Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i heard it was something to do with it not supporting the hd screen :dontknow: pretty stupid since it is a hd game :rolleyes: it just shows up as incompatible with phone on the market

decided to wait until after my exams to install gta3, think i'll be on it 24/7 if i installed it :p:
    That happened with me and 9mm apparently it isn't compatible with my phone which is the stupidest thing ever :confused:

Yeah same I'm trying to keep away from all forms of gaming till after May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinytadpoletim)
    Why 'oh no' ? :holmes:
    Because it might well nom my life.

ReputationRep:
    People having trouble playing games due to screen resolution...

Root phone, install this. Problem solved.

r8 gd deal http://www.expansys.com/motorola-mot...n-Personalised

ReputationRep:
    Well done T-Mo, you've been beaten by yet another network with ICS for the S2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Well done T-Mo, you've been beaten by yet another network with ICS for the S2
    Pft, who needs network ROMs when you have the CyanogenMod 9 nightlies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebee)
    Pft, who needs network ROMs?
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Still no ICS on S2 for orange - I disappoint

ReputationRep:
    Some interesting shots of my battery life here, usually leave it in airplane mode and lose 1-2% overnight, charged it till 100% finished at 11pm, light use till 11:30ish then put it in airplane mode, heres the results when i woke up around 7:15am

Heres my device details
    Name:  phone info.png
Views: 82
Size:  55.9 KB

during the night i have two titanium backup schedules one at 2am one at 3am
    the batt usage roughly after them was
    Name:  ti backup schedules.png
Views: 70
Size:  128.2 KB

another time during the night when should be deep sleep i presume
    Name:  woke up.png
Views: 67
Size:  132.9 KB

then during the night and just after i woke up and began checking batt and take screen shots it looked like
    Name:  woke upp.png
Views: 70
Size:  134.6 KB

heres some batt infoName:  screenshot-1334383941796.png
Views: 66
Size:  110.4 KBName:  batt usage.png
Views: 76
Size:  56.5 KB

as you can see even with high batt drain during sleep and airplane mode and with the titanium schedules running after almost 9hrs on battery, almost all i slept through the batt was still 100% lol, i dont know whether to believe the app readings or not. with in 20mins of taking the screenshots and downloading xda app and signing up etc i had dropped to 92% batt. right now im on 11hrs 20mins and 83% battery.

Just wondering if my batt stats sounds real, seems weird to me, usually i use Juicedefender to put the phone in airplane mode and get about -6ma drain. i stopped JD from running, manually put it in airplane and its -20ish lol

ReputationRep:
    Onto ICS, experiencing a few freezes and lags but other than that it's good.

ReputationRep:
    Are you using any underclocking settings for sleep mode? It might help! Try to see if you can configure them within the Reaper Control built in app.

Batteries take a while to calibrate immediately after a ROM flash. Battery will need to calibrate itself to give nore accurate readings. Give it some Time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Are you using any underclocking settings for sleep mode? It might help! Try to see if you can configure them within the Reaper Control built in app.

Batteries take a while to calibrate immediately after a ROM flash. Battery will need to calibrate itself to give nore accurate readings. Give it some Time
    yup underclocked at 307200 i used to have it at the bare minimum then remembered i have back up schedules running, do you think they'd work at the lowest UC ?

i was using conservative while asleep, would reaper be better for power saving

and i thought so, ive gone through so many different roms in two weeks lol i havent let my battery settle and adjust fully to one yet smh

ReputationRep:
    is it worth buying the anker battery upgrade for the sensation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craig_huggins)
    is it worth buying the anker battery upgrade for the sensation?
    depends on how much batt life you need and are getting currently and how you use the phone, i'd say no imo, good custom rom and the right apps and usage and you can get days, some people even say 5 days :eek: although it depends on how you use your phone and what for

ReputationRep:
    Plan for tomorrow:

See how much I can drop current contract to per month (12m remaining).

If it's then less than 180 quid to pay it off, sign new contract, get HTC One X, put Desire S on eBay (unless some body here wants for 150), pay off old contract.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Plan for tomorrow:

See how much I can drop current contract to per month (12m remaining).

If it's then less than 180 quid to pay it off, sign new contract, get HTC One X, put Desire S on eBay (unless some body here wants for 150), pay off old contract.

Thoughts?
    :eek: your selling the Desire S? :eek: why??

That's why I never go with 24 month contracts
    I only have a couple more months, then I'm going to a Galaxy Nexus or One S!

(Original post by lohoj)
    :eek: your selling the Desire S? :eek: why??

That's why I never go with 24 month contracts
    I only have a couple more months, then I'm going to a Galaxy Nexus or One S!
    He clearly said he'd be getting the One X so presumably that has something to do with his intention to sell it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    He clearly said he'd be getting the One X so presumably that has something to do with his intention to sell it...
    Got it in one.

ReputationRep:
    They won't let me drop down my contract.:sad:

But they gave me a fiver off for the next 6 months... so not too bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    They won't let me drop down my contract.:sad:

But they gave me a fiver off for the next 6 months... so not too bad!
    did you try and move on to a lower tariff?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.