Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    What is the best weather app/widget?
    I use a combination:
    • Beautiful Widgets for the animation, iconset/widget and general design (much better than Fancy Widgets in my opinion)
    • Aix Weather Widget for its accurate precipitation and temperature graphs for the next 24 hours
    • BeWeather Pro because it also looks nice and has more in-app information than Beautiful Widgets

ReputationRep:
    The new GO Launcher EX update has finally fixed the lag bug when using the Cylinder and Sphere transition effects on the homescreen.

ReputationRep:
    I updated my GS2 to Android 4.03 and I have so many problems. Apps crashing, Menu button not working and phone turning off. Anyone had any problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    I updated my GS2 to Android 4.03 and I have so many problems. Apps crashing, Menu button not working and phone turning off. Anyone had any problems?
    Factory reset from recovery.

ReputationRep:
    I miss having a good phone :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Factory reset from recovery.
    I've tried that, but still get the bugs etc

ReputationRep:
    I factory reset mine and haven't had any problems

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I factory reset mine and haven't had any problems

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
    This is what appears in the update? I think I'll stick with the old version. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    This is what appears in the update? I think I'll stick with the old version. :nothing:
    You can disable it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Just got my new S2 and I want to know how I can change track on my phone without having to enter my password when the phone is locked? through it as I have iPhone before I can double click the home button to change track, but how can I do this with s2?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Hi, Just got my new S2 and I want to know how I can change track on my phone without having to enter my password when the phone is locked? through it as I have iPhone before I can double click the home button to change track, but how can I do this with s2?

thanks
    Are you on ICS? Not sure but on my Galaxy Nexus with widget locker installed, I slide to unlock and then go to the password screen which has the skip forward/backward and pause buttons above the numpad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Are you on ICS? Not sure but on my Galaxy Nexus with widget locker installed, I slide to unlock and then go to the password screen which has the skip forward/backward and pause buttons above the numpad.
    Yep its on new software any idea?

ReputationRep:
    It entirely depends on the music app you are using. Play music, for example, has that functionality you mentioned.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I just found out there are Sonic games for Android. :woo: :awesome:

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    I just found out there are Sonic games for Android. :woo: :awesome:
    Sonic 4 or old ROMs?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Sonic 4 or old ROMs?
    Sonic CD. I'd played the (old) PC port before but never (properly) completed it.

ReputationRep:
    Sonic CD. I'd played the (old) PC port before but never (properly) completed it.
    Sonic 4 is there though, and there is a free to play Sonic Advance as well but only for the Japanese at the moment. You can still find the apk though, I have it and it brings back good memories

Nice! I doubt my phone could run it though :ashamed2:

I have loads of Sonic games on my computer and Sonic Advance 1-3 on my phone, but I'm stuck on all of them :ashamed2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mahjongmagic)
    Sonic 4 is there though, and there is a free to play Sonic Advance as well but only for the Japanese at the moment. You can still find the apk though, I have it and it brings back good memories
    Yeah, I was going to buy Sonic 4 (Episode 1) after I finish this one.

Nice! I doubt my phone could run it though :ashamed2:
    Sonic CD runs great on my HTC Desire running a Gingerbread ROM. :yep:

I have loads of Sonic games on my computer and Sonic Advance 1-3 on my phone, but I'm stuck on all of them :ashamed2:
    I haven't played the Advance ones, are they any good?

Sonic CD runs great on my HTC Desire running a Gingerbread ROM. :yep:

I haven't played the Advance ones, are they any good?
    Have you overclocked?

I like Sonic Advance (1), it's one of the two games I have ever completed
    On my phone I've only gotten through all the zones with Sonic, and I didn't get to any of the Special Zones, but I suppose I could do that later lol

Sonic Advance 2 feels a bit weird, I don't really know what I'm meant to be doing so I just run and collect the stars when I see them :p:

Both games run really nicely on my phone (with the sound off)

Just checked... I don't have SA3 :facepalm2: Ignore me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.