Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Haha! Ooops. I only ever use the free one. Premium is nice for when you're reinstalling apps. Much less ball ache.
    definitely, it broke my heart paying them £4.50 for a lil 80kb app but pressing install for 150+ each time i tried a new rom (5today) gave me nightmares lol, thanks for all the help, i love this ics rom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngzwavey)
    definitely, it broke my heart paying them £4.50 for a lil 80kb app but pressing install for 150+ each time i tried a new rom (5today) gave me nightmares lol, thanks for all the help, i love this ics rom
    No worries.

If you've not got it - Beautiful Widgets is on GetJar (getjar.com - dl app from there) for free at the mo. Android Pro Widgets has widgets galore, though it's not free anywhere...legally...

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop! Just got the ICS update on my HTC Sensation, downloading now

ReputationRep:
    This one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1502508&page=1

AOSP ICS loveliness. Go for Endymion if you want Sense with Android 2.3.5.
    I highly recommend Endymion as your main beginner ROM. Get used to it first, then experiment with ICS.

You can always do Nand restores.

@mikeyd85 I gave IceCold 7 a run today

Very nice, I love AOKP and the added tweaks. However,I don't think its stable enough for me yet... I had 4 random reboots/freezing. throughout my testing .

ReputationRep:
    instagrams out for android, what a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Very nice, I love AOKP and the added tweaks. However,I don't think its stable enough for me yet... I had 4 random reboots/freezing. throughout my testing .
    Fair enough. I've had a few apps freeze it, but they're normally games I've already played to death...

ReputationRep:
    So root and install a custom ROM without the Voda bloat.
    Wouldn't know where to start with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Wouldn't know where to start with that
    Would you like some guidance?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any android coding here? Trying to do something in a relative layout and its doing my head in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Woop woop! Just got the ICS update on my HTC Sensation, downloading now
    I updated to ICS yesterday (HTC sensation), and its wiped my SD card. Did you find the same?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thank God I have unlimited data: my phone has used around 200MB of data acting as a wireless hotspot for my laptop. Add that on to the 500 or so used when tethering, that's over 700MB.

Oops? :erm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    htc desire hd. does anyone have an official source that confirms when ice cream sandwich will be available for desire hd

ReputationRep:
    My Wildfire S keeps saying it has low internal memory. It used to be fine and I had about 20x more messages on my phone and all of my downloaded apps are saved to my SD card?

Any ideas?

~ Oh also, can anyone else download instagram? I've found it here, but I can find it in the Play store on my phone?

ReputationRep:
    Instagram is pretty naff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    htc desire hd. does anyone have an official source that confirms when ice cream sandwich will be available for desire hd
    There isn't one specifically with a date, just that it will happen.

http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/ics/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Instagram is pretty naff.
    lol i've downloaded it but thats about all, for me its more about getting the same apps as apple which we should have first anyway (i say this trying to sound the least like a fanboy as possible)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngzwavey)
    lol i've downloaded it but thats about all, for me its more about getting the same apps as apple which we should have first anyway (i say this trying to sound the least like a fanboy as possible)
    I'd rather Android apps lead the way in innovation than iOS. I can see why that was on iOS first though... Apple advertised it's twitter integration... Android laughed and told the world of it's twitter integration. And Gmail. And Facebook. And picasa. And email. And anything else that wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABCI23)
    I updated to ICS yesterday (HTC sensation), and its wiped my SD card. Did you find the same?
    No, mine seems to be fine, I still have everything. Maybe you were just unlucky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Thank God I have unlimited data: my phone has used around 200MB of data acting as a wireless hotspot for my laptop. Add that on to the 500 or so used when tethering, that's over 700MB.

Oops? :erm:
    That's nothing. Most people use a lot more. I'm unlimited as well, well 3GB really but that's more than enough. I don't even bother counting how much I use any more because I know it's going to be under, even with tethering/hotspotting.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by El Torres)
    That's nothing. Most people use a lot more. I'm unlimited as well, well 3GB really but that's more than enough. I don't even bother counting how much I use any more because I know it's going to be under, even with tethering/hotspotting.
    Yeah, but this was in one day! Or to be more accurate, in the space of around 6/7 hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.