Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been answered, but when is the ICS out for Samsung Galaxy S2? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koscielny)
    Sorry if this has been answered, but when is the ICS out for Samsung Galaxy S2? Thanks
    It depends which carrier you are on, it is already out for people on 3, and maybe other networks I'm not sure. If you have SIM free, Samsung have announced that you will only get it after it has been released by each network (which is ridiculous IMO). You could look into installing a custom ROM with ICS, I don't know much about that but the other people in this thread might be able to help you

ReputationRep:
    This site details the expected release dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    It is already out for people on 3
    I'm on three but when I look for an update it says there isn't one avaliable?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that link. I'm on three but my phone says there is no update avaliable? Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that link. I'm on three but my phone says there is no update avaliable? Any ideas?
    Are you trying to update via Kies or Over-The-Air?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Are you trying to update via Kies or Over-The-Air?
    I go;
    Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Update

It connects to the server and responds by saying there is no update avaliable.

ReputationRep:
    I go;
    Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Update

It connects to the server and responds by saying there is no update avaliable.
    Connect your cable and update via Kies; it isn't available OTA yet. Ensure you backup everything prior to updating.

ReputationRep:
    Better to check here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/rizandroid/ics
    and
    https://twitter.com/#!/SGS2Update

Tis a script that checks for updates every 6 mins and tweets as soon as it hits the KIES server.
    First link is a list of all ICS releases out so far (UK At bottom). Both links by the same person.

ReputationRep:
    Connect your cable and update via Kies; it isn't available OTA yet. Ensure you backup everything prior to updating.
    I connected my phone to Kies but how do I update it? Kies keeps asking me to install the latest Kies update, 2.3.0.12035, over and over again and that's the only thing that happens.

ReputationRep:
    FFS. Spent all day on Eclipse messing about with Android and I'm getting nowhere, Just deleted all my projects and I'm starting from scratch. Need a break as well.

ReputationRep:
    I connected my phone to Kies but how do I update it? Kies keeps asking me to install the latest Kies update, 2.3.0.12035, over and over again and that's the only thing that happens.
    It should inform you that there is new firmware available in the 'Firmware information' box. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    It should inform you that there is new firmware available in the 'Firmware information' box. :erm:
    Firmware information:

Please update Samsung Kies to the latest version and then upgrade firmware.

I click upgrade and it wants to update to 2.3.0.12035_16, which it has done about 5 times now.

ReputationRep:
    Firmware information:

Please update Samsung Kies to the latest version and then upgrade firmware.

I click upgrade and it wants to update to 2.3.0.12035_16, which it has done about 5 times now.
    Hmm... try uninstalling Kies and re-downloading it from the Samsung website.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... try uninstalling Kies and re-downloading it from the Samsung website.
    Tried that today and the same thing keeps happening... Any idea when the OTA update is going to be out?

ReputationRep:
    Tried that today and the same thing keeps happening... Any idea when the OTA update is going to be out?
    A long time afterwards... Is your phone rooted? You can use Mobile ODIN to flash the upgrade on your phone without losing data if it is.

ReputationRep:
    Or you can just flash it with Odin and don't need to root it at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Or you can just flash it with Odin and don't need to root it at all...
    I'm not sure if the data is preserved when flashing with Odin.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if the data is preserved when flashing with Odin.
    It is, make sure you use an upgrade version though and not a clean wipe version (I think a few exist in some places).

Though I would still recommend rooting and using titanium backup in case.

ReputationRep:
    This is a ridiculously unlikely request/question, but here goes:

For widget locker, I currently have the standard ICS unlock circle but with four icons around the outside, all of which are white. I really want to have it so that they are ICS blue (whilst the padlock and circle stay white), which I know the hex code for, is there anyway to change it? Just the four icons around the edge, nothing else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.