Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter where you store files. It may be convenient to have them in one place depending on the player though.

They will either a) scan for relevant video files and present you a list or b) have a built in file explorer to find your videos.

ReputationRep:
    OR if you are just playing through the Gallery it will appear in there (may depend on which version of Gallery you have).

ReputationRep:
    Ditching ICS again, back to Gingerbread until I can move the status bar to the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Ditching ICS again, back to Gingerbread until I can move the status bar to the top.
    Good move switching back to GB isn't so bad

ReputationRep:
    Is there/will there be vouchers available to buy from Google play, like iTunes vouchers, opposed to having to use a credit card?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Android 5.0 Jelly Bean is meant to be released?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheNexus)
    Does anyone know when Android 5.0 Jelly Bean is meant to be released?
    not for a long time

ReputationRep:
    Where is my ice cream sarnie update ? HTC.sensation XL

ReputationRep:
    May 3rd for SGS3 announce.

Also people need to become less obsessed over updates. Either that or root and stop moaning/asking about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

Also people need to become less obsessed over updates. Either that or root and stop moaning/asking about it.
    I agree, we all know HTC --> mobile networks are horrible at pushing updates to user phones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngzwavey)
    I agree, we all know HTC --> mobile networks are horrible at pushing updates to user phones
    I don't think HTC can really be called "horrible". This branding seems to stem from when HTC ran the game and struggled to roll out updates for it's first and second generation phones.

But really, now we are able to observe the rest of the manufacturers having exactly the same issues (often taking longer than HTC do).

It's just a fact of the Android ecosystem, until they introduce some means to update the underbelly of Android without upsetting the rest of the system.

ReputationRep:
    Good move switching back to GB isn't so bad
    It is, it's traumatising when you have a tablet and have to go back to none tablet apps. However I found ICS unusable due to the bottom status bar, so I had to chose the lesser of two evils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    But really, now we are able to observe the rest of the manufacturers having exactly the same issues (often taking longer than HTC do).

It's just a fact of the Android ecosystem..
    i actually meant android devices in general whoops haha i just forget as i have a htc that their are other android devices, bit of natural bias

(Original post by theronkinator)
    It is, it's traumatising when you have a tablet and have to go back to none tablet apps. However I found ICS unusable due to the bottom status bar, so I had to chose the lesser of two evils.
    hmm what do you miss about ics i only really felt like the browser and multitask switching was significantly improved but then again i'm running a very good c-rom, + the tablet experience is probably a lot different compared to phones i suppose

ReputationRep:
    I had to move from ICS to GB when my HD2 died. CM7 just ain't as good.

ReputationRep:
    hmm what do you miss about ics i only really felt like the browser and multitask switching was significantly improved but then again i'm running a very good c-rom, + the tablet experience is probably a lot different compared to phones i suppose
    Tablet apps are way better than phone ones on a tablet, it's a huge difference.

ReputationRep:
    Samsung have scheduled a "Meet the next Galaxy" event on May 3rd in London. I hope this means the S3. Hope it's not a spinoff like the Galaxy Note although that does look like a good phone so an improved Galaxy note would be great too.

ReputationRep:
    Even though ics ain't perfect on Desire S, I just can't bring myself to go back to GB. Too many little things I've come to love in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

Rooting doesnt solve the problem.

We need the update for the official kernel source, so devs can fix stuff in their custom ROMs.

That's why their arent fully functional.

ReputationRep:
    I went to put my headphones into my GS2 and it slipped out my case and fell on the floor. I've scuffed the corners, can anyone suggest any ways of tidying it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    I went to put my headphones into my GS2 and it slipped out my case and fell on the floor. I've scuffed the corners, can anyone suggest any ways of tidying it up?
    Take it to an apple store and pay £100 for them to replace the glass screen, oh wait it isn't made with 2 glass, plates so it can actually take being dropped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.