Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngzwavey)
    just got the "incompatible" GTA 3 downloaded apk to run seamlessly on a desire s (CM7.1stable + tiamat 1.1.5 kernel) ever so slightly overclocked on SmartassV2, oh did i mention controlling it with my ps3 controller :bl: now i remember why i didnt get an iphone for £49379473 a second lol
    What phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    What phone do you have?
    It says in his post...

ReputationRep:
    What phone do you have?
    just a humble desire s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It says in his post...
    Oh right

just a humble desire s
    Like the one I'm getting then

ReputationRep:
    Oh right

Like the one I'm getting then
    yup

ReputationRep:
    yup
    Does it still work well after just under 2 years then?

ReputationRep:
    Does it still work well after just under 2 years then?
    yeah i got mine last november and i'm pretty sure it will be with me running well till oct 2013 when i upgrade but i may by the new iphone when its released, i would definitely recommend this phone for the price and capabilities, glad my contract wouldn't give me a sensation now once rooted differences between htc's become less important

ReputationRep:
    Is it true I should do a factory reset on my phone before and after installing Ice Cream Sandwich for optimum performance? And would I be able to back up all my apps so that the progress is saved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Is it true I should do a factory reset on my phone before and after installing Ice Cream Sandwich for optimum performance? And would I be able to back up all my apps so that the progress is saved?
    Apparently so have a look http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsu...n/td-p/1068651

I myself wondered why but I understand now and people with the HTC sensation who have upgraded to ICS have found that they are getting multiple problems which are mainly due to the fact that they didnt factory reset before and after.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got mine last november and i'm pretty sure it will be with me running well till oct 2013 when i upgrade but i may by the new iphone when its released, i would definitely recommend this phone for the price and capabilities, glad my contract wouldn't give me a sensation now once rooted differences between htc's become less important
    I'm not very good with phones; computers are more my thing... What does it mean for a phone to be rooted?

Please excuse my ignorance

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very good with phones; computers are more my thing... What does it mean for a phone to be rooted?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=. ...44dfe41e981b&biw=1918&bih=101 9

ReputationRep:

A phone is 'rooted' when the OS has the administrator privileges unlocked

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm just wondering why all the HTC Desire S contract phone deals are now gone? I can't fine one anywhere now.. I could find plenty around in January. I was waiting a bit in the hope that the contract prices for this phone would fall by now.. is it likely that websites/shops will re-stock this phone? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yabbayabba)
    Hello, I'm just wondering why all the HTC Desire S contract phone deals are now gone? I can't fine one anywhere now.. I could find plenty around in January. I was waiting a bit in the hope that the contract prices for this phone would fall by now.. is it likely that websites/shops will re-stock this phone? Thanks
    Deals galore there http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mob...Y/NEW?network=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Apparently so have a look http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsu...n/td-p/1068651

I myself wondered why but I understand now and people with the HTC sensation who have upgraded to ICS have found that they are getting multiple problems which are mainly due to the fact that they didnt factory reset before and after.
    Is it possible to have app progress saved though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Is it possible to have app progress saved though?
    Yes, with Titanium Backup, but you need root first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yes, with Titanium Backup, but you need root first.
    I've been googling around about how to root but still aren't sure because I have a Macbook and the info I've come across aren't very good, is it possible to root with a Mac?

ReputationRep:
    Also http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...tiple-devices/ apparently but also needs root.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I've been googling around about how to root but still aren't sure because I have a Macbook and the info I've come across aren't very good, is it possible to root with a Mac?
    Assuming SuperOneClick works with your phone, that should do it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebee)
    A phone is 'rooted' when the OS has the administrator privileges unlocked
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.