) but may work on others. So most people know about HOME+POWER BUTTON takes a screenshot.

This one's a bit tricky at first but lets you quickly change the brightness.

Touch and hold the notification area of the screen (eg the time). The pulldown bar will momentarily appear and if you keep holding it will disappear. Now slide your finger left/right to adjust brightness.

My explanation sucks but it's fairly easy to do. I don't know if its an Android thing or Samsung specific.

I think it's quite handy and saves you going back to homescreen widgets to adjust brightness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Learnt another shortcut with stock (2.3.4 here) but may work on others. So most people know about HOME+POWER BUTTON takes a screenshot.

Touch and hold the notification area of the screen (eg the time). The pulldown bar will momentarily appear and if you keep holding it will disappear. Now slide your finger left/right to adjust brightness.

My explanation sucks but it's fairly easy to do. I don't know if its an Android thing or Samsung specific.

I think it's quite handy and saves you going back to homescreen widgets to adjust brightness.
    I found this a few weeks ago, blew my mind when I found it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I found this a few weeks ago, blew my mind when I found it
    Very cool! I wonder why it's hidden away like that.

That's on CM7 ROMs too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Figured both these out a couple weeks into owning my S2

Both these features are available on CM7/9 except screenshot is volume down and lock/power button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Figured both these out a couple weeks into owning my S2

Both these features are available on CM7/9 except screenshot is volume down and lock/power button.
    Only took me 4 months lol it's not the most obvious thing to spot.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me thats still running the old android market? Everyone else I know has this googleplay thing now

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.