Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Plan for tomorrow:

See how much I can drop current contract to per month (12m remaining).

If it's then less than 180 quid to pay it off, sign new contract, get HTC One X, put Desire S on eBay (unless some body here wants for 150), pay off old contract.

Thoughts?
    Didn't you say you're not a fan of big screens/phones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngzwavey)
    depends on how much batt life you need and are getting currently and how you use the phone, i'd say no imo, good custom rom and the right apps and usage and you can get days, some people even say 5 days :eek: although it depends on how you use your phone and what for
    well currently i get a day (if lucky) so anything more than that would be good. I use my phone for games mainly temple run, fb, twitter (general browsing)

ReputationRep:
    did you try and move on to a lower tariff?
    Yeah, they weren't having any of it.

(Original post by whyumadtho)
    Didn't you say you're not a fan of big screens/phones?
    I'm not convinced entirely, but a friend recently got the One S which is nice to hold, is very thin and doesn't feel cheap like some Samsung phones do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yeah, they weren't having any of it.
    hahha typical t-mobile but i still cant leave them

ReputationRep:
    Tiny Village is so addicting :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    hahha typical t-mobile but i still cant leave them
    Aye. Never mind eh? Desire S for another year it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craig_huggins)
    well currently i get a day (if lucky) so anything more than that would be good. I use my phone for games mainly temple run, fb, twitter (general browsing)
    a day on a stock device is impressive. if you want more than that while playing temple run and using social networking sites i presume you have them background syncing as well, rooting would definitely help, get rid of bloatware and other things eating up batt and cpu use. i'd say try rooting see how it goes, see the gains you get, its free, then if you need more buy a new battery

ReputationRep:
    depends on how much batt life you need and are getting currently and how you use the phone, i'd say no imo, good custom rom and the right apps and usage and you can get days, some people even say 5 days :eek: although it depends on how you use your phone and what for
    A custom ROM can really make that much of a difference with battery life? I currently get around 24 hours out of my XE, with minimal use. Obviously far less with normal use. Can you recommend a couple of ROMs that could help to improve that significantly?

Also, is it easy to revert rooting the phone, should I have any issues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    A custom ROM can really make that much of a difference with battery life? I currently get around 24 hours out of my XE, with minimal use. Obviously far less with normal use. Can you recommend a couple of ROMs that could help to improve that significantly?

ROMs can help with battery life quite a lot. But mainly that's due to new kernals allowing you to over/underclock your processor depending on your phone's state.

For example you can have the processor run overclocked at >50% battery and have it underclocked and conservative when the screen is turned off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)

not sure what phone you mean by xe but yeah as the above post says good kernel and rom combo is a sure gain for your battery. xda developers have a good section just type what phone you have in the top search bar "find my device" and browse through you'll see people discussing roms and features and how they all work

ReputationRep:
    not sure what phone you mean by xe but yeah as the above post says good kernel and rom combo is a sure gain for your battery. xda developers have a good section just type what phone you have in the top search bar "find my device" and browse through you'll see people discussing roms and features and how they all work
    HTC Sensation XE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    HTC Sensation XE.
    thought so i searched it and couldnt find xe but im not sure xe probably uses same roms as a standard sens' or the xl in the same way desire s and desire hd and now desire one v can all use pretty much the same roms due to hardware compatibility

ReputationRep:
    thought so i searched it and couldnt find xe but im not sure xe probably uses same roms as a standard sens' or the xl in the same way desire s and desire hd and now desire one v can all use pretty much the same roms due to hardware compatibility
    I think the XL is somewhat different but the XE is just a Sensation with a Beats logo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I think the XL is somewhat different but the XE is just a Sensation with a Beats logo.
    ahh sorted

ReputationRep:
    Yeh HTC Sensation XE, and from what I've read, anything for plain Sensation should work fine with XE. Just some minor hardware differences.

Thanks, I'm having a look round xda-developers now.

ReputationRep:
    How would I go about putting a video that I have on my computer onto my phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    How would I go about putting a video that I have on my computer onto my phone?
    USB cable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    USB cable?
    That much I know; I have it plugged in via USB but I don't know what folder to put the video in (I can't find the video/movie folder, if there is one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    That much I know; I have it plugged in via USB but I don't know what folder to put the video in (I can't find the video/movie folder, if there is one).
    Make one if there isn't one already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Make one if there isn't one already?
    I'll try that then.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.