Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In terms of technical specs, nu-uh.

Nexus is using Snapdragon @ 1GHZ, 512mb RAM.
    Hero is using a bog standard @ 528Mhz, 288mb RAM.

Nexus is also using Android 2.1 straight off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    In terms of technical specs, nu-uh.

Nexus is using Snapdragon @ 1GHZ, 512mb RAM.
    Hero is using a bog standard @ 528Mhz, 288mb RAM.

Nexus is also using Android 2.1 straight off.
    Source for Nexus? I didn't think it's specs had been {officially} released yet.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/04/nexus-one-review/

The nexus one is powered by a 1ghz snapdragon processor which is faster than the processor in the hero...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mprules)
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/04/nexus-one-review/

The nexus one is powered by a 1ghz snapdragon processor which is faster than the processor in the hero...
    So I am wrong!

Looks good.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my phone a while now and actually haven't got any apps yet, I got free internet so decided I want some apps. How the hell do you do it....is it on the market place thingy and do I need a G-mail account??? any help will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    I've had my phone a while now and actually haven't got any apps yet, I got free internet so decided I want some apps. How the hell do you do it....is it on the market place thingy and do I need a G-mail account??? any help will be much appreciated.
    Yes and yes.

Set up a Google account, link it to your phone, then hit the market.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried doing that and it hasn't done it, it said my sim may not be provisioned for data retrieval or something like that....I am on PAYG.

ReputationRep:
    My internet just seems to be being a ****, I'll get back to you once that Is actually connecting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    I've tried doing that and it hasn't done it, it said my sim may not be provisioned for data retrieval or something like that....I am on PAYG.
    Right, I had that too. The issue is that you didn't sync your phone with Google on initial setup. I'm afraid you're going to have to wipe your phone (reset to factory settings) and start all again. So far, I've not found a work around for it. Sorry dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    So I am wrong!

Looks good.
    Better than the Hero by much? Just wondering whether its worth waiting for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    Better than the Hero by much? Just wondering whether its worth waiting for it.
    Wait for the reviews to come out. Looks good so far! I love my Hero though, and even if it's not the most powerful or up-to-date, I'd still recommend it, if for nothing but the Sense UI.

ReputationRep:
    If only the Hero had that snapdragon processor and more RAM. Or an ARM cortex. The current processor just isn't able to handle Sense.

(Original post by Hasan)
    If only the Hero had that snapdragon processor and more RAM. Or an ARM cortex. The current processor just isn't able to handle Sense.
    It handles it well for me.
    Do you have the newest ROM from HTC?

ReputationRep:
    I've just ordered a Nexus One so i'll be able to post in this thread properly soon hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I've just ordered a Nexus One so i'll be able to post in this thread properly soon hopefully!
    Do you live in the US then. Seems like it will be vodafone for the Europe instead of the T-mobile. I might get one on PAYG if its around £350 look forward you your views on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    Do you live in the US then. Seems like it will be vodafone for the Europe instead of the T-mobile. I might get one on PAYG if its around £350 look forward you your views on it.
    I bought an unlocked one. They're shipping to the UK (I live in London), Hong Kong and somewhere else I can't remember as well as the US. I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I bought an unlocked one. They're shipping to the UK (I live in London), Hong Kong and somewhere else I can't remember as well as the US. I can't wait!
    Oh thats very tempeting i just tried and its singapore. How much did it cost you total and did you get it engraved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x01)
    Oh thats very tempeting i just tried and its singapore. How much did it cost you total and did you get it engraved?
    No, no engraving, I wouldn't know what to get! It cost me $578.64. I had some spare money from christmas so I thought I'd treat myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It handles it well for me.
    Do you have the newest ROM from HTC?
    Yeh I do. It works fine most of the time. But I do get lag and freeze ups from time time to time, especially if there's lots of apps open at once.

And the Nexus one looks really interesting. I can't wait for the Google Earth app.

ReputationRep:
    From the Nexus One Q&A:

Will these new features soon be coming to the Droid (or other Android handsets)
    RUBIN: Everyone will get that software within a couple of days.

I guess that means 2.1 for Hero soon then!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.