Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by G8D)
    S Voice is useless to me. I don't want to talk at my device.
    EXACTLY!

I don't see the point in things like that. They just seem superfluous.

ReputationRep:
    Just updated to AOKP Milestone 5 unofficial by Tectas (Desire S).

What a lovely ROM!

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching the live stream and several times now they have just played a series of bad and unconnected promo reels :/

ReputationRep:
    Christ Sammy are almost as bad as HTC for advertising :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think making the S3 bigger than the S2 was a good move. I found the S2 really difficult to use due to its size as it is, uncomfortable for long periods of use as I have to really stretch my hands. Admittedly they are small, but an even bigger phone I think is just too big - I do think phone sizes are starting to get ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I think S2 is good size for smartphone and think Samsung should have keep it same for S3 it should have better design. I'm still happy with mine S2 white.

ReputationRep:
    Such a boring conservative design. Phones have gotta be sexy looking in this day and age. The HTC One X looks like the standout Android phone atm but it's too big and has limited 16gb storage.

Underwhelming show by Samsung. I guess expectations were too high. Very little reason to upgrade from S2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It's ugly.
    I think it's quite nice. I'll wait to see when I go into a shop but I quite like the blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I think it's quite nice. I'll wait to see when I go into a shop but I quite like the blue
    Shiny plastic is a no go for me. Looks so cheap and flimsy.

I much prefer HTC's matte coatings.

ReputationRep:
    Too big.
    Too ugly.
    Too far away from the end of my contract anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Too big.
    Too ugly.
    I'll need to have a go of the OneX before passing judgement on size.

I think it's either that or the OneS I'll get.

ReputationRep:
    What's that root app that lets your decide whether apps can use certain permissions as and when they try to do so?

Had it on my Hero I think but it never worked on my HD2 ROMs..

An app I like has updated with SMS control and I don't trust it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What's that root app that lets your decide whether apps can use certain permissions as and when they try to do so?

Had it on my Hero I think but it never worked on my HD2 ROMs..

An app I like has updated with SMS control and I don't trust it.
    Permissions Denied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Permissions Denied?
    I don't think so. It was better looking and actually had a pop-up when permissions were invoked by apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Too big.
    Too ugly.
    Ditto!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting article http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05...ly-by-lawyers/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Currently I have a Galaxy S II (had it for a little over a year) and am nearing the end of my contract with Three so I might be eligible for an early upgrade. I can't help but think I don't need a better phone and I won't in the foreseeable future, so I think I'll just wait until my contract runs out and switch to giffgaff for £10 per month. That said the price of the HTC One X isn't actually that bad. Can anybody give me any compelling reasons to upgrade or not to upgrade?
    Reason to upgrade: this generation of phones isn't going to be bested very quickly so there's not really anything worth waiting for beyond the S3/OneX for a while.

Reason not to: money, S2 is more than capable of what you'll probably want to use it as an average (?) user.

ReputationRep:
    Currently I have a Galaxy S II (had it for a little over a year) and am nearing the end of my contract with Three so I might be eligible for an early upgrade. I can't help but think I don't need a better phone and I won't in the foreseeable future, so I think I'll just wait until my contract runs out and switch to giffgaff for £10 per month. That said the price of the HTC One X isn't actually that bad. Can anybody give me any compelling reasons to upgrade or not to upgrade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Reason to upgrade: this generation of phones isn't going to be bested very quickly so there's not really anything worth waiting for beyond the S3/OneX for a while.

Reason not to: money, S2 is more than capable of what you'll probably want to use it as an average (?) user.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

I've worked it out and the difference between upgrading on Three with the Internet 500 plan at £29 and going with giffgaff on the £10 plan with fewer minutes works out at around £140 over two years assuming I can sell my phone and get an early upgrade which would mean I'd end up not paying for the last two/three months on my current contract. I was actually never considering upgrading until I saw that the cost wasn't particularly high.

Do you know about the rooting situation on the HTC One X? Are there any problems with the phone that you've heard about?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.