Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    I see thanks now I just need to learn to root my phone...
    Install drivers for your phone.
    Enable USB debugging in settings.
    Run superoneclick from the link I posted a short while ago.

(Original post by cz100)
    Will have to see if my dad's old windows laptop can still work. He got the ICS update on his Sensation without any resets and it's lagging horribly.
    Ugh. I've not heard much good about the Sensation updates so far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Install drivers for your phone.
    Enable USB debugging in settings.
    Run superoneclick from the link I posted a short while ago.
    This is when you'll get annoyed.

I don't know how to the first thing :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Not yet used it, and won't have a proper go until the weekend when I'm off, but the Nexus is a delightful thing to behold.

ReputationRep:
    This is when you'll get annoyed.

I don't know how to the first thing :sad:
    Plugging your phone into your computer might do it automatically.

Otherwise try googling "<your phone> drivers"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Plugging your phone into your computer might do it automatically.

Otherwise try googling "<your phone> drivers"...
    Cheers hope I don't brick my phone. Will full charge it first

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they didn't really think that the S2 would be great for the GTA when it is but hey they got better things to do (GTA 5)
    Lets hope so worst thing is you probably won't get a refund since it'll take 15 minutes to download the extra conten and start playing the game. I found bugs when I progressed deep into the game, suffice to say I'm saddened they haven't sorted it out.
    MC3 is great :awesome:
    ahh did you have to pay a £1.50 bank charge on top of what you paid for the app + VAT? i heard a lot of uk debit cardholders getting charged this when purchasing an app from abroad, kinda putting me off buying it

MW3 not compatible with my phone, along with many other hd games :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    The problem is the price. Why not just get a Samsung Galaxy S2 for that? Seems a rip-off to me.
    Dude are you serious??

I payed for this LAST year. A SGS2 was going for a total of £600+ and those were the only cheap deals I could find!!!

A Desire S last year was on average going for £400+ on contract.

Remember, I payed £240ish altogether. And with that I got a FREE PHONE, 300mins, 1000 texts, 1gb internet...

That is a good deal. Where can you pick up a mid-high end phone (at the time) for £240 with a tariff???

And remember, this deal is only for 12 months! No need troubles of having such a ling unbearable 2 year contract...

This deal was featured on hotukdeals... it wouldnt be posted there and get 900 degrees hot If it was a 'rip off'!

Please tell me you are joking!!

How much are YOU paying altogether over the contract course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    ahh did you have to pay a £1.50 bank charge on top of what you paid for the app + VAT? i heard a lot of uk debit cardholders getting charged this when purchasing an app from abroad, kinda putting me off buying it

MW3 not compatible with my phone, along with many other hd games :sad:

Nope mine was fine normal price

Which phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Dude are you serious??

I payed for this LAST year. A SGS2 was going for a total of £600+ and those were the only cheap deals I could find!!!

Remember, I payed £240ish altogether. And with that I got a FREE PHONE, 300mins, 1000 texts, 1gb internet...

That is a good deal. Where can you pick up a mid-high end phone (at the time) for £240 with a tariff???

And remember, this deal is only for 12 months! No need troubles of having such a ling unbearable 2 year contract...

This deal was featured on hotukdeals... it wouldnt be posted there and get 900 degrees hot If it was a 'rip off'!

I don't know what deal you were talking about and can't be bothered to go back posts and see. But my SGS2 cost 17 pound per month + 70 quid upfront (effectively just under £20 per month) for 24 months. 500 mins 5000 texts and 1GB internet. This was in october. But yeah if you really need 12 months then all that's useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Dude are you serious??

I mean that it's bad for now considering you can get it cheaper, but you might as well get a new phone or a Galaxy S2 for that price.

ReputationRep:
    Nope mine was fine normal price

Which phone do you have?
    oh good

xperia s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    I mean that it's bad for now considering you can get it cheaper, but you might as well get a new phone or a Galaxy S2 for that price.
    True, I could probabley get a SGS2 for around that price now, but remember I bought this phone nearly ONE YEAR ago, at the time the Desire S was still considered a top end phone, whereas now it has dropped price alot and will probably be a discontinued model by next month.

But yeah, as the time this was a good deal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    True, I could probabley get a SGS2 for around that price now, but remember I bought this phone nearly ONE YEAR ago, at the time the Desire S was still considered a top end phone, whereas now it has dropped price alot and will probably be a discontinued model by next month.

But yeah, as the time this was a good deal...
    I know, I'm simply saying that the deal I recommended was better due to the low price and the phone's mid-range status in the spectrum of smartphones; i.e. I think that the earlier poster should go for the deal I told them about simply because it's cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    No more IceColdSandwich . What a great ROM. Everything is working bar the video camera so screw waiting for the DHD official update. LC has promised another update which is good news. I'm upgrading in November which seems far away but I'll probably just leave this ROM on until then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    oh good

xperia s
    Serioisly? I thought it would be impossible for that not to play it

ReputationRep:
    Football manager is now on Android :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Serioisly? I thought it would be impossible for that not to play it
    i heard it was something to do with it not supporting the hd screen :dontknow: pretty stupid since it is a hd game :rolleyes: it just shows up as incompatible with phone on the market

decided to wait until after my exams to install gta3, think i'll be on it 24/7 if i installed it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinytadpoletim)
    :O :O:O:O:O made my day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinytadpoletim)
    Oh... no... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Oh... no... :sad:
    Why 'oh no' ? :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.